Official Kyler Murray Black Excellence thread: Year 5; A New Hope

Will Kyler Murray represent the race proudly?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hypris

Superstar
Daps
I didn't expect the Cardinals defense to be so impressive this year. Isaiah Simmons is developing into the player he was drafted to be. Jordan Hicks is back to being a quality starter after it looked like he was done last year. Murphy has turned into a number 1 corner.

Daps
Reppin
Denver
I didn't expect the Cardinals defense to be so impressive this year. Isaiah Simmons is developing into the player he was drafted to be. Jordan Hicks is back to being a quality starter after it looked like he was done last year. Murphy has turned into a number 1 corner.
Byron Murphy reminds me of ronde barber. #1 corner that plays best in the slot, and just makes plays all over the field.

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
fukk you @Bryan Danielson

200.gif

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jordan makes one good play followed by 5 horrible plays.Has the brains to diagnose plays, but lacks the athleticism to really snuff them out.He had 3 horrible missed tackles this game & he's food in coverage.He's like a bandaid from the 99 cent store.I honestly think he's the weak link of the defense.The Cards need Zaven Collins to develop and take over that ILB spot in the worst way.I can definitely see why Keim was ready to move on from Hicks.He'd probably make for a good backup at best.

Hypris

Superstar
Daps
Jordan makes one good play followed by 5 horrible plays.Has the brains to diagnose plays, but lacks the athleticism to really snuff them out.He had 3 horrible missed tackles this game & he's food in coverage.He's like a bandaid from the 99 cent store.I honestly think he's the weak link of the defense.The Cards need Zaven Collins to develop and take over that ILB spot in the worst way.I can definitely see why Keim was ready to move on from Hicks.He'd probably make for a good backup at best.

It took Simmons a year to be ready. Collins may need some time too. Hicks was supposed to be traded in the summer, but he was so impressive in camp that he kept his starting job and got most of the snaps over Collins. Hicks stepping up earlier in the season has allowed Collins to learn slowly without being thrown into the fire like Simmons last year. Collins will have his time eventually.