Official Infamous Second Son Thread

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Only 8% complete on inFamous 2 and I can already tell I'm going to enjoy this one more the first game. Better graphics and the movement seems cleaner. I like the new weapon Cole has at his disposal as well.

The gameplay is better, which is rather a given typically with sequels. Though the pacing of the game falters a bit. Story/pacing are better in the first game.

ThePsydeFX

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
So I was right about not posting the correct 1920x1080 shots. The ones I posted didn't do the game justice.

Here's a gif from the share button as an apology.

ib7l2cl3ox31s_by_thepsydefx-d7aqbeo.gif

1613993_690226257706345_740691467_o.jpg

1540448_690226051039699_1426400493_o.jpg

1932769_690224994373138_555582518_o.jpg

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
Okay it's pretty. I get that. Anyone mind giving me a little bit of impressions on the gameplay. I'm curious as to how the nova act. Everything pretty fluid? Does the city seem alive? I'm a fan of the first two, but the npcs always kinda just seemed in the way sorts sometimes. Can't really explain. How is movement? Is there another hover/float type move to take over most of the maneuverin or did they throw us a curve ball? I haven't really seen too much media on this game

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Okay it's pretty. I get that. Anyone mind giving me a little bit of impressions on the gameplay. I'm curious as to how the nova act. Everything pretty fluid? Does the city seem alive? I'm a fan of the first two, but the npcs always kinda just seemed in the way sorts sometimes. Can't really explain. How is movement? Is there another hover/float type move to take over most of the maneuverin or did they throw us a curve ball? I haven't really seen too much media on this game
:dwillhuh: Breh we said it plenty of times the gameplay is dope in this. I hope you just didn't spoil me because I don't know what you mean by Nova but if you're talking about Smoke, then yea it's used in different ways from the neon power. With the smoke you can throw smoke sulfur bombs that stun enemies and you can either subdue or kill the enemies in that state.
iFomudsmmy1QE.gif

You can also hold r2 to charge up a smoke blast that throws enemies back or use a smoke missle of some sort for a radius blast. Traversal is beautiful in this game :banderas:. You can turn into smoke and go through vents and fly in the air and you also have this smoke dash that lets you dash in the air or on the ground. Melee is improved but this game won't let you just go off meleeing people. With smoke equipped, you can do this boost jump off of cars that launches you into the air.

Movement is damn near perfect, it feels fluid climbing around. Hovering so far is pretty much the same across both sets but neon dash you can run up buildings and then jump off and do this dropping punch that slams on the ground. This game is better than Infamous 2 in every single way and I'm not even halfway through yet. City feels much more alive too, ambiance was my main gripe with Infamous 2. In this one you hear npcs talking, yelling and going about the events currently transpiring. Also sound from music in cars booming are here and there and the sounds of trains and vehicles are much more pronounced.

Last edited: