Official JOKER Thread (SPOILERS)

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
People need to remember that studios don't make movies; writers, directors, and actors do.

shyt, if DC or Marvel putting out bad product was enough to make people lose faith in them, we wouldn't even have these movies cause everyone would have abandoned them yers ago over all the shytty comics they've done. :russ:

Your first point is why I don’t put my faith in brands man. Give me a director and a writer I love and I’m down regardless of who they’re making the movie for

And your point about being okay with someone liking something. The world is messed up enough man just let people enjoy what they enjoy even if you don’t. We talk about Scarface on this board a lot. It’s not for me but I’m glad it works for someone else and they can get some joy out of it. That’s how art works and always should work.

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
Despite initially not liking the look I came back to reality when I saw it was a homage thing & got over it. It's not really bad, not my preference. I like the sneak peaks they've shown so far.

That being said Joker's my favorite DC character so yeah I been wanting to see this & so have other people. I also like Phoenix as an actor so I was gonna see this shyt regardless. shyt, I pretty much only saw Suicide Squad for Joker & Harley despite hating the Jokers look.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
That has always been the difference in how I viewed Star Wars and Star Trek fans...sure there was the same amount of outsized sense of ownership with the franchises within the fanbase but the biggest dikks among Trek fans anger and criticism usually was coming from them thinking anything that came after The Original Series was not following the Roddenberry rulebook as closely as they were supposed to; Star Wars fans act like they know better than even Lucas.
Star Wars fans are also more likely to be sexist, semi-racist abusive douchebags than Trek fans are.

Now that's insight. lol
People need to remember that studios don't make movies; writers, directors, and actors do.

shyt, if DC or Marvel putting out bad product was enough to make people lose faith in them, we wouldn't even have these movies cause everyone would have abandoned them yers ago over all the shytty comics they've done. :russ:
Uh really producers make movies and have the last say on anything a writer, director or actor comes up with. So yeah you can look at certain studios and producers as creating superior content to others.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Uh really producers make movies and have the last say on anything a writer, director or actor comes up with. So yeah you can look at certain studios and producers as creating superior content to others.

You can make that comparison but it still doesn't hold much weight because even a studio like Blumhouse are heralded as the savior of horror movies or whatever the hell and they have produced some great horror films in recent years. However, they've also produced a long list of trash that never gets discussed. They have some huge hits that overshadow the trash.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
You can make that comparison but it still doesn't hold much weight because even a studio like Blumhouse are heralded as the savior of horror movies or whatever the hell and they have produced some great horror films in recent years. However, they've also produced a long list of trash that never gets discussed. They have some huge hits that overshadow the trash.
I think they get praise due to their entire body of work. And it is deserved. I'm all for artistic praise but let's give the business side theirs as well. It takes a partnership between the two to make quality productions.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Honestly, I have no idea at all what to think about this movie, and the teasers just make it even more:mindblown: .

Anybody have any thoughts on this movie? I have no idea if it'll be terrible or one of the greatest comic book movies ever.

That said, the casting for the Joker seems pretty spot-on.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Honestly, I have no idea at all what to think about this movie, and the teasers just make it even more:mindblown: .

Anybody have any thoughts on this movie? I have no idea if it'll be terrible or one of the greatest comic book movies ever.

That second trailer is a fan made one.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La

These aren't real breh :mjlol:

That said, I have no idea why they pushed back Wonder Woman 2 (the first being the saving grace of the DCEU) for this.

Benefited

Banned
Daps
This looks trash,between the Leto character and this,its about time to give the Joker a rest.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My bad, my boy was messaging asking me if I seen the new joker trailer so i was like :patrice: let me try to find it then.