Official 'JUSTICE LEAGUE' Thread

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
1. Humor hurt Ultron
2. I don't judge live action the same way I judge a cartoon
3. Even if this is a solid flick, if they bite Marvel which it looks like they are, I will shyt on this hard

I'd argue humor hurt ultron because they gave the humor to ultron lol. The protagonists having humor wasn't an issue to me. The villain thinking it was joke time did. I don't see Steppenwolf being a joke machine breh. And again when you bring in the flash, he's going to be have a sense of humor. That's the character. If they made Barry more stone faced like batman, that'd be a huge problem.

And good writing is good writing. Bruce Timm knew what he was doing and didn't look at it like he was creating a cartoon. He looked at it like he was creating a television show, first and foremost. And he understood how to balance out the subtle humor with the drama and the seriousness of the threats. Nothing wrong with that at all

CarolinaKing

The Carolina Blueprint
Daps
Reppin
NC
I dont get the big deal or the complaint of the DC stans.... wasnt there jokes in Justice League and Justice League Unlimited?

And no one NOT ONE PERSON has EVER said a bad word about that show.... pretty much universally loved.

Cats in here over exaggerate and panic over the weirdest shyt. Not one Marvel movie has been on some Kevin Hart or Will Farrell level comedy shyt.... they barely even have "punchlines" and I'm sure DC aint about to all of a sudden make an OG Adam Sandler like comedy movie were every line is a joke.

Relax, folks... theres a difference from a movie having all out "JOKES" and a movie having "HUMOR" and "HUMOR" has NEVER really hurt a movie. I can name about 5 or 6 serious classic beloved movies of different genres that had HUMOR in it and not one person ever shytted on it. Hell most cases those were they fav scenes!!

There's all kinds of humor in the justice league animated movies and it's great.

It's a movie about people running around in capes and shyt, try not to take yourself too seriously :heh:

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
@MartyMcFly said it perfectly. Every member can't be damn Batman. Hell thats one of the problems with Superman in the films so far.

Y'all have to let Nolan and the Dark Knight trilogy go. That worked because Nolan tried his hardest to distance himself away from all the extraordinary shyt of the comics.

When you start bringing in aliens, speedsters, amazons, atlantis and all the other shyt, you can't just have some bleak ass movie with no levity whatsoever.

What's crazy is that The Dark Knight is considered the perfect example of a Dark comic book movie and even that had humor and moments of levity.

DlAMONDZ

That pu$$y got me grinning
Daps
Reppin
Cali
If the OG cut is long like BvS then I'm expecting the worst

No doubt WB will cut it down so they can get more screens in theaters :sadcam:

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps

tumblr_o94mekp55f1s5zf6fo2_r1_1280.jpg

tumblr_o94mekp55f1s5zf6fo3_r1_1280.jpg

tumblr_o94mekp55f1s5zf6fo4_r1_540.jpg

oh shyt, actual humour in a dc movie :ohhh:

I'm in :lolbron:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
I'd argue humor hurt ultron because they gave the humor to ultron lol. The protagonists having humor wasn't an issue to me. The villain thinking it was joke time did. I don't see Steppenwolf being a joke machine breh. And again when you bring in the flash, he's going to be have a sense of humor. That's the character. If they made Barry more stone faced like batman, that'd be a huge problem.

And good writing is good writing. Bruce Timm knew what he was doing and didn't look at it like he was creating a cartoon. He looked at it like he was creating a television show, first and foremost. And he understood how to balance out the subtle humor with the drama and the seriousness of the threats. Nothing wrong with that at all
I agree with this as well. Lightheartedness doesn't hurt as long as it is balanced with maturity and doesn't affect characters who aren't supposed to be humorous. Ultron being that way was a horrible portrayal and he should've been more like Vision. Much more stoic and far more ruthless. Flash and Green Lantern as well as Superman to an extent should be lighter. Well more Flash and GL specifically. Supes doesn't have to be a comedian but, I think his MOS portrayal with more scenes like him talking to the army dudes forming a plan or even him just finding joy in flying are the ones that could balance his scenes where he's pissed when his mother was threatened/kidnapped

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I agree with this as well. Lightheartedness doesn't hurt as long as it is balanced with maturity and doesn't affect characters who aren't supposed to be humorous. Ultron being that way was a horrible portrayal and he should've been more like Vision. Much more stoic and far more ruthless. Flash and Green Lantern as well as Superman to an extent should be lighter. Well more Flash and GL specifically. Supes doesn't have to be a comedian but, I think his MOS portrayal with more scenes like him talking to the army dudes forming a plan or even him just finding joy in flying are the ones that could balance his scenes where he's pissed when his mother was threatened/kidnapped

Yup. Balance is key and within character. Flash is going to joke. That's who he is. Batman is going to be more wry, much like he's always been. Even in dark knight returns he had that wry sardonic wit. Wonder Woman probably won't be so much of a jokester lol but yeah don't make your bad guy a quip machine. That's how shyt starts going off the freaking rails

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Exactly @MartyMcFly

Supes, Bats, WW, and Aquaman are usually serious and focused on the task at hand rather than joking around. I wouldn't be surprised if WW and Aquaman are straight a$$holes to each other until the end of the film. Flash, Cyborg & Hal are the ones with the jokes but get the job done in the end

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Exactly @MartyMcFly

Supes, Bats, WW, and Aquaman are usually serious and focused on the task at hand rather than joking around. I wouldn't be surprised if WW and Aquaman are straight a$$holes to each other until the end of the film. Flash, Cyborg & Hal are the ones with the jokes but get the job done in the end

Exactly. Let's not act like we've never read a comic book before or watched a justice league animated movie or series. I mean when they announced flash would be in this movie, did anyone really think he wouldn't have a sense of humor? He's flash

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Well based on what I've read my anticipation dropped significantly.

They really just going to copy Marvel :francis:

Those Suicide Squad posters look straight from Disney :francis:

Just give us Batman DC.

How is it copying Marvel when the source material is straight from DC comics?? :russ: :russ:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
1. Humor hurt Ultron
2. I don't judge live action the same way I judge a cartoon
3. Even if this is a solid flick, if they bite Marvel which it looks like they are, I will shyt on this hard

Ummmm no....... If anything maybe it was more of the execution but I wasn't humor.

Humor doesn't hurt Tarentino Movies

Humor didn't hurt T2 a universally LOVED movie

Humor didn't hurt Spiderman, OG Batman, and Ironman (going back to comic book movies and movies that no one really shyts on)

Humor doesn't hurt shows like The Walking Dead, The Wire, Sopranos, The Shield.

Humor didn't hurt the OG Star Wars movies.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
There's all kinds of humor in the justice league animated movies and it's great.

It's a movie about people running around in capes and shyt, try not to take yourself too seriously :heh:

Yes..... JL and JLU were fukking GREAT cartoons and they were hilarious!!

People in here mad at the thought of WW smiling and joking when on m that show..... She was flirting and joking around with Batman all the time. She also joked around with others on the squad......

Hell she was eating in fukking catering with John Stewart and Hawkgirl and shyt! :russ: