Official 'JUSTICE LEAGUE' Thread

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
Walking out now, I loved it. Yeah I wish the story was a bit better but I like this Barry over tv Barry. Idk maybe cause I love Ezra Miller and his Flash was more awkward in a relatable way than on the show. I wish Cyborg wasn’t so one dimensional... but i loved how they had Superman & flash compete to see who was really the fastest. And to top it off Cyborg said a subtle Boo-ya. Lol, I’m just way more used to the Teen titans Go Cyborg, I just wanted more. But of course I’m not gonna get that. It was also (and will always be) strange seeing Schillinger as a good guy. If I ever meet JK Simmons I’m more likely to refer to him as such. Obviously I’m of the minority but I’m looking forward to all follow uo projects. Hopefully all without Affleck.

SLADE??!?!?? That means it’s gonnna be a Teen Titans movie!! I mean Luthor said to Slade that theyre going to need a team of their own... obviously the Hive.
51d06ce08afcc7c6c5a02570a4877a77d2f94ab9_hq.gif

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why without Affleck though? Curious.
And this version of Flash I don't know if he is portrayed like that in the comic books but it wasn't the portrayal I was looking forward to.

Hoping more in the lines of the JL TAS.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Why without Affleck though? Curious.
And this version of Flash I don't know if he is portrayed like that in the comic books but it wasn't the portrayal I was looking forward to.

Hoping more in the lines of the JL TAS.

I agree..... even though I like the DCCW Flash better. I'm not saying they should go that direction but wouldve hoped they'd atleast go the cartoon direction.

Though the OG tv show Flash was pretty good too

Martha

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
hated that scene in BvS where Batman crashed his vehicle, Doomsday pounced on him, and he just threw his hands up accepting death right before WW saved him. It was a great scene for WW, but my Batman would've hit eject and got the fukk outta there, pulled something out as a last resort, exercised all options, he always thinks ahead.

did the same dumb shyt in this film right before Aquaman saved him. I understand the team concept, but they keep sacrificing the brilliant aspect of Batman to give his co-stars that cheap assist. got Batfleck looking real :flabbynsick::flabbynsick::flabbynsick:

Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone
So I finally got around to seeing it

And...................

I enjoyed myself.

Loved it about as equally as I loved Thor Ragnarok and Spiderman Homecoming.

I don't understand the critics but then again, I didn't understand why Wonder Woman (liked it...but they overrated it like hell) got so much praise and BVS (underrated as hell and doesn't deserve the hate, simply suffers from bad pacing...it's not Batman & Robin (1997) worst movie ever status as people would have u believe if u took their word for it) was sh1tted on so much.

It might also have something to do with me being basically a fukkin nikka nerd whose obsessed with anything comics, video games, geek culture...etc but the movie is pretty much a Justice League Unlimited episode come to life for me. I can understand how someone not into comic book films (senior citizens, women, people who don't like fascinating things, basically the anti-Comic Con crowd) maybe not enjoying it as much but I'm kinda confused by those who are who also claim it was bad.

There's no such thing as a perfect film, there has never been one that existed in the history of Cinema. So there's that.... All I know is that I walked away with a smile and I truly hope they're allowed to build on this foundation and the films don't get rebooted or cancelled due to box office reasons.

Here's how I rank the DCEU films thus far....best to weakest in terms of personal enjoyment.

1. Man of Steel
2. Justice League
3. Wonder Woman = BvS
4. Suicide Squad

Summary:

I loved it, makes me want to play some Injustice, Arkham Asylum and watch some JLU and Batman TAS to get another quick fix of that good stuff.

:ohlawd:

Last edited:

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
BvS had a less expensive budget and made more money opening weekend though.

The ONLY way JL makes a budge is via after theater sales, like DVD's and streams.

First is was about opening weekend revenue. Now it's all about making a profit even if the gross sales are week. Ol moving the goalposts ass negros :mjpls:

the fukk are you on about ?? dont try that with me yo

All i did was respond to your claims that they'll lose money. fucc you mean moving goalposts. take your click bait BS away from me man. goofy

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Wonder Woman stopping them bank robber cats in the beginning was dope as hell to me.
i liked it.
i liked the team work shyt they had going on. Cyborg gotta lot of playing time in this and it really wasnt as bad as id thought it would be considering all the negativity being put out.
i gave it a 3 stars on Flixster.
they really gel'd together pretty quick too and imo didnt even seem forced like that.
them lil jabs between Bruce and Aquman. Superman hittin Flash with that "Slow Poke!"
shyt was cool!

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
So aquaman got a swag of a surfer dude from Hawaii.

Batman got them corny jokes off but Superman set him straight when they met up.

My takeaway from the movie is that they played it way too safe. Nothing was daring the mood didn't feel like they were ever in trouble. Only batman really only had any issues. Everyone else basically stood their own ground.

Movie was cheesy at best and I think it literally was just to show all the main D.C. Guys on the screen at the same type. I'm sad there are no cameos from GL or MH tho.

Nymbus

Great Value Man™
Supporter
Daps
saw it,liked it more than Homecoming,about even with Thor. Flash would have been the favorite if they fixed his running:dahell:
Wonder Woman and him still got next as far as characters I want to see more of.
I'm surprised Bats had almost the least swag here:flabbynsick: Even:cape: done came up:leon:
Glad they kept the team small too, I don't know how an expanded roster will effect their chemistry and balance going forward

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Make money.... lose money..... while all of us just fans outside the industry...

Heres what the experts are saying

Justice League Losses Could Be Up to $50-100 Million

Rather than heralding a new Age of Heroes for Warner Bros., it looks like Justice League has only brought doom to the studio’s bank accounts. The superhero ensemble is projected to lose Warner Bros. up to $50-100 million, based on estimates of the Justice League’s costly production and marketing budget, and its meager box office performance on opening weekend.

Justice League was meant to be a turning point for DC’s cinematic universe after it stumbled right out the gate with the modestly received Man of Steel and the poorly received Batman v Superman, maintaining the momentum of this summer’s critically lauded Wonder Woman. However, last weekend Justice League opened to $94 million at domestic box offices, making it the lowest-grossing opening for a DC Extended Universe movie.

According to a Forbes report, Justice League is on track to lose an estimated $50-100 million for Warner Bros., after taking into account the film’s estimated $300 million production budget and $150 million marketing costs. On opening weekend, Justice League made approximately $94 million in U.S. theaters — falling short of the $110 million estimates — and $185.5 million internationally. But considering the months of reports about the film’s embattled production and the tepid critical response, it’s not all that surprising.

Of course, this is all an estimation by Forbes reporter and film finance consultant/producer. But, the article points out, even if the film made a net profit of $50 million, Justice League would still be the worst-performing comic book movie out of 20 superhero films from the last four years.

That’s because Warner Bros. poured a lot of money and energy into the film’s productions and reshoots — the reshoots were rumored to have cost the studio as much as $25 million alone.
And who knows how much digitally removing Henry Cavill’s Mission: Impossible mustache figured into that.

I recently pondered what Justice League‘s poor box office performance could mean for the future of the DCEU, and this report may be an indicator of more troubled times ahead. Warner Bros. has already warned that the won’t follow through with the ambitious Flashpoint if Justice League doesn’t score well critically and financially, and the DCEU slate is remarkably up-in-the-air after Wonder Woman 2 is scheduled to hit theaters on November 1, 2019. The next DCEU film we get won’t be until Aquaman is released on December 21, 2018. And while Cyborg, Green Lantern Corps., and Flashpoint have all been announced (the first two with actual dates), there’s still a big question mark surrounding directors and cast. Could the DCEU slate look completely different once Aquaman rolls around a whole year from now? We’ll have to wait and see what Warner Bros. will decide.

But no troll:hubie:

Full support

If we all go see this movie 5 more times for each character we can save this film from that loss

COME TOGETHER!!!

Martha