Official "Invincible" TV Series Thread (NO COMIC SPOILERS)

Conz

Superstar
Daps
this Kirkman dude is gonna be a billionaire off making like 5% changes on existing ideas. i know everything has been done, and everyone is influenced by something, but i think this dude is the biggest example of just kinda tweaking a couple little things from shyt we all know already and reaping the benefits. "Walking Dead is different bc the people ARE the walking dead... or something." Wow, what a spin on the zombie genre! Here's 40 boring ass seasons and 5 spinoffs. You're our entire cable network now.

and two episodes deep, i'm failing to see what's so original about this show. "It's about Superman's son, but get this... Superman? he's bad!" ok, cool. sure.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Whew I’ve always heard about this comics but never actually read it. It’s always looked cool though.

Def wasn’t expecting teh first episode to be like that. Damn

Judging by how they got the tone of the comic right in the first episode alone, everyone's in for a ride.

The Walking Dead may have been getting him the most money, but I think Invincible has been Kirkman's best work this entire time.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this Kirkman dude is gonna be a billionaire off making like 5% changes on existing ideas. i know everything has been done, and everyone is influenced by something, but i think this dude is the biggest example of just kinda tweaking a couple little things from shyt we all know already and reaping the benefits. "Walking Dead is different bc the people ARE the walking dead... or something." Wow, what a spin on the zombie genre! Here's 40 boring ass seasons and 5 spinoffs. You're our entire cable network now.

and two episodes deep, i'm failing to see what's so original about this show. "It's about Superman's son, but get this... Superman? he's bad!" ok, cool. sure.

Two different things though, breh. The Walking Dead, even as a comic book, suffered from being so successful that Kirkman felt obligated to keep it going.

What made Invincible unique was that the initial premise is pretty standard shyt (there have been countless "what if Superman, but bad?" stories), but it decides to get into other stuff, which is far.more interesting. You just gotta give it time.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I am so hooked on this.
I watched during the ampm clubs hours.
before i went to bed after falcon ep ii debuted.
Waiting on falcon and winter soldier to debut at three or four am.
Highly recommended.
For the maturity of content and realism.

Plus the excellent supporting voice over cast from walton goggins to sandy oh.

Including using what appears to be the same filmhouse artist.

used in matsuda to boondock's level of animation and clarity.

Rating : @@@@@

Art Barr

CW_1991

Banned
Daps
I'm itching to get into this after work (read the comics YEARS AGO).

For those who have already watched them, how is it?

:lupe:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Two different things though, breh. The Walking Dead, even as a comic book, suffered from being so successful that Kirkman felt obligated to keep it going.

What made Invincible unique was that the initial premise is pretty standard shyt (there have been countless "what if Superman, but bad?" stories), but it decides to get into other stuff, which is far.more interesting. You just gotta give it time.
i'll take your word for it.

CW_1991

Banned
Daps
I know it's a little early to ask this but how many seasons could this potentially run for?