Official Loki Thread

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Finished Binging

Liked it

The alligator thing was typical Disney corniness but liked it overall, esp the ending.

They really gotta work on having better villains in their series and movies. With comic movies, the best ones usually have great villains in them.

Right now I got it around the level of FATWS, both good and better than Karenvision.

Hopefully they don't drag Kang out

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Majors was probably poorly directed or this version will be trumped by Kang* in the second season and Antman movie. I get the whole lonely = crazy/eccentric bit, but it takes a superb actor with some proper direction to pull it off without it looking like a circus of acting. While not everyone can be Nicholson or Benecio del Toro, Majors has exceptional talent....it just doesn't show here. It was a very sophomoric performance. Basically the same way I felt about RDJ in Ironman films, take him away from a bad director, and he's stellar.
I got the same feeling at a certain point where you could tell he was "trying hard" it works out because it was short and he dies but it def felt like it was freestyled and a bit try hard.

Like I said it worked and I liked the portrayal but It didn't really come of "natural" and you can tell he was trying to land a persona.

all in all it was very good and I wouldn't change it.

KillbertArenas

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
PG - Maryland
I got the same feeling at a certain point where you could tell he was "trying hard" it works out because it was short and he dies but it def felt like it was freestyled and a bit try hard.

Like I said it worked and I liked the portrayal but It didn't really come of "natural" and you can tell he was trying to land a persona.

https://screenrant.com/loki-finale-jonathan-majors-improvised-scene-details/amp/

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
170892161_10222267219762509_6012460324781000672_n.jpg

218858127_10222266800312023_6576147389654423000_n.jpg

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Also, it was a calculated move by Marvel to showcase the superior acting range of the black man they selected to be Kang.

They literally gave him "the floor" this entire episode and he killed it.

At this point, if you dont like Majors as Kang, you're just flat out racist

I remember getting cabin fever after I took off from work and stayed in my apartment for a week.

I would've went crazy being alone for eons. We'd all be batsh*t crazy at that point.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys

Majors is no slouch, that's what made it seem poorly directed. Could also point to Marvel forever trying to be funny with quips and ill-timed humor. As soon as I saw him with the apple, I knew it was going to be hokey and just too forced. There have been worse (Nic Cage in Face/Off), and there have been perfect examples of how its done (Oldman - Fifth Element), but this just feels a bit too zany. I never felt the dangerous gravitas that other performances bring to the zaniness. I wouldn't change it either, since we're getting The emperor Kang angle in season 2, which means Majors delivering his true villain role.