KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Dragons are NOT comparable to nukes.

What makes nukes so devastating is the radiation. The radioactive fallout can stretch for thousands of square miles. They're more than just big bombs. Presumably, once Drogon left, that area he attacked was safe for any commoners or nurses to traverse. A farmer 100 miles away from that field wasn't feeling any effects from Drogon.

They have the offence of a Vietnam-era helicopter, but there's no way you could shoot down a helicopter with a crossbow/ballista.

You wouldn't even be able to shoot down a WWI biplane.

They're only "nukes" relative to the fact that they're in a world without gunpowder (and that they have apparently unlimited ammo until they need to eat).

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
I don't look at this as a plot hole. I think the idea the writers are going for is that generally the dragons listen to Dany, but ultimately they're animals, and will do their own thing if severely wounded or feeding. This could come up again in a future episode, but everything has been consistent with this so far.
these nikkas better hope it don't. :wow:

qnsfinest

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
So let's say Cersai dies tomorrow natural cause or killed. Who's next in line to be king or queen? Would Qyburn take over, or will it be Tyrion? Can't be Jamie since he renounced all lands and titles. Now obviously if Dany overtakes and kills her, she'll be queen but I'm talking if Dany isn't in the picture.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
So let's say Cersai dies tomorrow natural cause or killed. Who's next in line to be king or queen? Would Qyburn take over, or will it be Tyrion? Can't be Jamie since he renounced all lands and titles. Now obviously if Dany overtakes and kills her, she'll be queen but I'm talking if Dany isn't in the picture.
there's still more lannisters.

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

All this stuff is out the window now. Cersei didn't have any real claim to the throne. She took it. Jon doesn't have any claim to the north. They gave it to him.

Daps
They have the offence of a Vietnam-era helicopter, but there's no way you could shoot down a helicopter with a crossbow/ballista.

You wouldn't even be able to shoot down a WWI biplane.

They're only "nukes" relative to the fact that they're in a world without gunpowder (and that they have apparently unlimited ammo until they need to eat).

Yea they're definitely game changers, but they were being compared to nukes in the sense of their being some moral compass needed to how to use them. I don't think they're comparable in that sense at all. She's at war, she has dragons, no one would fault her for using them on an army in the middle of an otherwise vacant field. If she was just sweeping across villages burning up homes and shyt that would be different.

I actually think an apache helicopter is an apt comparison. Regular crossbows ain't taking down a dragon, but I don't think a standard issue M16 is taking down an apache either. An anti aircraft missle would do the trick, tho, and that's analogous to what Bron was operating :ld:

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Co-sign. Would be a nice wrap up for his road to redemption he probably gets bodied after that too.

I could honestly see something like a classical tragedy playing out.

1. He refuses to send his troops to certain death
2. Cersei flips out and comes up with a crazy plan that will kill a ton of innocent people
3. He puts a knife in her
4. He gets brought onside to the stark/targ alliance by Tyrion (or maybe even by dikkon via his brother Sam, but that's a longshot)
5. Someone on that side kills him for what he did to Bran (probably Arya)

He redeems himself but can't quite wash that original sin away

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
She didn't put in no real work with the sword and we're basing her adeptness on some shyt she learned in season 1 and didn't really put into practice. Whole time in Braavos she didn't use it and then there she is flexing on one of the best swords in Westeros. People gotta keep in mind that Brienne wasn't gonna do nothing to her though
I don't get the complaints honestly. Cats make it seem like she killed Brienne.:mjlol:

They sparred, and she held her own. That's it. Keep in mind as skilled as Brienne is most of the people in Westeros haven't even seen waterdancing....so it's less to do with how skilled Arya is, and more to do with Brienne being completely inexperienced with that style of fighting.

And Arya could probably kill most people on the show because she's a little girl....well, a teen, but nobody takes her seriously. She could kill you in one strike and most people would let her on some :stopitslime: "what are you gonna do....ok, swing your little bullshyt sword.....oh shyt I'm bleeding :dead:"

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Cersei nuked the church where she was supposed to stand trial :dead: killed the queen, king, and the pope :dead:

but people want to talk about Dany burning soldiers in an open field? :dahell: you can't tell me that #targset ain't the most hated on :wow:

Exactly. Most people seem to forget commoners don't fukk with the Lannisters, at all, and that was before Cersei turned into a terrorist.

Fred.

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
Even though he's not much of a fighter anymore, I'm hoping Jaime survives this plot and is involved with the Starks/Targ when the great war comes.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
DGysk44UIAAeXhO.jpg

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland

2. Cersei flips out and comes up with a crazy plan that will kill a ton of innocent people
4. He gets brought onside to the stark/targ alliance by Tyrion (or maybe even by dikkon via his brother Sam, but that's a longshot)

i think he dies while killing cersei. those two are so intertwined. and so many seeds of doubt have been planted in him about cersei, both by himself and others, that i'm 100% rolling with her prophecy of her being killed by a brother and it's such poetic justice for it to be him.

but cersei could trip over a tree branch and die tomorrow and i'd be happy...:fuggu: her

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

From the "Carlito's Way" playbook. :wow:

Fred.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
one thing about dragons is that they are inherently connected to magic. I think they mention it a few times on the show, but more so in the book. the dragons coming back has made magic stronger. although it's not clear where the chicken and the egg is in that situation. it might all be connected to the White Walkers also

there's also some talk about how intelligent the dragons are. they are magical creatures, so they might be on another level

basically thinking of them as pit bulls isn't very helpful