Official 'JUSTICE LEAGUE' Thread

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
He's Michael Bay's lacrosse-playing younger brother

Basically. And that works for some people and some films and doesn't work for others. In an issue of Empire where they did their batman v superman cover story, someone on set said the way he handles disputes or creative disageeements is by having a push up contest. That tells you all you need to know about the man lol

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To me, and obviously this is just my opinion, but I feel like he gets crap because he's never really interested in the intelligence of a film or a character and more engaged with the brute force of it. Which is clearly a choice and it works for some and doesn't work for others. He's your frat brother who became a director and he's still pulling pranks and conducting panty raids lol.
He's Michael Bay's lacrosse-playing younger brother
I think that's an unfair assessment. He just seems to have some issue expressing himself in interviews as he rambles and goes in 1000 different directions without sometimes even answering the question . He loves comics and seems to take them seriously though . Also his crews seem to love him while bay :francis::usure:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Basically. And that works for some people and some films and doesn't work for others. In an issue of Empire where they did their batman v superman cover story, someone on set said the way he handles disputes or creative disageeements is by having a push up contest. That tells you all you need to know about the man lol
That's the image the media wants to portray and they seem to hate him like he's bay but everyone says he's a nice sweet guy but a guy like David O. Russell is a renowned jackass and that's mostly ignored since they like his movies

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I think that's an unfair assessment. He just seems to have some issue expressing himself in interviews as he rambles and goes in 1000 different directions without sometimes even answering the question . He loves comics and seems to take them seriously though . Also his crews seem to love him while bay :francis::usure:

It's not unfair in the sense of what he values in his films though. I don't think Bay is necessarily a bad filmmaker. The man knows how to create spectacle like none other. His characters suck but no one can front on how he constructs a scene or makes logical action scenes. Dialogue and nuance aren't his strengths. I'd say Snyder is closer to that than to someone who can pull off both nuance, great dialogue, and make the character scenes as dope as his action scenes. That's not to say he's not a bright dude because I can't imagine he can do what he does behind the camera and be dumb, but he's never been a guy who's focus starts with the emotion of the character or the arc or the scene and when he does focus on that stuff, the results are mixed. Everyone has their strengths. Action scenes are most certainly his strength. And set design and costuming and also making sure the music is right.

Some filmmakers want to appeal to your brain, some to your heart, some to your gut. Snyder is definitely a gut guy. And when you've got a bunch of film students reviewing your movies, sometimes the gut thing doesn't work for them. Unless its horror, which is probably why his Dawn of the Dead remake is his best critically reviewed flick

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
That's the image the media wants to portray and they seem to hate him like he's bay but everyone says he's a nice sweet guy but a guy like David O. Russell is a renowned jackass and that's mostly ignored since they like his movies

That's not something to hate though. The guy wants to do pushups to solve an issue. In that same article it detailed how hard he works and how he's the first one on set and the last one to leave and how his crews love working for him and his actors love working for him. They weren't dissing the man, they were just using the anecdote to explain his mindset when it comes to film and where he's coming from.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's not something to hate though. The guy wants to do pushups to solve an issue. In that same article it detailed how hard he works and how he's the first one on set and the last one to leave and how his crews love working for him and his actors love working for him. They weren't dissing the man, they were just using the anecdote to explain his mindset when it comes to film and where he's coming from.
Ok I thought it was a different one . I read one where it was pretty much a see he sucks and is tone deaf etc
It's not unfair in the sense of what he values in his films though. I don't think Bay is necessarily a bad filmmaker. The man knows how to create spectacle like none other. His characters suck but no one can front on how he constructs a scene or makes logical action scenes. Dialogue and nuance aren't his strengths. I'd say Snyder is closer to that than to someone who can pull off both nuance, great dialogue, and make the character scenes as dope as his action scenes. That's not to say he's not a bright dude because I can't imagine he can do what he does behind the camera and be dumb, but he's never been a guy who's focus starts with the emotion of the character or the arc or the scene and when he does focus on that stuff, the results are mixed. Everyone has their strengths. Action scenes are most certainly his strength. And set design and costuming and also making sure the music is right.

Some filmmakers want to appeal to your brain, some to your heart, some to your gut. Snyder is definitely a gut guy. And when you've got a bunch of film students reviewing your movies, sometimes the gut thing doesn't work for them. Unless its horror, which is probably why his Dawn of the Dead remake is his best critically reviewed flick
after seeing watchmen I think he does want to appeal to your heart but he just wants to do it visually . i just thInk listening to his commentary he is (or tries ) to be deeper than people think

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
So one guy made a comment about the Batsuit and of course DC stans immediately start complaining about Marvel stans like everyone just agrees with that guy. It must be really nice to just bunch up everyone who ever disagrees with you on anything in a mythical union of haters.

:francis:

The second, third and fourth Transformers movies disagree.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
So one guy made a comment about the Batsuit and of course DC stans immediately start complaining about Marvel stans like everyone just agrees with that guy. It must be really nice to just bunch up everyone who ever disagrees with you on anything in a mythical union of haters.

:francis:

The second, third and fourth Transformers movies disagree.

Not the third. The entire third act is one dope action scene

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Ok I thought it was a different one . I read one where it was pretty much a see he sucks and is tone deaf etc

after seeing watchmen I think he does want to appeal to your heart but he just wants to do it visually . i just thInk listening to his commentary he is (or tries ) to be deeper than people think

I'm sure he does because there's stuff in watchmen that says so but I don't think he can execute as well as he wants.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Deathstroke and Lex

Ctioww6WcAAYbpG.jpg:large