Official Godzilla: King of Monsters Thread

Brehcepticon

Adeptus Brehstartes
Supporter
Daps
That's one of my favorites too (and one of the furst G movies that I saw). Godzilla was menacing as all hell in that movie. They turned him into Michael Myers/Jason Vorhees.

Prime Minister:"Godzilla has been spotted. He's in Tokyo Bay."
Reporters: :ohhh::patrice::damn: :hubie:
The Gawd Incarnate had the whole world shook :lupe:

He has the US and USSR ready to nuke the world back to the stone age to get rid of him :damn:
That's my radioactive dinosaur :blessed:

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I appreciate Godzilla from a cultural standpoint, and the old Japanese films are pop culture behemoths....but the way ya'll talk about them be having me :mjlol:
He looks awful in just about every old movie in my opinion. It's almost comical, they aren't theatrical masterpieces.

Godzilla with Hollywood budget >>> Toho films :yeshrug:
:yawn:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
I appreciate Godzilla from a cultural standpoint, and the old Japanese films are pop culture behemoths....but the way ya'll talk about them be having me :mjlol:
He looks awful in just about every old movie in my opinion. It's almost comical, they aren't theatrical masterpieces.

Movies are full of fukkery bruh
dA3TBWf_zpsgxhnwmms.png

bxrfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Memphis Grizzlies/Auburn Tigers

I feel like you have to grow up with Godzilla in order to truly understand his appeal. I've been watching these films since I was six years old. When I was little all I cared about were the monster fights, but as I got older I gained appreciation for what he's supposed to be a metaphor of. What's cool with the series is that there's something that can appeal to everyone. It can be taken seriously as a dark and haunting reminder of the sins of man or it can be some goofy and lighthearted flicks that children and the whole family can enjoy

As for the effects, some of these movies are more than fifty years old. There wasn't a lot of options to bring these creatures to life back then. I appreciate the effort and dedication they put into making the suits and minatures, as well as the hazardous conditions the suit actors had to go through. Theatrical masterpieces the Godzilla movies may not be, but there's a certain charm about them that not many other franchises have

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
I feel like you have to grow up with Godzilla in order to truly understand his appeal. I've been watching these films since I was six years old. When I was little all I cared about were the monster fights, but as I got older I gained appreciation for what he's supposed to be a metaphor of. What's cool with the series is that there's something that can appeal to everyone. It can be taken seriously as a dark and haunting reminder of the sins of man or it can be some goofy and lighthearted flicks that children and the whole family can enjoy

As for the effects, some of these movies are more than fifty years old. There wasn't a lot of options to bring these creatures to life back then. I appreciate the effort and dedication they put into making the suits and minatures, as well as the hazardous conditions the suit actors had to go through. Theatrical masterpieces the Godzilla movies may not be, but there's a certain charm about them that not many other franchises have
I agree with everything you wrote. I was speaking from purely a personal standpoint. But good breakdown nonetheless

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Trust me breh, I know. I just don't have the exuberance about them that some of these dudes do
Let them engage in their nerdy excitement, I hope this movie is coo but I'm don't getting hyped over dope trailers and marketing as many times it's a cover for a bad movie.

Dudes on here were nutting over the 2014 Godzilla trailers too, whic were good. But we all know how that flick turned out.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Post production officially finished yesterday so I expect we get a 2nd trailer by Dec-Jan:blessed:

:PantherBless2::PantherBless2::PantherBless2: #MarvelGang is in the building!!!

EDIT: man I thought we was talking about Avengers 4....:snooze:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

I disagree that 1998 Godzilla movie is the worst of the entire series of films. Godzilla vs. King Kong is a classic. I like both Godzilla and Skull Island but I wouldn't say either is a classic at this point

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
:PantherBless2::PantherBless2::PantherBless2: #MarvelGang is in the building!!!

EDIT: man I thought we was talking about Avengers 4....:snooze:
They got my money already I'm good on any trailers honestly
dA3TBWf_zpsgxhnwmms.png
It'll probably be dropped this month though Christmas the latest especially with so many movies coming in December and :jbhmm: