Official Godzilla: King of Monsters Thread

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
Just finished this. Wasn't mad at all. Kinda wished I would have watched it on the big TV with the surround sound on. Plot was eh but it advanced the story. Millie was doing WAY to much improbable shyt for a child. And this movie might have the most reaction shots in cinema history. That said I'd give it a B. Def got a lot of good shyt going on and Ken Wantanabe and Charles Dance were pretty solid.

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
So is this worth watching on hbo?

is there at least solid action

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps

I liked it. because I knew what it was going in. Monsters fukking shyt up and the humans just being there to push the story along. If you're looking for an emotionally nuanced, rich human drama - this ain't that.

As far as action - It's way better than the first one.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound

If you're an OG Godzilla fan as the director is this is a love letter to Godzilla fans. If you liked the first one though and are more casual the tonal shift may turn you off:yeshrug:There's plenty of monster action and the visuals are beautiful honestly with how they utilize the different colors :yeshrug:Godzilla is King for a reason:ufdup::myman:

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
Mid.

Something to watch in the background
I liked it. because I knew what it was going in. Monsters fukking shyt up and the humans just being there to push the story along. If you're looking for an emotionally nuanced, rich human drama - this ain't that.

As far as action - It's way better than the first one.
If you're an OG Godzilla fan as the director is this is a love letter to Godzilla fans. If you liked the first one though and are more casual the tonal shift may turn you off:yeshrug:There's plenty of monster action and the visuals are beautiful honestly with how they utilize the different colors :yeshrug:Godzilla is King for a reason:ufdup::myman:

:salute: Thanks brehs. Throwing this on right now

as long as the visuals and monsters are on point, fukk the people, it’s godzilla:heh:

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
Man this shyt was piff :ehh:

Human side was slow, but necessary.

Watching all the titans go off was great:wow:

Then Godzilla wrecking shyt in the end and that final shot :damn:

excited for Godzilla vs Kong but how the fukk is Kong competing against this:dahell:

edit: visually and destruction wise, this was great

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Like you and I said before: Americans like the idea of Godzilla movies but don’t actually like Godzilla movies.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
All these monsters fights in the dark doesnt make the movie as watchable. Movie was pretty bland and the human actors dragged it down.
The fights are dark in this one for plot reasons due to Ghids powers but there's lightning and shyt everywhere unlike the first one:pachaha:It was bright as hell to me with all the blue, yellow, red, and orange:hubie: