Official 'JUSTICE LEAGUE' Thread

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
When I saw Ben was casted as Batman I knew this shyt was done....reboot with an older actor breh...shyt is going to be Spiderman status with the reboots. :mjlol:

This fakkit playing Flash looks like he's rocking a Power Rangers cosplay costume. :what:

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
One of the best X-Men movies imo, I don't like Deadpool so I don't care that they screwed him up. That was a dope movie, better than most of them.
Bruh, look at this fukking CGI:

hugh-jackman-x-men-origins-wolverine-sucked.gif

:hhh:

LOOK AT DEADPOOL:

x-men-origins-deadpool.jpg

THE MERC WITH A MOUTH CAN'T fukkING TALK BRUH :gucci::gucci::gucci:

There will be no more praise of this abomination of a movie.
Early reactions outline fun as their main headline. What does that even mean?

Yeah, I hope this bombs horribly and Whedon gets out back to Avengers or whatever he does and take Mamoa with him.

It means its..fun bruh. :yeshrug: I'll take "fun" over "bad". Let's wait for how we feel about it ourselves.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
When I saw Ben was casted as Batman I knew this shyt was done....reboot with an older actor breh...shyt is going to be Spiderman status with the reboots. :mjlol:

This fakkit playing Flash looks like he's rocking a Power Rangers cosplay costume. :what:
Ben was fukking great as batman :what:

The warehouse scene from bvs is the best batman scene of all time

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Bruh, look at this fukking CGI:

hugh-jackman-x-men-origins-wolverine-sucked.gif

:hhh:

LOOK AT DEADPOOL:

x-men-origins-deadpool.jpg

THE MERC WITH A MOUTH CAN'T fukkING TALK BRUH :gucci::gucci::gucci:

There will be no more praise of this abomination of a movie.

It means its..fun bruh. :yeshrug: I'll take "fun" over "bad". Let's wait for how we feel about it ourselves.
Breh that's the spyro/big butts/Trubisky rthe goat guy again with another alias.

He will be banned again within a few days.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
I genuinely can't think of a movie I would consider placing in my top 50 (which means about a minimum of 100 that would be in the discussion) where one of the first words I would consider using to describe it would be "fun":ld:Even the ones where if I took the time to think about it I could understand being called that word it would never occur to me to call them that. Take Jurassic Park. Mesmerizing, engrossing, thrilling, wondrous, ground breaking...I could go on. But "fun" doesn't pop in my head like that, even though I obviously enjoyed the experience. When I think "fun" I think amusement park rides, Chuck E Cheese, video games, strip clubs(:steviej:). I don't think creative mediums. I don't even think "fun" for comedies. Literally, children movies are the only ones where I get that word being front and center and even then when I think of the greatest children's movies there are other words I would use first. Seeing that word plastered over reviews for a movie just screams to me that the movie has very little to actually provide. Inevitably I find myself left with little to nothing of significance to go back to when it comes to those movies.

Imma go into JL with an open mind doe:manny:

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I genuinely can't think of a movie I would consider placing in my top 50 (which means about a minimum of 100 that would be in the discussion) where one of the first words I would consider using to describe it would be "fun":ld:Even the ones where if I took the time to think about it I could understand being called that word it would never occur to me to call them that. Take Jurassic Park. Mesmerizing, engrossing, thrilling, wondrous, ground breaking...I could go on. But "fun" doesn't pop in my head like that, even though I obviously enjoyed the experience. When I think "fun" I think amusement park rides, Chuck E Cheese, video games, strip clubs(:steviej:). I don't think creative mediums. I don't even think "fun" for comedies. Literally, children movies are the only ones where I get that word being front and center and even then when I think of the greatest children's movies there are other words I would use first. Seeing that word plastered over reviews for a movie just screams to me that the movie has very little to actually provide. Inevitably I find myself left with little to nothing of significance to go back to when it comes to those movies.

Imma go into JL with an open mind doe:manny:
What I find funny is people that get paid to write for a living have such a limited vocabulary that all they can use is the word fun.

It's called a thesaurus.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Actually you can thank people like you who only want to see the "Marvel formula" and hate risks. :mjlol:

I don’t hate risks being taken, so long as they are done well. It’s not my fault Snyder presented us with trash and tried to pass it off as deep. Or are we all meant to accept and praise it because it was different even though it was shyt.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
What I find funny is people that get paid to write for a living have such a limited vocabulary that all they can use is the word fun.

It's called a thesaurus.
You just paraphrased my rambling perfectly. Like, of all the things you can praise about a movie and all of the words you could use to convey those things, "fun" is all that can come to mind?:patrice:It's like your boy telling you he met the woman of his dreams/future mother of his children, you ask him to describe her and he responds "She's bad:wow:" Cool fam, but is that it?:gucci:

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
You just paraphrased my rambling perfectly. Like, of all the things you can praise about a movie and all of the words you could use to convey those things, "fun" is all that can come to mind?:patrice:It's like your boy telling you he met the woman of his dreams/future mother of his children, you ask him to describe her and he responds "She's bad:wow:" Cool fam, but is that it?:gucci:
That's why I dismiss modern critics.

The days of respected people like ebert are gone.

People like to think I'm against "fun" movies, whatever that means but I'm just mocking how low brow and frankly amateur "critics" have become.

I feel like comic book films are graded on some strange scale where all flaws can be forgiven as long as it's "fun."

The moment I saw "not fun" used as a criticism against bvs I was :gucci:

If you don't like what snyder and goyer did fine,not every movie is for everybody but using a metric that a film isn't trying to aspire to be is the worst kind of critique.

And people joke about "super hero fatigue" but the fastest way to get there is by having all comic book films follow the same formula.

I've long accepted I'm not the average person but I would rather a film swing for the fences and fail then watch a studio bunt out of feat of failing all day.

I've read comics all my life, I don't need the same shyt regurgitated at me like I am a retarded child all day back at me.

But hey,some people like the force awakens :huhldup:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I don't know when this started. Maybe it was a backlash against The Dark Knight trilogy? I don't remember anyone saying The Dark Knight was "fun". I think it started probably with Avengers. I don't even remember the first MCU flicks like Iron Man receiving the "fun" label.

Avengers was the Whedon "every hero is a comedian" stuff that worked... once. I think we all loved Avengers when it dropped. The team coming together on the big screen and the team up stuff and a lot of the humor worked.. it was very light hearted, the villains weren't taken seriously..

But now we are a number of years into the MCU and while they produce some gems like Winter Soldier or even Spider-Man Homecoming was solid because the setting actually called for the humor that was present..

"Fun" to critics means "light hearted, comedy, dumb villain, punch lines"...

We knew Justice League would have some of that because it's a team movie and because of th dynamic between the different characters. The question remains, did Justice League go "Full Whedon" or did they go "30% Whedon".

I could deal with 30% Whedon if the rest is Snyder putting in work with the action and visuals. But if it's even close to half-Whedon, then I'm gonna be :patrice: