Official Game of Thrones Season 6 Thread

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
Which is frankly moronic. How could you determine the best swordsman from a continent with 8000 years of history? Did they have highlight reels?

People can't agree who is the best boxer in just a hundred years of history, and that's in the modern age with thousands of hours of footage, statistics, boxers giving their own opinions etc.

People within the ASOIAF universe considering Dayne to be the "greatest swordsman ever" is just hype. The human need to make your time on Earth seem the most important time period that ever was. So your swordsmen are the best swordsmen and your war is the greatest war to end all ages etc.

Dayne(like Jaime or Barristan) is natural talent trained to the peak of human ability. That doesn't make him the greatest. There are others like him. And there are others that have natural talent but no formal training(like Bronn or Karl from the show) and those that are trained at a castle to be a warrior but aren't genetically gifted(i.e: Jorah Mormount or any run off the mill knight).

In fact if there was any one person who had the claim to be the greatest warrior - if such a thing were possible - it's probably Gregor Clegane, and that is because he was just a genetic aberration. Physically he was a freak of nature, he was trained from childhood to be knight, and he was a stone cold killer. He was a perfect storm, but even he was put down by Oberyn.

THERE IS NO GOAT!

Oh, and Syrio is a top notch swordsman. He was the Musashi of ASOIAF, an extremely smart and perceptive warrior who had swordsmanship down to a science and engaged in life or death duels his whole life.
The fact that he couldn't win against the best knights of Westeros(arguable) is due to the fact that he adapted to his own environment, Braavos. Knights are well armored because they fight on battlefields, bravos are lightly armored because they fight on ships and 1 on 1 duels. A knight would also be helpless in the swamps and bogs of the neck while sneaky crannogmen shot poisoned darts at them, because the crannogmen are better adapted to their environment.

Ever hear the expression "Game recognize game"? In the books, Bariston Selmy (who is regarded as a legendary fighter) said that Dayne is the best. Not to mention other legendary fighters like Jaime and Ned said the same thing.

Why are you so adamant against this? Is this touching some kind of insecurity in you? I already know you're not a stable poster, dropping racist shyt and disappearing for a time before reappearing.

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
Arya storyline kinda :russell: to me

Her shyt is getting exciting now. Wish we could say the same thing about Ms. Tony Robbins of dragons....her shyt has been exactly the same the past few seasons.

Make a grand declaration to a bunch of followers like she's about to set sail towards Westeros....and 6 seasons later she's still doing the same shyt.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
At work today dudes were talking about Bran and saying he traveled back in time and built the wall, built winterfield, created the Mad King, is somehow the old dude who was the three eyed Raven, the lord of light and a bunch of other shyt.

I'm seriously hoping this nikka just didn't randomly turn into God all of a sudden. Basically said this crippled ass dude is responsible for everything. I hope this shyt don't play out like that

Mr. Pink

All Star
Daps
Ever hear the expression "Game recognize game"? In the books, Bariston Selmy (who is regarded as a legendary fighter) said that Dayne is the best.
Did he now? Quote?
Because I have this quote from him:
"A warrior without peer . . . those are fine words, Your Grace, but words win no battles.”
I have seen a hundred tournaments and more wars than I would wish, and however strong or fast or skilled a knight may be, there are others who can match him. A man will win one tourney, and fall quickly in the next. A slick spot in the grass may mean defeat, or what you ate for supper the night before. A change in the wind may bring the gift of victory."

:sas2:
Not to mention other legendary fighters like Jaime and Ned said the same thing.
Did they travel back through time to see Aeomon the Dragonknight or Cregan Stark or Daemon Blackfyre or Bittersteel? Don't you see how stupid your argument is?

