Official Lovecraft Country Thread

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
somehow i completely missed any gay content. i guess the guy at the bar was gay. i saw some people angry about that but it must have lasted only a second or so.

NeoSeeker

GOAT human
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
somehow i completely missed any gay content. i guess the guy at the bar was gay. i saw some people angry about that but it must have lasted only a second or so.

The bartender was getting blown by a dude. Who was in the dark and ran off so fast the only way you really would’ve known that for sure was if you reminded and paused it.

But as soon as I saw it, I knew people were going trip. We'll probably never see that character again, but people will dwell on that scene until the finale.

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Started slow going rewatch the episode

wanted to watch with my daughter still on the fence lol to many sex scenes

I kept thinking about Watchmen which is unfair to this show

Still a dope opener doesn’t move fast as watchmen

how many episodes we getting ?

I gotta get in shape :pause: homie was brolic :dame:

Dame smollet is fine as fukk
I would lick her from
Head to toe

Was that Baldwin speaking in the background

I gotta rewatch and pay attention we here now

10 episodes. Reviewers have only seen the first 5

Yes, that was Baldwin

JayStarwind

Superstar
Daps
The bartender was getting blown by a dude. Who was in the dark and ran off so fast the only way you really would’ve known that for sure was if you reminded and paused it.

But as soon as I saw it, I knew people were going trip. We'll probably never see that character again, but people will dwell on that scene until the finale.
Dope show but what’s up with the gay shyt:rudy:
:mjgrin:

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
I LOVED this. Great set design, great acting, GREAT writing! It's also fantastically subversive considering H.P. Lovecraft wrote a poem entitled "On the Creation of N*ggers". I love how they address his racism within the first 15 minutes of the pile & then proceed to center black life & humanity. A wonderfully big fukk you to H.P.Lovecraft & his dry ass prose. lolol

I can't wait until tomorrow!

Trot LaRoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi/LA
Pilot was good, I'll be watching this.
The fact Courtney Vance was so cavalier about tryna eat in that diner didnt make sense....a grown black men in that era woulda known better than to test that shyt

Usually I roll my eyes when yall be talmbout the "agenda"....nikkas be reachin but in this case yea they shoehorned it in their in the bar scene :pachaha:

Whatever tho,shyt was 2 seconds, I'll live.:manny:
Anybody who ain't gonna watch due to that is being goofy

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali

Now if we don't see this guy again that will make the scene even ten times worse because literally there was absolutely no need for that shyt whatsoever. If that random guy was just a plot point just so Atticus could find out which direction his father went in then why did we have to learn about the non important filler character's sexuality? Not to mention that scene does no justice to the alphabet community. They were better off just showing two dudes holding hands or some shyt:dame:during that street party scene where the sisters were signing at if they needed the agenda quota filled.

How about the guy that played the crackhead tho. What's going through your head while you go audition for that shyt? And do you tell your friends and family that you're on the first episode of the show("Its a real brief scene.. you gotta look closely but I'm in there tho") or do you keep that to yourself:patrice: