Official Godzilla Minus One Thread

Laidbackman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL, but rasied in DMV
The freaking AMC app didn't tell us this was a Japanese film with English subtitles. It usually tells you. How disingenuous of them. I should have left right behind that Black couple, who left after the first 15 minutes, who were the only other Black people in the auditorium, other than three other Black individuals in the back. Being a Godzilla fan, I wound up tryna read through this 2 hour movie, until I started dozing off.

I have three questions:
1. Who goes to a movie knowing they'll have to read subtitles for 2 hours?
2. How did this movie get all this praise?
3. Are y'all crazy?

No wonder somebody set off a fart bomb midway through the movie. It wasn't bad enough to make me step out, but almost. I'm surprised nobody left, or said anything. I think the culprits were those three Black individuals in the back. And I don't blame them, if they weren't warned about the subtitles.

I've never been let down like this before, for a film that had no wenching.

Last edited:

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
Saw this today and I was surprised on how much I really enjoyed this. Seeing it from the POV of people from a small city was very intriguing. Made it a lot more realistic.

For the first time in a Godzilla movie I actually CARED for the humans. Them showing the other aspect of his Nuclear fire blast and just how devastating it is to the people made Godzilla that much more threatening.

I lowkey want to see this again…I really fukked with this.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Damn so its better than Shin? Shin Godzilla was flames
Shin Godzilla is one of the most hopeless and nightmarish monster film that I've ever witnessed. It incapsulated government leadership in disasters so perfectly. Shin Godzilla is just nightmare fuel and it brings me back to surviving natural disasters. Shin Godzilla felt like an actual personfication of natural disasters.

Godzilla Minus One felt like the personfication of the darkest evils of their guilt and atrocities done by totalitarian government of WW2 Japan. Treat people as if they were nothing and use them as cattle under guise of honor. They weren't at war just a creature, but fighting a war with what Japan used to be and refusing to surrender. Godzilla was ever bit creature as it as a by-product of how Emperor Shōwa would rather kill every single one of his people in a war that they couldn't win with Germany and Italy already defeated.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Here's my review for it

I always wondered if there was a connection between that YT channel and your username and now we know...

R.5dc13cadafa6d66ba8725444661fed18

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
The freaking AMC app didn't tell us this was a Japanese's film with English subtitles. The app usually tells you. How disingenuous of them. I should have left right behind that Black couple, who left after the first 15 minutes, who were the only other Black people in the auditorium, other than three other Black individuals in the back. Being a Godzilla fan, I wound up tryna read through this 2 hour movie, until I started dozing off.

I have three questions:
3. Are y'all crazy?

No wonder somebody set off a fart bomb midway through the movie. It wasn't bad enough to make me step out, but almost. I'm surprised nobody left, or said anything. I think the culprits were those three Black individuals in the back. And I don't blame them, if they weren't warned about the subtitles.

Casual

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
The freaking AMC app didn't tell us this was a Japanese's film with English subtitles. The app usually tells you. How disingenuous of them. I should have left right behind that Black couple, who left after the first 15 minutes, who were the only other Black people in the auditorium, other than three other Black individuals in the back. Being a Godzilla fan, I wound up tryna read through this 2 hour movie, until I started dozing off.

I have three questions:
3. Are y'all crazy?

you bytch about every fukkin thing man

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM

I have three questions:
3. Are y'all crazy?

godzilla-computer.jpg