Official Loki Thread

Daps

“That report was crazy. I’ll just say that,” Loki executive producer Kevin Wright tells TVLine with a laugh. “That just shows you, I don’t know what people are talking about.”

Wright also insists, with a firm “no,” that there was no footage intentionally left on the cutting room floor as a result of Majors’ current brouhaha. Rather, “the story that is on screen is the one that we set out to make,” he says, adding that he and Loki’s other creatives had no plans to set up a bigger MCU arc.

“Our VFX is awesome, it’s so good in this episode. You can’t do that if you’re not locking that stuff in months in advance,” Wright explains. “That final sequence was eight months in the making — just in post-production, not talking about shooting. We never really had any consideration for the larger Marvel universe, and that is why these two seasons were good. We built our own corner of the sandbox, we told our own story. People got excited about that and went, ‘Oh, Kang!’ and started building on top of that. But to us, we were the keepers of nearly 12 hours of that storytelling, and we wanted that to come to a close.”

As for the lack of end credits scenes — which have become a staple of Marvel’s shows and films, often teasing at least one future MCU project — Wright says they “would have just taken away” from Loki’s finale.

“We didn’t write any [post-credits scenes], and we certainly didn’t shoot any,” he continues. “A lot of people want these things to feel like contained stories. I know some people like the bigger interconnectedness. I think that’s also sometimes becoming a hindrance to some of our stories. For us, it was story closed, that was it.”

Nxgga lying through his rotten teeth!! :laff:

Got the actual dude that's playing Kang in the show while talking about "we're telling our own story, has nothing to do with Kang :troll: "

:laff:

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

“That report was crazy. I’ll just say that,” Loki executive producer Kevin Wright tells TVLine with a laugh. “That just shows you, I don’t know what people are talking about.”

Wright also insists, with a firm “no,” that there was no footage intentionally left on the cutting room floor as a result of Majors’ current brouhaha. Rather, “the story that is on screen is the one that we set out to make,” he says, adding that he and Loki’s other creatives had no plans to set up a bigger MCU arc.

“Our VFX is awesome, it’s so good in this episode. You can’t do that if you’re not locking that stuff in months in advance,” Wright explains. “That final sequence was eight months in the making — just in post-production, not talking about shooting. We never really had any consideration for the larger Marvel universe, and that is why these two seasons were good. We built our own corner of the sandbox, we told our own story. People got excited about that and went, ‘Oh, Kang!’ and started building on top of that. But to us, we were the keepers of nearly 12 hours of that storytelling, and we wanted that to come to a close.”

As for the lack of end credits scenes — which have become a staple of Marvel’s shows and films, often teasing at least one future MCU project — Wright says they “would have just taken away” from Loki’s finale.

“We didn’t write any [post-credits scenes], and we certainly didn’t shoot any,” he continues. “A lot of people want these things to feel like contained stories. I know some people like the bigger interconnectedness. I think that’s also sometimes becoming a hindrance to some of our stories. For us, it was story closed, that was it.”

1. THESE MUTHAfukkA ARE CLEARLY LYING...

2. GUESS THATS THE END OF KANG.

LIKE I SAID EARLIER...
WHEN S1 ENDED AND WHEN ANT MAN ENDED
IT WAS "OH shyt KANG IS COMING"

WHEN SEASON 2 ENDED
nikkaS WERE RETIRING
AND GOING ON VACATION.
:devil:
:evil:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The romance in season 1 was more one-sided. I liked that they just accepted it wasn’t really working and just left it at they cared about each other.
More importantly, a bunch of Loki fans who have spent years championing a Loki/Sylvie romance in the MCU got disappointed by a seasonal arc that didn't really feed into that story angle. While speaking with ComicBook.com, Loki executive producer Kevin Wright broke down why, exactly, the show chose to treat Loki and Sylvie's relationship differently in Season 2:

"I think ultimately the stakes were so high. It's hard to slow down and have smoochie-smooch romantic time together, but everything that's happening is because they do deeply care about each other," Wright explained. "
Glad they didn't try to write that component into the season's story.