Official Lovecraft Country Thread

ultraflexed

Superstar
Daps
As for culturally important, stop it, movies are just movies, entertainment, nothing more and nothing less to me.

That's you, an hopefully your a adult.
We all know movies/radio/tv/music media has MASSIVE INFLUENCE. This cant be denied to many examples, whether is its fashion, slang, identity, or mindset it does influence the youth

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
That's you, an hopefully your a adult.
We all know movies/radio/tv/music media has MASSIVE INFLUENCE. This cant be denied to many examples, whether is its fashion, slang, identity, or mindset it does influence the youth
Yes my opinion, just like youbexpressed your opinion

CROM

Pray. I will not listen, but I will laugh at you
Daps
Reppin
Valhalla
To be fair, the book the show is based on uses the Lovecraft Country angle as a specific place where weird shyt happens to black people. Basically its a double entendre
Extremely ironic...or very inentional...that the primary characters are black. I stayed away from Lovecraft because of his feelings on black people.

For those who don't know:
On the Creation of ******s...by HP Lovecraft

When, long ago, the gods created Earth
In Jove's fair image Man was shaped at birth.
The beasts for lesser parts were next designed;
Yet were they too remote from humankind.
To fill the gap, and join the rest to Man,
Th'Olympian host conceiv'd a clever plan.
A beast they wrought, in semi-human figure,
Filled it with vice, and called the thing a ******.

Curious about the show, but I have seriously mixed feelings about it. If Peele wasn't involved, I'd probably pass on it.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
DKt04lZ.png

The Bible is the antithesis of cosmic horror because mankind is front and center in it. God's creation and the focal point of the universe, apparently.

Cosmic horror is basically, Earth is an anthill which could get squashed at any time, and not even maliciously. But because we aren't special.

Fred.
I argue that is more terrifying than cosmic horror. In cosmic horror you are beneath the notice of these beings beyond your comprehension so when you get squashed that is it. Its the end. What happens when the beings not only notice you but you become the center of the universe? And what happens when you face their ire ? It ain't ending with death (could be the same with lovecraft shyt if that is a bug in that universe):hubie: