Official JOKER Thread (SPOILERS)

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Most films that are based on comic books, that being the source material or in this case the use of characters, places, imagery etc. are never in the Oscar short list or consideration, it doesn't happen.. because most of those films don't strive to make any type of social commentary at all...

But you're right this is different and it's rated R which will stop some children from seeing it in theaters but with a $55M budget it's going to make a big profit and hopefully change the game moving forward.

This could even be the film of the year....if so, it would make doubters into lifelong fans.

darryl

Superstar
Daps
Seems like the hype is dying down a bit... This thread hasn't been active in some days

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Joker Director Reveals if a Sequel Is in the Works

If you're hoping to see a sequel to Todd Phillip's Joker, you might be out of luck. After a recent Joker screening in the City of Angels, Phillips revealed to those in attendance (via IGN) he and the studio "have no plan for a sequel." The news was a direct response to a recent Total Film report claiming the filmmaker wanted to do a sequel with star Joaquin Phoenix in tow.

The director said his words in the previous comment were taking out of context. "The quote was, 'I will do anything Joaquin wants to do,'" Phillips clarified. "And I would. But the movie's not set up to [have] a sequel. We always pitched it as one movie, and that's it."

Phillips' initial comments in the Total Film piece read as such, "If he was willing to do it, and if people show up to this movie, and Warners came to us and said, ‘You know what? If you guys could think of something…’ Well, I have a feeling that he and I could think of something pretty cool.”

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
You know what's funny, The Majority of this is not a Joker Movie is really undercover Marvel Fans who know a little about the Joker and just know him from Old School Wizard Magazines, or From Jack Nicholson Joker, maybe read Death In A Family or Killing Joke so they can feel to be in the know in Joker Conversations because Joker always been Comics Greatest Villain and alot of Comic Collector's that read other Comics from different companies and Independent Companies other then DC or Marvel fukks with The Joker so they do a little dabble not to feel left out

Because I keep hearing from them this is not a Joker Movie because of the origin.

Can they tell me what is Joker Origin?

Here let me name a few

1) No Origin just came out of Nowhere in the 40's Batman Comic's as a psychopath serial killer in Gotham

2) In the 50's he was The First Red Hood and he felled in a Chemical Vat and became disfigured, y'all know the rest

3) In the late 80's around 88 we get another origin, he was a failed comedian, had a pregnant wife life beats him down and snapped from The Killing Joke and The Joker Movie took damn near everything except from The Wife from One of The Greatest Comic ever Killing Joke and y'all bytching that this Joker is not his origin. That's hating DC fukkboy shyt trying to be cool

But Again The Joker said this might not be true, so we really don't have a Joker Origin even him falling in the Chemical Vat my not be true according to the Joker

So tell me what is Joker Origins

You see fukkboys every Joker took something from the Joker Mythos

Romero's Batman took from the Prankster Clown of Prince Joker from the 1942 version

Jack Nicholson took from Joker falling in the Chemical Vault as a Criminal from the 50's and Mob Boss trying to take over Gotham

Heath Joker took from 1940 first appearance of The Joker who appeared out of nowhere with No Origins a psychotic killer that came to Gotham and a little of The Killing Joke with Just One Bad Day

Letro Joker put a Modern Spin on Batman Animated series Joker with Quinn and the abusing of women from the late 80's Joker

And I noticed there was no Origin talk with Jack, Heath or Letro until Now

Just be real and Say that This Joker Movie is the first comic movie that's be hailed, praised for its art, acting, storyline by film critics who really don't give a shyt about Comic Movies and deep down you wished it was a. Marvel Movie instead of DC

And every Comic Movie after The Joker will be compared to it by Hollywood and Film critics and Marvel can't really fukk with it

DC got y'all open

damn-png.4890

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
WB is gonna need to drop off the money truck for a sequel. I need to see where Joaquin and Phillips could take this next.

Last edited:

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
white supremacists love the joker

:mjpls:

And the punisher
That's what makes them even more pathetic

Joker would laugh at the fact that someone looks up to him, because The Joker is a homicidal maniac who kills based on his own sick twisted sense of humor.

Punisher also looks down on White Supremacists as well as cops who use his symbol as some kind of rallying symbol because The Punisher only exists as a result of the system failing a good man.

Then again WSs are'nt very intelligent :manny: