Official Kyler Murray Black Excellence thread: Year 5; A New Hope

Will Kyler Murray represent the race proudly?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hypris

Superstar
Daps
The Secondary is the biggest surprise this year. Patrick Peterson was gone, Malcom Butler signed then changed his mind. The team was left with their homegrown young guys but they've played beyond expectations.

Byron Murphy has stepped up as a #1 corner. Marco Wilson has earned his playing time in his rookie year. Budda Baker continues to be one of the leaders of the defense. Jalen Thompson has become a really good safety too. Budda is the oldest at 25. The rest are 22/23 years old.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
The Secondary is the biggest surprise this year. Patrick Peterson was gone, Malcom Butler signed then changed his mind. The team was left with their homegrown young guys but they've played beyond expectations.

Byron Murphy has stepped up as a #1 corner. Marco Wilson has earned his playing time in his rookie year. Budda Baker continues to be one of the leaders of the defense. Jalen Thompson has become a really good safety too. Budda is the oldest at 25. The rest are 22/23 years old.
The only thing is I gotta see them against a great QB with weapons.

Stafford isnt really great. Rodgers didnt have his wrs.

Gotta beat Rodgers and/or Brady.

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO

I agree, the secondary has been a real surprise this year. Murphy has stepped up with the the departure of both PP and Butler. Thompson is a hard-hitting safety with range. KEIM has hit on Wilson, you can thank his shoe throw for his drop. Alford provides veteran leadership. The development from the coaching staff has got to have credit for this squad being as good as they are.

With rumors of Watts coming back for the playoffs and maybe at the Dallas game, a pass rush will only help them get better. We’ve seen them shut down the likes of Kupp, the best receiver in the league this year.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I'm only a lil shocked about the secondary.I've been saying Patrick Peterson was one of the most overrated players in the NFL since 2017.Especially since 2019.I knew replacing him with a decent corner would be an upgrade.I just didn't know Marco Wilson & Byron Murphy would step up like they have.Marco looks solid for a rookie, but Byron made one helluva jump this year.That guy just all of a sudden became a cotdamn ballhawk.I see shades of a young Aeneas Williams.He's playing at a Pro Bowl or even All Pro level right now.Top 5-10 cb in the league imo.I don't miss Patrick at all.In fact, I'm :ahh: about him being off the team.

Benjamin Sisko

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Thread got real quiet when the Cards started winning all of a sudden :sas2:

• Dap
Reactions: NZA

Hypris

Superstar
Daps

Hicks is having a good year. It's probably a good thing for Zaven Collins to learn from Hicks this year instead of being thrown into the fire on a contender. Zaven was drafted to be his replacement so his time will come. Hicks will be 30 next year with an expiring contract. Zaven's situation is similar to Isaiah Simmons rookie year. It took Isaiah a year to learn his role and become the player he was drafted to be.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Stats can be misleading.I don't really buy into what the numbers say.Hicks is mediocre in run support & terrible in coverage.LB is a position you have to evaluate with a keen eye.It's one of those positions that can put up a bunch of fluff stats.I remember when the Cards had a ILB by the name of Ronald Mckinnon.Used to put up eye popping stats, but if you actually watched the games, you'd quickly find out he was pretty damn average in reality.Jordan Hicks makes lots of tackles, but he's always a step behind.He's a big reason why the run defense is shytty.I hope his stats get him paid by another team next year.He's strictly patchwork.The Cardinals planned to cut him for a reason.Most overrated defensive player on the team imo.

Hypris

Superstar
Daps

He barely got hurt with the Texans. For some reason he's struggling to get healthy this year.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW

He barely got hurt with the Texans. For some reason he's struggling to get healthy this year.

All them contested jump balls catching up with him. I don't really like how Kyler throws the ball "at" D hop and not "to" D-hop. Just way to much of D-hop jumping over nikkas or catching the ball with two dudes draped on him. shyt adds up.

I saw the same thing with Dez when Dak got to Dallas. Romo used to could hit Dez in stride or open across the middle. Dak was always throwing him offensive rebound type passes where he trying to box out a corner and safety for the ball. Next the you know he had a fracture in his leg. Next thing you know he wasn't the same player. Next thing you know he was out the league. I'd hate to see D-hop go out the same way.

Hypris

Superstar
Daps

First JJ Watt is out for the season and now Hopkins. :francis:

I wouldn't mind Larry Fitzgerald coming back for 1 more run. He knows the system and never officially retired.

Benjamin Sisko

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO

First JJ Watt is out for the season and now Hopkins. :francis:

I wouldn't mind Larry Fitzgerald coming back for 1 more run. He knows the system and never officially retired.

Please no Larry, Wesley has been filling in for Hop and he’s better then Larry, especially on the outside. And Hop will be back for the playoffs