Official "Invincible" TV Series Thread (NO COMIC SPOILERS)

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
And that's why I didn't care for their portrayal in Man of Steel.
tenor.gif

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
I get what you're saying, I get tired of gratuitous carnage that becomes meaningless in shows because it can tune viewers out, but look at it like this:

Invincible is an example of writers using that type of violence the right way. Part of the whole premise of the show is an alternate view of superheroics and the superman mythos particularly. We see realistic consequences of superhero battles and what type of mindsets some people would have in a world where your whole block could go up in flames at any given moment.

Normally other shows just have violence for violence's sake but that final fight was executed beautifully. Invincible doesn't go deep into the same deep end, 'tune me out style as a clear parody/deconstruction like The Boys (original comic especially) and it did a good job of what it wanted to convey imho

Yeah, this show makes superhero work look legitimately terrifying. Like, scared of ever getting powers of your own because the consequences are just too severe for most people to comprehend. Like Mark trying to save lives, but failed miserably.

That level of trauma Mark experienced, he should go to therapy.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Yeah, this show makes superhero work look legitimately terrifying. Like, scared of ever getting powers of your own because the consequences are just too severe for most people to comprehend. Like Mark trying to save lives, but failed miserably.

That level of trauma Mark experienced, he should go to therapy.
Imagine being a citizen in these towns. It would be a war zone. Economy would be looking :patrice:

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
:francis:The part where Mark put his hands up to fight Omni Man I was like No bro you obviously not ready r u mad!!!!!!!:mjlol:

The part when Mark was still tryin to fight him underwater. :picard::mjcry:like Dude have you not seen the power difference yet?:hubie:

Donald might have survived if that one gda stealth bytch hadnt started crawling to the safehouse across the street:mjcry:

Cecil needs to find that alien cat headed monster that machine head on the payroll, that guy could scrap Mark and the new guardians aint built for this yet.

Also gotta say Green Ghost got done dirty by the writers, she could have snuck up and phased omni man through the ground way underground or something right? A green lantern woulda done better. She coulda done something other than materialize, catch darkwings body and then get one shotted come on man. my goodness. Red Rush could have also rushed everyone somewhere else to regroup but he went out like a hero at least. I cant belive they didnt have a preset plan to take care of a rogue omni man. Batman would have for sure. The guy is an alien afterall.

Last edited: