Official Loki Thread

cole phelps

Superstar
Daps
For the comic brehs, what's the best Kang graphic novel/story arc in the comics? And why don't they call him Kang in Loki but instead "He Who Remains"?

I'm intrigued by the character from the bits I've seen in the comics and the animated Avengers EMH series. But in the MCU he doesn't feel as menacing the way they've portrayed him so far.
Some good Kang comics are: Kang dynasty, avengers forever, only myself left to conquer

Daps
A lot of stuff makes more sense when you rewatch the series.

At first I thought they were just flying by the seat of their pants with Loki like they've obviously been doing with the other Marvel content, but nah. They had this whole thing planned out in advance, both seasons. They're so interconnected.

One thing that's making more sense to me is that the Sacred Timeline is just the timeline that HWR wanted. It could have been any timeline that he chose. But he chose his own timeline and destroyed everything else. But that doesn't mean that this timeline is any more the true timeline than any other timeline.

It's like the old saying, "he who wins the war writes the history".

HWR won so history was what he said it was.

But I believe that at the end of this whole multiverse thing, a new timeline is going to be chosen to the MAIN timeline, and it's going to be a timeline where the entire Marvel universe exists: Mutants, FF4, Doom and everything else we've wanted to see.

The current sacred timeline is actually the wrong timeline, much how in the Flash tv show, the timeline there is the wrong timeline because of Thawne going back in time and messing everything up. (Flash got his powers earlier than he was supposed to get them, etc etc)

The same is happening in the Marvel universe.

This is some high level writing when you really think about it. If you block out everything that's happened in Marvel Phase 4 and just focus on the multiverse stuff, it's good storytelling. And if they stick the landing, it could be even more epic than the Infinity Saga.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
:what:The TVA don't prune anybody anymore. Did you miss the part where they literally showed the young kang's timeline still up and running after Loki's actions? If they were his timeline would be deleted.
Timely isn‘t HWR or Kang. You really weren’t paying attention.

He didn’t get the book. Were you not watching? It’s just a kid.

Timely already showed 1000 times “you don’t know my heart”. He is a good variant.

Secondly, Kang is still a villain. And just like in Quantumania, just because a timeline has a Kang, doesn’t mean a Cap, X-Men, FF on that timeline won’t just kick his ass just because. TVA doesn’t have to always step in.

What exactly do you think they are going to do with the Kangs? Put them in a jail cell together? they aren’t pruning timelines. They will still kill Kang. He’s a threat across multiverse. Not just a villain of the week.

cole phelps

Superstar
Daps
A lot of stuff makes more sense when you rewatch the series.

At first I thought they were just flying by the seat of their pants with Loki like they've obviously been doing with the other Marvel content, but nah. They had this whole thing planned out in advance, both seasons. They're so interconnected.

One thing that's making more sense to me is that the Sacred Timeline is just the timeline that HWR wanted. It could have been any timeline that he chose. But he chose his own timeline and destroyed everything else. But that doesn't mean that this timeline is any more the true timeline than any other timeline.

It's like the old saying, "he who wins the war writes the history".

HWR won so history was what he said it was.

But I believe that at the end of this whole multiverse thing, a new timeline is going to be chosen to the MAIN timeline, and it's going to be a timeline where the entire Marvel universe exists: Mutants, FF4, Doom and everything else we've wanted to see.

The current sacred timeline is actually the wrong timeline, much how in the Flash tv show, the timeline there is the wrong timeline because of Thawne going back in time and messing everything up. (Flash got his powers earlier than he was supposed to get them, etc etc)

The same is happening in the Marvel universe.

This is some high level writing when you really think about it. If you block out everything that's happened in Marvel Phase 4 and just focus on the multiverse stuff, it's good storytelling. And if they stick the landing, it could be even more epic than the Infinity Saga.
Long video but avengers Kang dynasty movie might be an adaptation of avengers forever (or at least have a similar premise)

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
Timely isn‘t HWR or Kang. You really weren’t paying attention.

He didn’t get the book. Were you not watching? It’s just a kid.

