Official Lovecraft Country Thread

No Sleep

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Souf Caro
I love the book and highly interested in seeing the live action show on HBO. I will say I know they have to make it for TV, but changing Caleb to Christina is one of those things that I'm not to sure why they did it and and want to see how well it's going to work. Abby Lee does have that weird menacing look for the part.

GR13

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
New trailer looking :whoo:

this shyt looks absolutely brazy :whew:

but the hype for this seem's kinda mid at best when this Finally airs these Black Twitter breh's and brehett's need to be on they job get this potential piff trending and going viral

Last edited:

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I didn't like Us, but this right here just might restore the feeling. Does anyone know what Lovecraft story, if any this is supposed to be based on? I don't think Lovecraft ever tackled race in his stories, so this is a big risk, but it could also be a big reward.

Also, I did like Color Out of Space. I think that might have been the only Lovecraft story I've seen turned into film.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I didn't like Us, but this right here just might restore the feeling. Does anyone know what Lovecraft story, if any this is supposed to be based on? I don't think Lovecraft ever tackled race in his stories, so this is a big risk, but it could also be a big reward.

Also, I did like Color Out of Space. I think that might have been the only Lovecraft story I've seen turned into film.

HP Lovecraft was a notorious racist. He hated black people with a passion. This isn’t based on any specific Lovecraft story rather it is an adaptation of a novel by a white author named Matt Ruff.

Also Jordan Peele is merely a producer on this show. Misha Green is the series Showrunner and head writer (she wrote and executive produced Underground)

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
HP Lovecraft was a notorious racist. He hated black people with a passion. This isn’t based on any specific Lovecraft story rather it is an adaptation of a novel by a white author named Matt Ruff.

Also Jordan Peele is merely a producer on this show. Misha Green is the series Showrunner and head writer (she wrote and executive produced Underground)

fukk. :gucci:

Anyway, never saw Underground. Guess I'm in for something new.

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds

THIS. THIS. THIS. Saw the trailer on YouTube just now and it caught my interest with the actors I seen it (Courtney B. Vance, Michael K. Williams) and I was feeling the 50's setting mixed with Sci-Fi. I seen this show as untouched territory for black storytelling.... then I seen the name LOVECRAFT COUNTRY and I was like WTF :what: :mindblown:

Lovecraft hated nikkas and now we got a show with his name on it starting prominent black talent. 2020 is a strange time brehs :lupe: