detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
I know she said they don't breed soldiers. But still, didn't High Garden have the LARGEST ARMY number wise left of the 7 kingdoms? Wasn't that one of the main reasons the Lannisters wanted to keep the Tyrells as their allies? I remember even Tywin and them etc mentioning that in earlier seasons.
I thought at some point it was mentioned that the Tyrell's had the 2nd largest army behind L-set. Tyrell's just had more money and food as far as the show goes if I remember correctly

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
I know she said they don't breed soldiers. But still, didn't High Garden have the LARGEST ARMY number wise left of the 7 kingdoms? Wasn't that one of the main reasons the Lannisters wanted to keep the Tyrells as their allies? I remember even Tywin and them etc mentioning that in earlier seasons.

The Lannisters turned all of the Tyrell's bannermen (e.g., House Tarly) against them with the Donald Trump hate speech :mjpls:

There's also some hidden animosity towards the Tyrell's that wasn't really touched on the show. Aegon Targaryen named the Tyrells the Wardens of the South even though they were a minor house at the time, so they basically weren't always the noble family in the region.

Heshinsi

Rookie
Daps
The Lannisters turned all of the Tyrell's bannermen (e.g., House Tarly) against them with the Donald Trump hate speech :mjpls:
Jaime: "Cersei is going to make Westeros great again by not allowing those Mexi...er brown foreigners and eunuchs from staying here! I know you were sworn to Mace Tyrell, I know you were sworn to Queen Margaery, and I know you are oath bound to avenge them. But fukking brown people outside of Dorne, in Westeros?! You're ok with that bro?!"

Randall: "Yeah to hell with honour (which I have none of really considering what I did to my son Sam). Promise the Reach and I'm down to break oaths, and backstab the family I'm sworn to."

Daps
I'm ready, brehs

giphy.gif

#targset

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Jaime: "Cersei is going to make Westeros great again by not allowing those Mexi...er brown foreigners and eunuchs from staying here! I know you were sworn to Mace Tyrell, I know you were sworn to Queen Margaery, and I know you are oath bound to avenge them. But fukking brown people outside of Dorne, in Westeros! You're ok with that bro?!"

Randall: "Yeah to hell with honour (which I have none of really considering what I did to my son Sam). Promise the Reach and I'm done to break oaths, and backstab the family I'm sworn to."
negged