Official Kyler Murray Black Excellence thread: Year 5; A New Hope

Will Kyler Murray represent the race proudly?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

...o3

...eye see messages in music
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
dallas, tx
Madden going to be on fleek this year with Murray :blessed:

:adebisijordan::adebisijordan::adebisijordan:...EA like, "kyler murray's player model...............check"

madden-nfl-15-ea-tiny-titan-trailer-640x330.jpg

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

Kyler Murray

I wrote on Kyler Murray’s evaluation a month or so ago at SB Nation but have just a few thoughts to add.

-Murray’s leaked wonderlic score (20) is definitely concerning but it’s not really shocking. He’s not a very strong traditional pocket passer because he doesn’t read defenses well enough and he gets jittery when he doesn’t have an escape hatch to get into space and buy time or threaten defenses with the scramble.

But that’s not a disqualifier, just don’t put him in an offense built around standing in the pocket. He needs to be in a system that puts him on the move, involves edge keepers in the option, and emphasizes play-action. If you can stay upright long enough, all coverage becomes man coverage and then Murray’s accuracy and arm strength become truly terrifying.

-Kingsbury, the blessed, notably hired the OL coach that helped build the Steelers’ run game for LeVeon Bell. He’s always been really good at building his offenses around the skills of his QB and I think he has a plan in place here. They’ll try to build an offense similar to Oklahoma’s, that can run the ball from spread sets with Murray boosting the rushing attack with his legs and then fling vertical option routes down the field every fourth play.

-The size doesn’t really worry me unless someone is asking him to execute from the pocket regularly. If he has any space at all it’s nearly impossible to even touch him, much less smash him into the turf. He’s also reasonably thick and strong and on the few occasions that anyone hit him in college while he clearly didn’t like it, he also didn’t seem too fazed. I’d run him around regularly and let him use his legs and space, his smaller frame won’t matter unless he’s getting 250+ pound mean people jumping on him from behind.

:ehh: I read his SB Nation piece last month on Kyler Murray & the 2018 OU offense. Good to see Kyler get drafted by a team whose gonna build around his skill set. Andy Reid did the same thing for Patrick Mahomes.

EDIT:

Here's a good video:

Last edited: