Official JOKER Thread (SPOILERS)

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam

512ublkj8cL.jpg

Could be interesting if they start with the Joker as a failed comedian who turns to crime, through his accident becomes a counter-culture jokester criminal gaining mainstream attention and popularity (think of Banksy) only to descend further into violent madness. shyt could be fukking incredible.

d3323

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No, a comic book movie is based on comic book characters. :comeon:
Agreed. But are we sure this is based on comic book characters?
Supposedly it’s some new story about “Arthur fleck” and features gangsters, some talk show host, and who knows what else? Yes, the final result is the joker, but I doubt there will be much of the actual joker that we know of.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Agreed. But are we sure this is based on comic book characters?
Supposedly it’s some new story about “Arthur fleck” and features gangsters, some talk show host, and who knows what else? Yes, the final result is the joker, but I doubt there will be much of the actual joker that we know of.
You ever heard of origin stories? :what:

Do you know shyt about comic books? :dwillhuh:

d3323

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You ever heard of origin stories? :what:

Do you know shyt about comic books? :dwillhuh:
Origin stories that we’re used to are the start of multiple films.
This is most likely a one and done “other worlds” DC property movie.
Call this a comic book movie if you want, but you may be surprised at what this is when it comes out.
I’m betting this looks more like road to perdition/king of comedy than Batman begins.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Origin stories that we’re used to are the start of multiple films.
This is most likely a one and done “other worlds” DC property movie.
Call this a comic book movie if you want, but you may be surprised at what this is when it comes out.
I’m betting this looks more like road to perdition/king of comedy than Batman begins.
So it's a movie made by a studio that makes films based on comics, about the origins of a comic book character, but it's not a comic book movie because it might look like Road to Perdition?

Knights89

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
ULY 31, 2018 10:00am PT by Mia Galuppo

Marc Maron Joining Joaquin Phoenix in Joker Movie
gettyimages-800018820_copy_-_h_2018.jpg

Jason LaVeris/FilmMagic/Getty Images
inRead invented by Teads
The Glow star would join Robert De Niro, Zazie Beetz and Frances Conroy in the origin story from The Hangover helmer Todd Phillips.

Phillips is directing from a script he co-wrote with Scott Silver, While plot details are largely unknown, the stand-alone is supposed to be set in Gotham City in the early 1980s, and will be moderately budgeted and darker than the studio’s other DC-based movies, known as the DC Cinematic Universe.

Maron was most recently seen in the second season of Netflix's popular '80s wrestling comedy. He also starred in the streamer's dramedy series Easy and his 2017 special Marc Maron: Too Real. He is the host of the popular podcast WTF With Marc Maron.

Maron is repped by ICM Partners and Avalon Management.

Marc Maron Joining Joaquin Phoenix in Joker Movie

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Hildur Gudnadottir to Score Todd Phillips’ ‘Joker’ Origin Movie | Film Music Reporter
image.jpg

Hildur Gudnadottir has been hired to score the upcoming Joker origin movie. Todd Phillips (The Hangover, Old School, Starsky & Hutch, War Dogs) will direct the film, which is set to star Joaquin Phoenix in the title role, alongside Robert De Niro, Frances Conroy, Zazie Beetz and Marc Maron. The movie based on the DC Comics character is reportedly set in Gotham City in the early 1980s. No plot details have been announced yet. Phillips has also co-written the screenplay with Scott Silver (The Fighter, 8 Mile) and is producing the project with Emma Tillinger Koskoff (The Wolf of Wall Street, Silence). Joker is set to be released on October 4, 2018 by Warner Bros. Pictures.

Gudnadottir whose previous scoring credits include this year’s Sicario: Day of the Soldado and Mary Magdalene (co-scored with Johann Johannsson), as well as Strong Island and A Hijacking is currently scoring the upcoming HBO/Sky limited series Chernobyl starring Jared Harris, Stellan Skarsgard & Emily Watson. She will also return to co-score the second season of Baltasar Kormakur’s Icelandic TV series Trapped (with Rutger Hoedemaekers). She previously co-scored the show’s first season with Johann Johannsson.

Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone
so this is basically going to be the killing joke

but without Batman and Batgirl?

I don't think they thought this one all the way through

I totally expect this film to just be a drama that doesn't feel in any way shape or form like a comic book film at all (and not in a Logan good type of way)

then at the end he's The Joker for like 3 minutes

:patrice: