Daps
Modern posters are so hideous. Go back to hand drawn

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
like a horror show with a monster

That's a pretty broad description. I thought you meant "like 'Stranger Things'" as in the tone. Like, kinda goofy mixed with horror.

I'm hearing this is closer in tone to something like the darker episodes of "X-Files".

Fred.

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
That's a pretty broad description. I thought you meant "like 'Stranger Things'" as in the tone. Like, kinda goofy mixed with horror.

I'm hearing this is closer in tone to something like the darker episodes of "X-Files".

Fred.
oh no i meant genre not tone

i purposely avoid all info about any new show until a trailer drops so the monster thing kinda threw me off

wasn't expecting that

thought this was a period piece drama about race

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
thought this was a period piece drama about race

It is but it also has horror (well, I mean in addition to the horror of systemic racism) and super natural elements as well. It's loosely inspired by the works of H.P. Lovecraft, one of the most influential horror writers of the last 100 years and the father of "cosmic horror".

Fred.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
It is but it also has horror (well, I mean in addition to the horror of systemic racism) and super natural elements as well. It's loosely inspired by the works of H.P. Lovecraft, one of the most influential horror writers of the last 100 years and the father of "cosmic horror".

Fred.
Though to be fair, the "mind control" aspect of Stranger Things is ripping off Lovcraftian ideas.

• Dap
Reactions: hex