Why are you so adamant against this? Is this touching some kind of insecurity in you? I already know you're not a stable poster, dropping racist shyt and disappearing for a time before reappearing.
Are you mentally ill? I made one post, that makes you launch into some armchair psychoanalysis about my insecurities and how this is "adamant" for me? People can't voice their opinion?:heh:

You should be less worried about not stable posters with a racist history and more worried about keeping your thought process rational and free of cognitive biases and emotions.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
All I know is that the battle with the White Walkers should last AT LEAST 3 episodes. I don't want 7 years of buildup for just 1 episode were tons of shyt happen and Drogon comes to the rescue to roast everybody and it's the end :ufdup:
nah they gotta end on a "what happened after that" type of wrap up episode... that's how it's always been... next to last ep the action... last ep "ok now what"

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
I know it's not going to happen but I wish the final confrontation with the White Walkers (I'm not sure it's going to be the big battle everyone thinks) would happen at the beginning of the final act, so then we could have 2 episodes or so of aftermath. But I have a feeling the final confrontation is going to basically be the final few episodes to draw out the huge ratings that it's going to get, and it'll end on that climatic note.

The books will probably have hundreds of pages of aftermath, or a really long epilogue. If it's ever written. :mjcry:

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Which is frankly moronic. How could you determine the best swordsman from a continent with 8000 years of history? Did they have highlight reels?

People can't agree who is the best boxer in just a hundred years of history, and that's in the modern age with thousands of hours of footage, statistics, boxers giving their own opinions etc.

People within the ASOIAF universe considering Dayne to be the "greatest swordsman ever" is just hype. The human need to make your time on Earth seem the most important time period that ever was. So your swordsmen are the best swordsmen and your war is the greatest war to end all ages etc.

Dayne(like Jaime or Barristan) is natural talent trained to the peak of human ability. That doesn't make him the greatest. There are others like him. And there are others that have natural talent but no formal training(like Bronn or Karl from the show) and those that are trained at a castle to be a warrior but aren't genetically gifted(i.e: Jorah Mormount or any run off the mill knight).

In fact if there was any one person who had the claim to be the greatest warrior - if such a thing were possible - it's probably Gregor Clegane, and that is because he was just a genetic aberration. Physically he was a freak of nature, he was trained from childhood to be knight, and he was a stone cold killer. He was a perfect storm, but even he was put down by Oberyn.

THERE IS NO GOAT!

Oh, and Syrio is a top notch swordsman. He was the Musashi of ASOIAF, an extremely smart and perceptive warrior who had swordsmanship down to a science and engaged in life or death duels his whole life.
The fact that he couldn't win against the best knights of Westeros(arguable) is due to the fact that he adapted to his own environment, Braavos. Knights are well armored because they fight on battlefields, bravos are lightly armored because they fight on ships and 1 on 1 duels. A knight would also be helpless in the swamps and bogs of the neck while sneaky crannogmen shot poisoned darts at them, because the crannogmen are better adapted to their environment.
NbDJG.jpg

Martin says he's the greatest when armed with Dawn. That's good enough for me.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
For months I have been trying to figure out who the two people on the burning crosses will be and I think I finally have a good guess. Edd and Melisandre, along with 4 other Night's Watch men.

I think while Jon/Sansa are gone from the wall, Ramsay is going to attack castle black looking for Sansa and will end up taking Edd hostage. I think Mel will be there after being dismissed by Davos once he finds out about Shireen.

I could be wrong, but I just can't think of what other named characters it could be.

Last edited:

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
You could even see who was better from Ned.

Ned vs. Jamie in season 1, Ned held his own the whole fight, Jamie was better but, Ned kept up.

Ned vs. Dayne in season 6, he got disarmed a minute into the fight and was about to die :damn:

Keep in mind, Ned was supposed to be 40ish and rusty in season 1 while he was supposed to be 21ish and battle tested from the Rebellion in season 6.

You ccant go off that...Jamie was sparring with ned.

I won't argue dayne as #1, I think he was a better knight but in a sword fight Jamie would pull out all his tricks.

Selmy said he was the best he'd seen at his young age,

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
Can we talk about how the Dragons seem to be the Fire side's equivalent of the Ice side's White Walkers? (i.e. their respective nuclear weaponry)

The Walkers were created by the Children to keep the humans back.

The Dragons were tamed/controlled by Men to keep the Walkers/Children back?