Official Game of Thrones Season 6 Thread

Daps
Jon is still a b*stard as Rhaegar was married to Ellia Martell and not Lyanna Stark. He's not a legitimized Targaryen.

polygamy was practiced by the targs

plus the strongest kingsguard was stationed with 2 others to protect/guard lyanna, instead of the king himself, or rhagar, or elia martell and the kids, or young vicerys and daenarys, all targarayan royal family and heirs

Lifer11

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean she was there for damn near two seasons which is however many years in the show, i think it's implied that she had more training than just getting her ass beat. secondly, she showed improvement in her fighting, just because she couldn't match toe to toe with the waif doesn't mean she ain't nice in them streets/nicer than the average adversary, look how she did meryn trant. she learned a lot such as being elusive, gaining trust, playing a part, fighting, methods of murder, etc as well as picked up the skill of fighting in darkness, something the waif didn't even possess. I don't know how people look at this and don't see the evolution.

I agree, I wasn't taking issue with what you said, just criticizing the writers' approach to Arya's storyline. I was really hoping to see a much more thorough explanation for the Faceless Men, and/or a much more satisfying exploration of Arya's time there and her evolution as a character. It just seems like filler now.

If the ultimate outcome of her time there was to make her a hardened killer I'd rather have seen her do that with Syrio and then her have more time running around killing people with The Hound. I preferred her interactions with both of them to her time with the FM.

Peak

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
aight I was a little letdown by this episode. This season has been piff and I think the final two episodes will continue that but this was the weakest of the season. It had some good moments but I'll start with the bad.

TWO YEARS basically we spend with Arya learning about the Many Faced God. We learn that they are nothing more than some hired assassins with some trickery and that's fine but so much time wasted there for Arya to just kill Waif and then be like "it's been real, Jaquen." chunk up the deuce and bounce. :what:

Then Jaquen is like " :manny: " and lets her go. :wtf:

We should have at least gotten to see Waif killed on screen that ho had it coming :damn: :damn:
The Arya/Ja'qen storyline promised so much ando delivered nothing. Very disappointed.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
This is under the assumption he's legitimized, but I also don't know that he'd be treated like a common b*stard if at all, his mother is Lyanna stark - noble blood, not some street tavern whore...anyway, none of this matters until or if it's revealed to him and he decides to do something with it

I don't think he would. I would think Jon would identify as a Stark rather than a Targaryen. We don't have book cannon to go off of yet, but show Jon seems like he's done with ruling unless he absolutely has to.

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
I mean she was there for damn near two seasons which is however many years in the show, i think it's implied that she had more training than just getting her ass beat. secondly, she showed improvement in her fighting, just because she couldn't match toe to toe with the waif doesn't mean she ain't nice in them streets/nicer than the average adversary, look how she did meryn trant. she learned a lot such as being elusive, gaining trust, playing a part, fighting, methods of murder, etc as well as picked up the skill of fighting in darkness, something the waif didn't even possess. I don't know how people look at this and don't see the evolution.

I think it's just that the payoff wasn't as grand considering how much they put into the storyline. I mean, I hated The Waif but not as much as the show wanted me too. And mostly its because the actress overacted throughout the whole shyt.

"I'm Arya Stark of Winterfell and I'm going home". Great, but unless her "training" pays off in a big way later on then it'll be an even bigger waste of time.

I'm honestly still unsure if in the last episode she was just a dumbass or was playing the long game and sacrificed the actress. Either way is fukking awful to me the way it played out.

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
tumblr_o8oxstloFj1s95j2so1_500.gif

tumblr_o8oxstloFj1s95j2so2_500.gif

tumblr_o8oxstloFj1s95j2so3_r1_500.gif

tumblr_o8oxstloFj1s95j2so4_500.gif
:laff:

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
AS for my thoughts,

- I enjoyed all of Jaime's scenes. Putting his face in half shadow when he was threatening Edmure was fukking great and he nailed it.

- I enjoyed every bit of Cersei and the High Sparrow still pulling strings without even being seen. They even drew out that I choose violence line and that made it better because it didn't come when I expected.

- Bronn and Pod's interaction was kinda weird. I don't know what it is but it felt off to me.

- The Hound was great as always. Never boring, his character. And he didn't spare a moment.

- I liked the way they played the LS angle and they knew it, too and had Beric turn around like 'fukk you thought this was?'

- Missandei and grey worm finally laughing was great.

- The siege of Mereen looked fukking incredible, honestly.

- And I loved Grey Worm telling Tyrion to shut the fukk up.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I agree, I wasn't taking issue with what you said, just criticizing the writers' approach to Arya's storyline. I was really hoping to see a much more thorough explanation for the Faceless Men, and/or a much more satisfying exploration of Arya's time there and her evolution as a character. It just seems like filler now.

If the ultimate outcome of her time there was to make her a hardened killer I'd rather have seen her do that with Syrio and then her have more time running around killing people with The Hound. I preferred her interactions with both of them to her time with the FM.
syrio never came across as a killer, secondly, it would void all of the things that help make arya who she is if she had been chillin with syrio all these years - being on the run/on her way to the wall, getting captured, rolling with the hound - she had many gifts, many of which she honed thru those real life struggles.

and not to you, but in general, i don't know what the love affair is with syrio - reason, season, lifetime - he had his reason for being in the show, he served it, move on.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I think it's just that the payoff wasn't as grand considering how much they put into the storyline. I mean, I hated The Waif but not as much as the show wanted me too. And mostly its because the actress overacted throughout the whole shyt.

"I'm Arya Stark of Winterfell and I'm going home". Great, but unless her "training" pays off in a big way later on then it'll be an even bigger waste of time.

I'm honestly still unsure if in the last episode she was just a dumbass or was playing the long game and sacrificed the actress. Either way is fukking awful to me the way it played out.
well duh!!!!!!!! yall think this was the denouement of her storyline? i saw this as a means to an end, i never felt she was going to become no one, so at some point she was getting out and either finishing off her list or somehow becoming involved in the battles in westeros

i don't know, i don't have an issue with the story line, maybe it could've happened over one season, but i don't see how they fill her story line last season and she'd be too far ahead this season, IMO, if she were back in westeros. i guess this is what i had in mind as opposed to others who seem to think she was about to become faceless

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
well duh!!!!!!!! yall think this was the denouement of her storyline? i saw this as a means to an end, i never felt she was going to become no one, so at some point she was getting out and either finishing off her list or somehow becoming involved in the battles in westeros

Oh no, narratively, in a tv show she most certainly couldn't become no one. Everyone knew she was gonna have her Arya Stark moment even before she hid needle. I know she's going on to better things and greener pastures.

I'll be happy when it happens but as it stands now, I'm a little deflated on it and I think it's understandable if a lot of people feel that way.

For some reason though this season has made me want to read the books more than previous ones. Don't know what it is but I'm ordering them later on this week.