Official "Invincible" TV Series Thread (NO COMIC SPOILERS)

Daps
nah I’ve read the comics and it still pisses me off bcuz it’s silly how desperate dudes are to show everybody they “know” what’s gonna happen...and this is coming from someone who will open spoiler tags and read them even if I haven’t seen a show or movie...just blatantly spoiling shyt for everyone is wrong...no one likes the “ooh ooh I knooow” kid in the class who blurts out all the answers

yeah that's the part that was trippin me out. Like, folks don't have basic decency and respect for others to not spoil things if we ask them not to spoil it anymore?

But you know what, maybe it's me, cause I've never been in this position before. Apparently, brehs been doing this on the coli for years, even during GOT. By the time I got into GOT, it was on s7 and s8 (which there were no spoilers for), so I guess brehs been jerks the whole time, and I just missed it.

Daps
180074965_3475641799202085_8945296950043511180_n.jpg

corny but :mjlol: @ all the remakes

CarbonBraddock

You will be trolled
Daps
watched the whole first season and it had some pretty good moments. one thing that didn't make sense though:
omni man said his purpose was to come to the planet to weaken it for easier subjugation. this doesn't make sense since he could've destroyed earth whenever he wanted to or forced them to surrender easily. he beat that one planet and they were more advanced than earth. and that's just one guy. imagine if they sent two omni mans. he also nearly died from fighting the justice league ripoffs when he could've picked each one off one by one easily. he was much faster than any of them mufukkas and could've just flew through them all like a missile at his leisure. also, it doesn't make sense for him to have a kid bc the kid will *surprise surprise* not end up a psychopath after being raised to be normal. finally, the core mission of his people doesn't make sense since they view people as basically ants to be disposed of by the millions. why would you be concerned with the healthcare of a colony of ants? shyt is retarded to even say out loud.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
watched the whole first season and it had some pretty good moments. one thing that didn't make sense though:
omni man said his purpose was to come to the planet to weaken it for easier subjugation. this doesn't make sense since he could've destroyed earth whenever he wanted to or forced them to surrender easily. he beat that one planet and they were more advanced than earth. and that's just one guy. imagine if they sent two omni mans. he also nearly died from fighting the justice league ripoffs when he could've picked each one off one by one easily. he was much faster than any of them mufukkas and could've just flew through them all like a missile at his leisure. also, it doesn't make sense for him to have a kid bc the kid will *surprise surprise* not end up a psychopath after being raised to be normal. finally, the core mission of his people doesn't make sense since they view people as basically ants to be disposed of by the millions. why would you be concerned with the healthcare of a colony of ants? shyt is retarded to even say out loud.

The comics really go into depth about the vitrimite empire... they are basically the saiyans without freeza...:francis: He was supposed to do his job but he fell in love and had a family... he failed....

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
There's a lot of little shyt that could stand to look better but it doesnt really impact the quality of the show to me. Like when Mark hits knocked to Chicago and tears up the street. His rolling body is literally a cut out just being turned over and over again. It's just nitpicky shyt I notice from watching a lot of anime where folks get knocked around in more varied ways. But I get it w/ the runtime and the ambition it has :yeshrug:
You're right, I DID notice the rolling animation was kind of "off" when I rewatched this.

I'm kind of confused about the setting now. I thought they were in a fictional "comic book world" city, the equivalent to Metropolis. Does this mean that they were supposed to be in Chicago the whole time? Or did those characters travel from "Vince-opolis" to Chicago?

The sound design and the impact on hits, explosions is what really made this...

I when into this not knowing anything about it, and boy did Ep1 set the tone :picard:
The sound effect that really stood out for me what when they started shooting Titan with the machine gun at the start of episode 5. :bustback:

KingFreeman

Barely-Known Member
Daps
Reppin
the 254
Yeah, this show makes superhero work look legitimately terrifying. Like, scared of ever getting powers of your own because the consequences are just too severe for most people to comprehend. Like Mark trying to save lives, but failed miserably.

That level of trauma Mark experienced, he should go to therapy.

Too true. I find it wild how trusting they are of all these aliens with questionable motives who keep popping up. DC comic's earth takes superman and all them for granted for example, but realistically an all-powerful alien that only a handful of people can check would be something the world's governments would never ever accept.

Invincible's earth was almost asking for an Omni Mayne incident to happen.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Yeah, this show makes superhero work look legitimately terrifying. Like, scared of ever getting powers of your own because the consequences are just too severe for most people to comprehend. Like Mark trying to save lives, but failed miserably.

That level of trauma Mark experienced, he should go to therapy.
My mind would’ve been shattered to pieces after that subway craziness. I thought Mark would seem more distraught, even downright broken, but he actually recovered himself well after that.