Daps
1kajeaclfed61.png

:mjlol:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
@MartyMcFly I think this one is reaching the general audience a bit better :jbhmm:

Cause its a fight of two icons they know. but I still say Americans overall don't actually like Godzilla movies as much as they like the idea of Godzilla movies. Because the complaints in this thread about king of the monsters or even the 2014 flick are complaints you can throw at the entire franchise going back to the beginning.

If anything, Godzilla movies have dumbed down quite a bit in order to achieve more mainstream success. they're less allegory and more big monsters fighting each other. im cool either way but King of the Monsters is a love letter to Godzilla flicks and one of the best Godzilla flicks to come around in a long ass time. that it was slept on like that by an audience who claims they want Godzilla flicks told me a lot.

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'd like a 10 Cloverfield lane esque take on godzilla. Lets focus on effects and action sequences and more focus on the psychological effects of humans dealing with that shyt. I mean this looks way too unrealistic.

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
Cause its a fight of two icons they know. but I still say Americans overall don't actually like Godzilla movies as much as they like the idea of Godzilla movies. Because the complaints in this thread about king of the monsters or even the 2014 flick are complaints you can throw at the entire franchise going back to the beginning.

If anything, Godzilla movies have dumbed down quite a bit in order to achieve more mainstream success. they're less allegory and more big monsters fighting each other. im cool either way but King of the Monsters is a love letter to Godzilla flicks and one of the best Godzilla flicks to come around in a long ass time. that it was slept on like that by an audience who claims they want Godzilla flicks told me a lot.

Born in 77 being a Godzilla fan as a child, watching his movies on Saturday Matinee on TV, checking out his books from my elementary library

America has and always be for King Kong, America watch and enjoy all Kong Movies over Godzilla's, I remember as a child I used to be like Godzilla will beat King Kong, I used to get ridiculed. Even my pops was a Kong fan and really didn't fukk with Godzilla, Americans grew up off of Kong

Ace Money

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Finally peeped KOTM late last night. All these “Kong bows to no one” and “long live the king” references” hit differently now. :wow:

I was a ‘Zilla fan as a kid, but I might have to side with Kong on this one. :ohhh:

One right hook turned Godzilla into Reptar. :wow:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound

Agreed the original lessons and representations of what Godzilla is has definitely diluted especially for just being viewed as monster films. I also think Kong seems to be more relatable from what I've seen and people are responding to his ability to emote. From what I've seen some fans are liking his bond with the little girl as well.

Carl Tethers

@mastermind is OVO
Supporter
Daps
Read some article where the director is saying we finally get a winner to this fight.. Kong whooped Zilla's ass first time around :francis:

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Agreed the original lessons and representations of what Godzilla is has definitely diluted especially for just being viewed as monster films. I also think Kong seems to be more relatable from what I've seen and people are responding to his ability to emote. From what I've seen some fans are liking his bond with the little girl as well.
yeah I think you're right. Kong movies function differently than Zilla movies and the characters are completely different. Like you said, it's easier to identity with him and because he is an American creation. So his movies are probably easier to digest for us. its like American horror movies vs Italian horror movies.