Official Jason Bourne Thread

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Update:

Well, they’ve figured it out. I’m told that the studio is so bullish on this that the intention is to make the reteam the next Bourne film to go into production to make the July 16, 2016, release slot that Universal had previously assigned to an untitled Bourne film. That means it would step in front of the spinoff sequel that is to reprise Jeremy Renner and be directed by Fast & Furious architect Justin Lin. That film, which began with the Tony Gilroy-directed The Bourne Legacy, remains in development. I thought its premise— Renner plays one of several genetically altered assassins, all of whom are targeted for death — was smart and satisfying on its own. Universal intends to continue that series and to broaden its franchise base, much the way that Marvel cranks out superhero films. The Bourne Legacy was a good start to a new franchise, but Jason Bourne is a hard act to follow. Now, franchise-hungry Universal has both of them. Lin can probably use the time, as he signed on to direct the second season of the HBO series True Detective.

:whew: I was worried the "The Bourne Legacy" sequel was gonna be canceled.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Update: The Wrap reporter Jeff Sneider adds that Viggo Mortensen has been offered the role of the film’s villain.]

Another familiar face is onboard for the new Bourne film. While it seemed unlikely that director Paul Greengrass or Matt Damon would return to the franchise after The Bourne Ultimatum given Greengrass’ contentious relationship with Universal, a minor miracle occurred last fall when it was announced the both Greengrass and Damon were indeed coming back to make a new Bourne movie for release in 2016.

Development continues as Damon and Greengrass are penning the screenplayalongside Christopher Rouse, and as production looks to begin this fall in London, Deadline reports that Julia Stiles is set to reprise her role as covert agent Nicky Parsons in the new Bourne picture. Stiles’ character has appeared in all of the Bourne films thus far, becoming an unlikely ally for Damon’s titular spy as the series progressed. It’s unclear how she’ll fit into the story this time around, but she had a key role in Ultimatum, which saw Bourne seemingly finding some sort of closure after exposing Operation Blackbriar to the public.

Mortensen as the villain:whoo::ohlawd:

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
yTG0R.gif

R-Typ3

All Star
Daps
It's like how much more shyt can they put him thru?? Last time we saw Jason he took down Treadstone, got his name back and disappeared with his life...

R-Typ3

All Star
Daps
3 was just a retread of 2. They're indistinguishable, and the story became a bit tedious. The amnesia angle was purer, and more exciting in the first. It had a slower '70s spy vibe to it.

I still say that duel should've been sequenced at the end :blessed:

The field shootout with Clive Owen :kawhiblessed: