Official John Wick (Keanu Reaves) Thread

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
For anyone saying it was stupid because it was over a dog..either you didn't watch the movie or you've never lost anyone close to you. He said exactly what the dog represented and for someone already in a bad emotional state, something like that has the chance to send you over the edge which is exactly what happened. And no, the equalizer is not better.
same. I don't see how its corny like fred said. his dead wife sent him that dog via her will and these punk asses killed it and left its corpse sitting in front of his eyes for when he regained consciousness. Who can't connect to that on an emotional level? I wanted him to kill everybody :demonic:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
same. I don't see how its corny like fred said. his dead wife sent him that dog via her will and these punk asses killed it and left its corpse sitting in front of his eyes for when he regained consciousness. Who can't connect to that on an emotional level? I wanted him to kill everybody :demonic:

Word. and he said that was his chance to have to mourn alone. You take that away from someone you shouldn't be surprised if they split your shyt

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

It came off corny because I understand why he did it, but Keanu Reeves is a fairly terrible actor so I wasn't sold on his motivation. He said the lines but I didn't feel like he did it "so he didn't have to mourn alone". Since people are mentioning "The Equalizer", imagine someone of Denzel's caliber with those same lines. shyt would be :to: as hell. With Keanu I was sitting there like :comeon: "a dog, word?"

Fred.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
It came off corny because I understand why he did it, but Keanu Reeves is a fairly terrible actor so I wasn't sold on his motivation. He said the lines but I didn't feel like he did it "so he didn't have to mourn alone". Since people are mentioning "The Equalizer", imagine someone of Denzel's caliber with those same lines. shyt would be :to: as hell. With Keanu I was sitting there like :comeon: "a dog, word?"

Fred.

It's a completely different movie with Denzel though. Keanu understood the movie he was in and didn't try to be ultra serious with it. There's plenty stuff going on in that movie where you know it's done with a wink and you need a lead who can do that while at the same time conveying the emotion needed and for me, it worked. I bought him as the silent type who every now and then lashed out and speaking as someone who's lost someone close to them and been in that position of needing to mourn, I recognized his emotion and it felt genuine but it's also not going to be "perfect" your thoughts and emotions and feelings may not come out the best way and his didn't. But I bought him as a guy who was an emotional wreck and not once did I say "oh this is all over a dog?"

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps

Fred.
:manny:

I thought Keanu was pretty good, and this is coming from someone who thinks Coppolla's Dracula is ruined by his presence.

Interloper

Lurker Extraordinaire
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 219
:ld:I like John Wick & The Equalizer about the same. Whenever I want to watch some ultraviolent shyt from 14, I'll put these on back to back along with Raid 2. I do wonder if Denzel was ever offered the John Wick movie and just decided on The Equalizer.

FlyGuy

pimp of the year
Daps
Reppin
tropicana
:ld:I like John Wick & The Equalizer about the same. Whenever I want to watch some ultraviolent shyt from 14, I'll put these on back to back along with Raid 2. I do wonder if Denzel was ever offered the John Wick movie and just decided on The Equalizer.

John Wick, Equalizer, and homie from Taken need to do a crossover

Kartel13

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Fred.

christ, shut the fukk with your uppity shyt. It's a B action movie about revenge. There's really nothing else that needs to be dissected.

Regardless of whether Keanu was convincing or not, the actual act itself can send anyone over the edge. Especially an ex top notch assassin.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
christ, shut the fukk with your uppity shyt.

This ain't The Booth or The Arcadium or none of these other subforums where mods let people run wild. You can voice your opinion like an adult without all that extra shyt.

Secondly, I'm just giving my opinion. I said I liked the movie. If you disagree :yeshrug: KIM. That first line is not the route to go though.

Fred.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
This ain't The Booth or The Arcadium or none of these other subforums where mods let people run wild. You can voice your opinion like an adult without all that extra shyt.

Secondly, I'm just giving my opinion. I said I liked the movie. If you disagree :yeshrug: KIM. That first line is not the route to go though.

Fred.

Does that include Hulkamania?