Official 'JUSTICE LEAGUE' Thread

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
Sorry but thecoli officially declared this a flop. No amount of money can save it:troll:

Box Office: 'Justice League' Climbs To $481M Worldwide

At a glance, if Justice League continues to play somewhere between Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part I and Hunger Games: Catching Fire, the film may just flirt with $250 million domestic, or about what Tim Burton’s Batman earned back in 1989. It’s clearly holding better than a Twilight sequel, so $225m now seems like the floor. It’s clearly pulling a larger percentage of its global box office overseas compared to The Dark Knight or Wonder Woman, so the absolute doomsday scenario isn’t quite coming to pass and the film could still snag a $650m+ global total.

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps

At a glance, if Justice League continues to play somewhere between Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part I and Hunger Games: Catching Fire, the film may just flirt with $250 million domestic, or about what Tim Burton’s Batman earned back in 1989. It’s clearly holding better than a Twilight sequel, so $225m now seems like the floor. It’s clearly pulling a larger percentage of its global box office overseas compared to The Dark Knight or Wonder Woman, so the absolute doomsday scenario isn’t quite coming to pass and the film could still snag a $650m+ global total.

Overreaction it would seem.

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box

Thought critics said the film was a flop and the DCEU is over :mjlol:

said it was gonna make a 100mil loss :mjlol:

needs to make 750mil to break even :mjlol:

critics are comedians when it comes to DCEU analytics

#SnyderSet , movie gonna finish around 700-800 mil. DCEU is gonna be fine.

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Was BvS and JL part of the plan when MoS was under development? The focused seemed all over the place after MOS.

It's crazy to me how Harry Potter can transition seemlessly to the big screen, yet DC characters having all these complications. DC has clear source material, the fukk WB meddling so much for? There would've been riots had they fukked with Harry Potter as much as they did BvS and JL.

Speaking of Harry Potter, with how beautifully Voldemort was built up, how has his blueprint not been replicated?
No. MoS was created as a standalone Superman film. They decided years after its release that it was going to be their cinematic universe starter when they announced BvS.

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think the Green Lantern was the startup but apparently it stunk up the place and they thought nah.

And yeah the startup was spontaneous with Zack discussing having a post credit scene in MOS where Bruce Wayne gets delivered kryptonite they didn't go for it.

With the success of MOS and Marvel and their universe building, WB called him up and said why don't you make the sequel to Superman and have Batman starring in it.

Thus the horrible movie BVS came to exist and ultimately killed of any potential.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic: $171,546,643 35.6%
+ Foreign: $309,800,000 64.4%
= Worldwide: $481,346,643

I had a feeling this would happen with a lower opening. It had a nice hold over the holiday weekend. It's going to make more than 650 Global with that hold this weekend. "Coco" definitely had the family audiences so for JL to pull off that hold is pretty good.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Despite all the trials this film is facing it's heading to 500 mill after barely being out a week. Not bad:ehh:

If it makes over 800 million, then it is not a failure. All they have to do is drop Aquaman and Flashpoint to correct the mistakes, and the DCEU will be in great shape.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Chris Evans would've made a great Barry Allen. Just make the Blonde more golden...

I gotta do my own fancast. Maybe someone should make a fancast thread for CBMs in general. Even movies that haven't been thought of yet.

Barry Allen - Chris Evans
Wonder Woman - Jaimie Alexander
Is that you campea? :mjlol:

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
If it makes over 800 million, then it is not a failure. All they have to do is drop Aquaman and Flashpoint to correct the mistakes, and the DCEU will be in great shape.
I think they said it needs to make 700 million or so to break even/make money. That's just rumours though.

But who knows except wb. End of the days it's just noise and all we and others can do is speculate. Besides the fact they eat off all the merchandising and toys and shyt.

End of the day I'm fairly certain wb was just holding their noses hoping to just get by this film so they can fully enter the Johns era of dc going forward.

I'm curious how long before we hear any news of any possible shake ups like Affleck leaving etc. Seems like Ben has been going back and forth and wb just wants him to decide already.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
No. MoS was created as a standalone Superman film. They decided years after its release that it was going to be their cinematic universe starter when they announced BvS.
This isn't true. It wasn't years after.

Man of steel came out 2013.

Batman V Superman was announced in 2013.

Jason Momoa said he's known he was going to be aquaman since around that time.

While Man Of Steel was conceived as it's own film snyder had even planted the seeds of the universe in that film as you can see the wayne enterprises symbols and lexcorp symbols used in bvs etc. Also said aquaman saved Clark in man of steel during the whale scene.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I think the Green Lantern was the startup but apparently it stunk up the place and they thought nah.

And yeah the startup was spontaneous with Zack discussing having a post credit scene in MOS where Bruce Wayne gets delivered kryptonite they didn't go for it.

With the success of MOS and Marvel and their universe building, WB called him up and said why don't you make the sequel to Superman and have Batman starring in it.

Thus the horrible movie BVS came to exist and ultimately killed of any potential.
This isn't true either,snyder has said it was his idea to have batman in the film.

Snyder was the architect of the universe from the beginning

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Seen it twice now, it's funny how Cyborg was getting so much shyt before the movie yet I sense that he's actually the only character people don't bytch about now.

The movie succeeded in introducing and setting up the sidecharacters going forward. WB/Whedon touching it fukked it up. Also feel like this should've been a summer movie, August at least. WB is 0-3 now in thinking they know better than the OG director (BvS theatrical, SS, JL).

MoS
BvS ultimate
Wonder Woman
BvS theatrical
JL
Suicide Squad (has the opposite of JL, the movie is all character - the rest is trash).