Official Macbeth Thread

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
Gotta be the first movie I ever saw where I have to figure out the plot through context clues and the acting because I had no idea what the hell these dudes was saying half the time :dead:
But I liked it, beautifully shot movie with great acting.

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Movie really reminded me of Throne of Blood. It honestly felt like Denzel watched Toshiro Mifune on repeat and based his performance on that.

Sensitive Christian Grey

The Fisher King
Daps
Reppin
Welsh Hills
This is probably the place I can best ask this but is Macbeth the best Shakespeare play? :jbhmm:

It's my favorite at least, and I suppose many others by the way its been adapted all over the world

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This is probably the only best I can ask this but is Macbeth the best Shakespeare play? :jbhmm:

It's my favorite at least, and I suppose many others by the way its been adapted all over the world

Depends on what you prefer but it's the best to me just based on how the golden age of TV revolves around villains/anti-heroes (Tony Soprano, Vic Mackey, Walter White, etc.) and Macbeth is the OG when it comes to that lane.

Fred.

Sensitive Christian Grey

The Fisher King
Daps
Reppin
Welsh Hills
Depends on what you prefer but it's the best to me just based on how the golden age of TV revolves around villains/anti-heroes (Tony Soprano, Vic Mackey, Walter White, etc.) and Macbeth is the OG when it comes to that lane.

Fred.

That's a good point. I guess it can be a little bit harder to take inspiration/recreate those other iconic characters from the plays like Hamlet or King Lear. With them two, I can see how they're archetypes like the reluctant young hero or the contemplative, mortal elderly man but there's enough about the writing that makes you wonder: Is this supposed to be how their actions play out, how their stories end? And from a commercial point of view, whether there's enough twists and turns for the story to be marketable

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Watching for 1st time

This is the Best rendition i have ever seen
And i have seen many
Took 2 semesters of Shakespeare in college

They speak the dialog soo clearly that you don't even have to concentrate to know what is being said and what it means :wow: