Spoiler tag because the pics are big:

XhNxdKp.jpg

u8uyUmr.jpg

8tg9BsL.jpg

CTURh71.jpg

e9Ejfqb.jpg

xxQDPU5.jpg

Fred.
I could only give a public school interpretation of this, but its right there in your face.
But why the subliminals when they do what they want anyway?

You know how infuriating that is?
Youre asking all these questions like the right answer wont still get you blasted and left for dead.

Imagine how hard it mustve been to just even smile back then. Smh

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
how did Jurnee end up travelling with them, lol did she even ask?

they linked up and came together like and RPG party :mjlol:

:dwillhuh:

The first stop they made was her family. She went with them to give them a place to stay but her and dude (think it was her bro) arguing fukked that up. It's why they left early.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Anyway, first ep was dope and didn't OD on the sci-fi/horror elements which is cool. I never read the novel this is based on but there's a lot they can mine from Lovecraft's stories so it's good to use that stuff sparingly.

I did like the shoggoths in the woods, though.

Fred.

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
Peep how the pig had his gun aimed at the black folks the entire time as his buddy turning into the thing that kilt the rest of his squad. :mjlol:

"Shoot that motherfukka! :gucci:"

Pig: *keeps pointing gun at the Black protagonists but looks at friend turning into a monster* "Uhhh what :merchant:"

"Give me the gun then! :mjtf:"

Pig: "Now you stand back ya hear!:beli:"

*pig gets turned into bacon*

:unimpressed::unimpressed::unimpressed::unimpressed:

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dopest thing about the show is whether they’re dealing with Lovecraftian monsters or real life racism they’re in constant danger so they’ll always be some degree of tension.

Taking that approach was a clever way to address HP Lovecraft’s racist views

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
What's worse the monsters or the racism?
Imo I hated the cops and the white people in this way more than the monsters and the setting
Then you also have to think about the fact that HP Lovecraft was a racist as well and that was bleeding into his writing

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Imo I hated the cops and the white people in this way more than the monsters and the setting
Then you also have to think about the fact that HP Lovecraft was a racist as well and that was bleeding into his writing
The racists. They damn near got all em killed to spite the black people :mjlol:
Even now we got social media shining the light and they still justify their bullshyt. Light scares off the monsters but makes these mfs gully so they are on bs 24/7

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The racists. The monsters actually act within reason. The racist ass cops were more relentless
Even if the face of unspeakable horror, they still had to find a way to judge and marginalize the black folks. Dude was missing his shoulder and watched beats eat his men but he assumed the black folks would leave them after they came up with a plan