Timely already showed 1000 times “you don’t know my heart”. He is a good variant.

Secondly, Kang is still a villain. And just like in Quantumania, just because a timeline has a Kang, doesn’t mean a Cap, X-Men, FF on that timeline won’t just kick his ass just because. TVA doesn’t have to always step in.

What exactly do you think they are going to do with the Kangs? Put them in a jail cell together? they aren’t pruning timelines. They will still kill Kang. He’s a threat across multiverse. Not just a villain of the week.
TVA isn't pruning timelines anymore but they are probably pruning problematic Kangs. And if that's the case then they are getting sent to The Void with a whole bunch of Loki's, Prime Renslayer, Frog Thor and Alioth. That sounds like a recipe for multiversal disaster.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
TVA isn't pruning timelines anymore but they are probably pruning problematic Kangs. And if that's the case then they are getting sent to The Void with a whole bunch of Loki's, Prime Renslayer, Frog Thor and Alioth. That sounds like a recipe for multiversal disaster.
Well we’ve only seen Alioth spare one variant HWR and Kang couldn’t even fix his own machine to get out of the Quantum Realm.

The Tempad is the only thing we’ve seen be able to get back from the void and the TVA has all of them.

Renslayer is probably just dead unless the actress wants to come back.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
Well we’ve only seen Alioth spare one variant HWR and Kang couldn’t even fix his own machine to get out of the Quantum Realm.

The Tempad is the only thing we’ve seen be able to get back from the void and the TVA has all of them.

Renslayer is probably just dead unless the actress wants to come back.
Alioth didn't spare HWR. HWR found and tamed Alioth as a temporal weapon of mass destruction.

QR Kang shyt the bed. :mjlol:

Alioth took Loki and Sylvie to HWR and could probably take anyone in the void to God Loki? :lupe:

Renslayer is too hot to die in the void. She should go to the 616, join SHIELD and get a nice, tight suit to prance around it.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Alioth didn't spare HWR. HWR found and tamed Alioth as a temporal weapon of mass destruction.

Alioth took Loki and Sylvie to HWR and could probably take anyone in the void to God Loki? :lupe:

Renslayer is too hot to die in the void. She should go to the 616, join SHIELD and get a nice, tight suit to prance around it.
They should say Renslayer was a Kang Variant this entire time and just have her do all the Kang parts from here on out. lol

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA

He used Alioth to end the war, ie it‘s programmed to kill all the other Kangs. So anyone of them that’s pruned is toast.

He didn’t take them. They enchanted it. So the fact all those other Lokis down there haven’t done it means it’s probably not going to be done again since they constantly back stab each other.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina

“That report was crazy. I’ll just say that,” Loki executive producer Kevin Wright tells TVLine with a laugh. “That just shows you, I don’t know what people are talking about.”

Wright also insists, with a firm “no,” that there was no footage intentionally left on the cutting room floor as a result of Majors’ current brouhaha. Rather, “the story that is on screen is the one that we set out to make,” he says, adding that he and Loki’s other creatives had no plans to set up a bigger MCU arc.

“Our VFX is awesome, it’s so good in this episode. You can’t do that if you’re not locking that stuff in months in advance,” Wright explains. “That final sequence was eight months in the making — just in post-production, not talking about shooting. We never really had any consideration for the larger Marvel universe, and that is why these two seasons were good. We built our own corner of the sandbox, we told our own story. People got excited about that and went, ‘Oh, Kang!’ and started building on top of that. But to us, we were the keepers of nearly 12 hours of that storytelling, and we wanted that to come to a close.”

As for the lack of end credits scenes — which have become a staple of Marvel’s shows and films, often teasing at least one future MCU project — Wright says they “would have just taken away” from Loki’s finale.

“We didn’t write any [post-credits scenes], and we certainly didn’t shoot any,” he continues. “A lot of people want these things to feel like contained stories. I know some people like the bigger interconnectedness. I think that’s also sometimes becoming a hindrance to some of our stories. For us, it was story closed, that was it.”