Official Lovecraft Country Thread

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I argue that is more terrifying than cosmic horror. In cosmic horror you are beneath the notice of these beings beyond your comprehension so when you get squashed that is it. Its the end. What happens when the beings not only notice you but you become the center of the universe? And what happens when you face their ire ? It ain't ending with death (could be the same with lovecraft shyt if that is a bug in that universe):hubie:

There is actually creatures and gods in The Cthulhu Mythos that are interested in humans and the types of things you're describing.

Nyarlathotep is about as close to the devil as you can get in cosmic horror:

Nyarlathotep - Wikipedia

In his first appearance in "Nyarlathotep" (1920), he is described as a "tall, swarthy man" who resembles an ancient Egyptian pharaoh.[1] In this story he wanders the Earth, seemingly gathering legions of followers, the narrator of the story among them, through his demonstrations of strange and seemingly magical instruments. These followers lose awareness of the world around them, and through the narrator's increasingly unreliable accounts, the reader gets an impression of the world's collapse.[1] Fritz Leiber proposes three interpretations of the character based on this appearance: the universe's mockery of man's attempts to understand it; a negative view of the commercial world, represented by Nyarlathotep's self-promotion and contemptuous attitude; and man's self-destructive rationality

Fred.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
There is actually creatures and gods in The Cthulhu Mythos that are interested in humans and the types of things you're describing.

Nyarlathotep is about as close to the devil as you can get in cosmic horror:

Nyarlathotep - Wikipedia

Fred.
Thaaaat is who I was thinking of. Even it doesn't engage often but still causes fukkery. He may be the end of humans intentionally. The funny part is him like the other gods are also essentially anthills like us about to be crushed because once that sleeping god awakes is safe wrap for everything

• Dap
Reactions: hex