Official Kyler Murray Black Excellence thread: Year 5; A New Hope

Will Kyler Murray represent the race proudly?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Kyler set himself up for failure with those comments. I think he was trying to make himself sound smart but came off clownish. Especially with how the season ended. All those bogus Keim picks caught up with the team. All those traded for old vets not named Hopkins was to put a bandaid over it.
I dont think anyone in the NFL ever benefitted from bragging about not watching film tbh

Hypris

Superstar
Daps
I'm not going to bury Kyler for struggling in his first playoff game, but he knows he has to be better. It's not all on him though. These Kingsbury Cardinals disappoint me more than other Cardinals teams in previous years. They lift your hopes up with a strong 1st half of the season and completely fall apart in the 2nd half every year.

It should motivate them watching the division rivals get to the NFC championship game.

Last edited:

Hypris

Superstar
Daps

Bidwill didn't deny the report that they had a heated meeting

Michael Bidwill: We've had lots of internal discussions about improving the team

Cardinals owner Michael Bidwill on Monday attended a news conference held by the Arizona Super Bowl Host Committee, so, obviously, he talked about the state’s plans for hosting next year’s game.

Just as obviously, he was asked about his football team and reports last week that he had a “tense” meeting with General Manager Steve Keim and Coach Kliff Kingsbury two days after the team was blown out by the Rams in the first round of the playoffs.

We’re not going to talk about internal things,” he said, “but I’ve had lots of internal discussions that I think have been productive and will improve the team.

Bidwill didn’t reveal details but said he was disappointed in how the season ended.

“Disappointing for everybody,” he said. “For our players, for our coaches, certainly for our fans and certainly as a fan myself, it was very disappointing. We have high expectations. We need to play better.

“We had a lot of great success in 2021. I don’t want to take away from that, but we can get better and that’s what we’re working on now.”

Two of the Cardinals' NFC West opponents, the Rams and 49ers, will meet Sunday in the NFC title game. The Cardinals beat the 49ers twice this season, split the two regular-season matchups against the Rams, then lost to them 34-11 in the playoffs last Monday night.

Anytime you see your direct competitors in the playoffs, it should bother any football fan,” Bidwill said, “and it certainly bothers this one.”

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
But the question is what is he going to do about it?? Good franchises outright fire coaches who has done this. Look at the Ravens and how they fired their DC. The last month or so was unacceptable

Hypris

Superstar
Daps
But the question is what is he going to do about it?? Good franchises outright fire coaches who has done this. Look at the Ravens and how they fired their DC. The last month or so was unacceptable

Bidwill is obviously pissed. So far he's just lashing out at the staff instead of making any real changes.

Hypris

Superstar
Daps
He’s taking orders from his agent…Chan and PP21 did the same thing

That's probably true. I remember Peterson being pissed he didn't get an extension a couple years ago and was deleting all of his Cardinals stuff. If the same is true for Kyler, he has to prove he's worth top QB money. Unfollowing the Cardinals on social media won't get him paid.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
That's probably true. I remember Peterson being pissed he didn't get an extension a couple years ago and was deleting all of his Cardinals stuff. If the same is true for Kyler, he has to prove he's worth top QB money. Unfollowing the Cardinals on social media won't get him paid.
Was just in Vegas with his agent

You gotta look at it from Kyler's POV though. Sure he has to get better. So does Keim. He passed up on players that could have closed the gap between them and the Rams. Look at Baker and Lamar going into year 4 without contracts. Both got hurt, teams were a mess and lost some leverage on negotiations. I actually think Lamar got better as well, but it doesnt matter cause the team fell apart.

Hypris

Superstar
Daps
He getting his Ben Simmons on huh?

I hope it doesn't get that bad. It was an ugly loss against the Rams but Kyler shouldn't be melting down like this. The loss should motivate him to get better.