Official Loki Thread

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
People discussing a show on a discussion board :ohhh:

The fukk were we thinking :bryan:

Discussing and being anal and breaking down every last detail and complaining is not ideal.

And its like this for ever damn comic movie/show :comeon:

Bunch of nerds nitpicking as usual

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm late as fukk, watched the ep yesterday.

Liked it but the pacing of this show is kinda weird. Not saying it's impossible to wrap this up in 1 ep but revealing the TVA is a front for someone then spending an entire ep on a detour is....bold, to say the least.

Earlier in the thread I seen people arguing over the big bad being a Loki variant vs Kang....and how you can't really surprise the audience any more....

I'll say this:

1. The average person doesn't figure out the stuff you all think is obvious. We went through the same thing in the "Wandavision" thread. If you're on the internet discussing this show weekly, or a comic head, or thinking about fan theories....the average person watching these Disney+ shows doesn't do all that. So it being a Loki variant would be fine for most people. Hell, it would be fine for me as long as the writing is on point.

Which brings me to my next point....

2. Honestly nobody cares if they figure stuff out as long as the execution is on point.

People figured out "Mr. Robot" season 2 damn near immediately. If you go back and read the thread, people were still :blessed:at the execution.

On the flip side, people figured out season 6 of "Dexter" by ep 2 and the writing was trash on top of that, so it pissed people off.

If this is a Loki variant, as long as the writing is good, it'll be fine. Even though I'd obviously prefer Kang.

Fred.

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML
I'm late as fukk, watched the ep yesterday.

Liked it but the pacing of this show is kinda weird. Not saying it's impossible to wrap this up in 1 ep but revealing the TVA is a front for someone then spending an entire ep on a detour is....bold, to say the least.

Earlier in the thread I seen people arguing over the big bad being a Loki variant vs Kang....and how you can't really surprise the audience any more....

I'll say this:

1. The average person doesn't figure out the stuff you all think is obvious. We went through the same thing in the "Wandavision" thread. If you're on the internet discussing this show weekly, or a comic head, or thinking about fan theories....the average person watching these Disney+ shows doesn't do all that. So it being a Loki variant would be fine for most people. Hell, it would be fine for me as long as the writing is on point.

Which brings me to my next point....

2. Honestly nobody cares if they figure stuff out as long as the execution is on point.

People figured out "Mr. Robot" season 2 damn near immediately. If you go back and read the thread, people were still :blessed:at the execution.

On the flip side, people figured out season 6 of "Dexter" by ep 2 and the writing was trash on top of that, so it pissed people off.

If this is a Loki variant, as long as the writing is good, it'll be fine. Even though I'd obviously prefer Kang.

Fred.
I agree w/ this though a King Loki would be somewhat of a letdown. The other shows gave us some major development to keep us somewhat happy. WandaVision you got Wanda evolving into actually becoming the Scarlet Witch. FATWS you saw the new cap America. While you didn't see the appearances everyone was asking for(doc strange, mephisto) you still got some cool things that will def pay off down the road. Another Loki variant seems like a cop out IMO.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
All they have to do is touch both Loki's with the stick and delete them for good

Even if they beating ya ass
U could touch the hand thats hitting u... :skip:

Yet they never do:dead:

What ep are you on?

Fred.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I agree w/ this though a King Loki would be somewhat of a letdown. The other shows gave us some major development to keep us somewhat happy. WandaVision you got Wanda evolving into actually becoming the Scarlet Witch. FATWS you saw the new cap America. While you didn't see the appearances everyone was asking for(doc strange, mephisto) you still got some cool things that will def pay off down the road. Another Loki variant seems like a cop out IMO.

? Another variant is the most Marvelest of endings.

Marvel always has the hero face a dark mirror of them.

Iron Man vs a unrepentant, rich jerk in a iron suit

Cap vs a evil, nationalist super soldier red skull.

Kang isn’t the dark mirror of Loki if 2012 version kept going.

Old Loki was a man filled with regret who escaped death but was alone in a prison.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
? Another variant is the most Marvelest of endings.

Marvel always has the hero face a dark mirror of them.

Iron Man vs a unrepentant, rich jerk in a iron suit

Cap vs a evil, nationalist super soldier red skull.

Kang isn’t the dark mirror of Loki if 2012 version kept going.

Old Loki was a man filled with regret who escaped death but was alone in a prison.

Normally I would agree but this shyt has Kang all over it. From Ravonna to Aloith.

Not to mention, unlike "Wandavision" where people jumped out the window with Mephisto, Kang actually exists in the MCU. He's already been cast.

I'm not saying it's Kang....but eventually Marvel has to stop pump faking.

Fred.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
but eventually Marvel has to stop pump faking.

tenor.gif

:troll::lolbron:

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Normally I would agree but this shyt has Kang all over it. From Ravonna to Aloith.

Not to mention, unlike "Wandavision" where people jumped out the window with Mephisto, Kang actually exists in the MCU. He's already been cast.

I'm not saying it's Kang....but eventually Marvel has to stop pump faking.

Fred.
Why can't this series instead of making Kang the big bad... Is simply a set up for Ant Man and they show Kang in a post credit scene.

It's pretty clear that Kang would need the TVA to be gone to exist for the set up in Ant Man to make sense.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Why can't this series instead of making Kang the big bad... Is simply a set up for Ant Man and they show Kang in a post credit scene.

It's pretty clear that Kang would need the TVA to be gone to exist for the set up in Ant Man to make sense.

It would make more sense still for Kang to be behind the TVA.

Regardless, when I say "they need to stop pump faking"....Kang, even in a post credit scene, would remedy that.

Fred.