Official Ghostbusters (2016) Thread

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
I was excited when they announced that the new ghostbusters were gonna be women .......but honestly the trailer just didn't work for me.

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
The ghosts look cool. I don't see the movie being any better or worse than the og tbh

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
She's on SNL breh. Leslie Jones. She's down with that whole cast since they're all friends so it was kind of a no brainer.
I know where she's from and it irrelevant as McCarthy isn't an snl alum so it's not like it's mandatory requirement for the movie..Fact is there are other female comediennes that are non white out there

Her role isn't to be "camera friendly" it's to be funny
but she's not funny she's not funny at all people laugh at her not with her and there you go sounding like you ain't the black you proclaim to be. We have all heard of the doll test and know how strong the media plays a part in shaping that, do you think Leslie Jones is going to dispel or reaffirm the notion black is not beautiful, think about it...

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
I know where she's from and it irrelevant as McCarthy isn't an snl alum so it's not like it's mandatory requirement for the movie..Fact is there are other female comediennes that are non white out there

but she's not funny she's not funny at all people laugh at her not with her and there you go sounding like you ain't the black you proclaim to be. We have all heard of the doll test and know how strong the media plays a part in shaping that, do you think Leslie Jones is going to dispel or reaffirm the notion black is not beautiful, think about it...

nikka you acting like Melissa McCarthy pretty or something. All them brawds homely as hell. And how the hell you know people laugh at her and not with her? You took a poll of everyone whose seen everything she's ever played in. WTF.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

That's your opinion breh on her being funny or not. I think she is and I know others who think she is. But humor is subjective so it's a pointless debate. But as far as the doll test etc I'm not going to attempt to get in the head of someone I don't know and only know from his Twitter account and his movies. If you think there's some insidious plot that Paul feig has going then cool I can't tell you otherwise

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
nikka you acting like Melissa McCarthy pretty or something. All them brawds homely as hell. And how the hell you know people laugh at her and not with her? You took a poll of everyone whose seen everything she's ever played in. WTF.
McCarthy is 1/4 of a practically caucasian crew.:why: Wiig is obviously an acquired taste and the young chick is meant to be the cutey all blax have us Leslie to look at smarten up... For your other question her brand of comedy plays to validating age old racial stereotypes cac eat up that shyt like a ministrel