Official 'JUSTICE LEAGUE' Thread

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Would Tarantino start shooting a movie without a finished script? Nah that's the Doug Liman's of the world.

Supposed GOATs should rap on beat.

So you're comparing directing to rapping now? Come on homie you're smarter than that. Like I said, I've seen it done, I know how it works. shyt aint always nice and cut out the way you'd like it to be as an artist and there are often more people with their hands in the pot than you and I know. You handle your business, you knock it out

They tried to put you onto game at DJ Booth but you didn't hear them though

This Might Be Why Nas Sounds Offbeat on DJ Khaled’s “It’s Secured” - DJBooth Article

"I'm not saying that's how [he] records every track," Parker told us via text. "I obviously have no idea. But I've seen it more than once. So, whenever I hear a Nas verse that has interesting timing or flows, I assume it's an a capella that's being repurposed."

Parker, who has worked with 50 Cent, Eminem and JAY-Z, among others, first met Nas when he recorded his verse for Dr. Dre's leaked Detox single "Topless." "I think he wrote [that one], not an a cappella," Parked added.

So, is Nas recording his verses a capella or to another beat a common practice? Actually, yes.

"I've seen several producers receive vocals that were recorded to a different beat," said Parker. "All the time. A few of folks favorite songs are technically remixes and they have no idea."

Obviously, it makes the most sense for an emcee to write his or her rhymes to the exact beat that said rhymes will be placed overtop. In this instance, however, Khaled and company might have wanted a Nas verse so badly, that they were willing to take whatever The God Son handed over via Dropbox.

Another one.

Again, your man ask you for a favor, you know he's got a deadline to meet, you knock it out and let the chips fall where they may. It ain't ideal but a favor for a favor. I know it's tough reading about someone's favorite rapper who doesn't snake nikkas in their back but you'll get used to it

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
So you're comparing directing to rapping now? Come on homie you're smarter than that. Like I said, I've seen it done, I know how it works. shyt aint always nice and cut out the way you'd like it to be as an artist and there are often more people with their hands in the pot than you and I know. You handle your business, you knock it out

They tried to put you onto game at DJ Booth but you didn't hear them though

This Might Be Why Nas Sounds Offbeat on DJ Khaled’s “It’s Secured” - DJBooth Article
I saw that article, I still think it's a poor excuse for an artist of his caliber to have.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I saw that article, I still think it's a poor excuse for an artist of his caliber to have.

It's not about it being an excuse breh lol the point I'm making and the article is making, is thats how the business works at times and has always worked like that. Is it ideal? hell no, but you don't always have time for ideal. Deadlines have to be met, albums need to drop for quotas to be filled, and everyone needs their checks. I don't like it, you don't like it, none of us like it, but it is what it is. :manny: sometimes if you don't play the game, the shyt will eat you alive

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
It's not about it being an excuse breh lol the point I'm making and the article is making, is thats how the business works at times and has always worked like that. Is it ideal? hell no, but you don't always have time for ideal. Deadlines have to be met, albums need to drop for quotas to be filled, and everyone needs their checks. I don't like it, you don't like it, none of us like it, but it is what it is. :manny: sometimes if you don't play the game, the shyt will eat you alive
I hear what you're saying breh but he hasn't had an album in 5 years. He's really not that in demand mainstream wise for him to have deadlines like that.

It's just :hhh: all around like hearing Lebron had a fukking cramp in his leg

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I hear what you're saying breh but he hasn't had an album in 5 years. He's really not that in demand mainstream wise for him to have deadlines like that.

It's just :hhh: all around like hearing Lebron had a fukking cramp in his leg

Clearly if Khaled thinks he's in demand, he's in demand lol. just because you're a jay stan who can't see the rest of the forest cause theres a camel hump in your face doesn't mean everyone feels the same. Nas Album Done was the best track on that album last summer and the one joint everyone kept talking about past the album. A new verse or album still gets a lot of attention, as it should. Is it Drake level? fukk no, but he's past that point in his career now. There's a reason the new york times are interviewing him and Khaled wants him ASAP and he's making a lot of quiet money moves. His name rings bells man but if you're thinking its going to have the same clout with the kiddies as Drake or Future then yeah you're looking at it sideways.

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
Anywho hopefully supes gets his lovable charm after his brainwashing is done with one of the major low points of his character so far haven't really felt he's been representing that iconic stature we all known love (no he doesn't need to be a corny dweeb like reeves but D.C.s captain America wld be nice)

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Anywho hopefully supes gets his lovable charm after his brainwashing is done with one of the major low points of his character so far haven't really felt he's been representing that iconic stature we all known love (no he doesn't need to be a corny dweeb like reeves but D.C.s captain America wld be nice)
So a mass murderer who will kill anyone and turn his back on friends because he's a repressed homosexual fighting for his guilty lover?:jbhmm:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Clearly if Khaled thinks he's in demand, he's in demand lol. just because you're a jay stan who can't see the rest of the forest cause theres a camel hump in your face doesn't mean everyone feels the same. Nas Album Done was the best track on that album last summer and the one joint everyone kept talking about past the album. A new verse or album still gets a lot of attention, as it should. Is it Drake level? fukk no, but he's past that point in his career now. There's a reason the new york times are interviewing him and Khaled wants him ASAP and he's making a lot of quiet money moves. His name rings bells man but if you're thinking its going to have the same clout with the kiddies as Drake or Future then yeah you're looking at it sideways.
:mjlol: Yeah you sound as hurt as the nas stans in the booth.

LEGACY, LEGACY, LEGACY, LEGACY :ahh:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:mjlol: Yeah you sound as hurt as the nas stans in the booth.

LEGACY, LEGACY, LEGACY, LEGACY :ahh:

:russ: I had to get a shot in breh. Jay is in my top 5 and one of the dudes who's influenced me the most but nikkas act like the dude is perfect and that shyt vexes me. Nas is the best of all time to me but I'll be damned if I sit here and act like the dude is perfect. Jay stand truly do act like the man is Jesus and ignore or twist themselves into pretzels to condone a lot of questionable shyt. Most of the s.carter album, making a bad boy album then making a dmx album, the actual song s.carter, blueprint 2, blueprint 3, and Magna Carta. That'd be like me saying I am and Nastradamus are awesome pieces of work when they aren't even close.

It's cool to like a nikka but damn he didn't give birth to y'all. No need to defend him so hard