Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
sticker,375x360.png

The Dragon Has Three Heads
:wow:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

Made Man

All Star
Daps
Than you're in the right thread. It's fine for non-book readers to discuss theories in this thread.
Well I know it was discussed in last season's thread but I'm damn near 100% sure that Lyanna Stark is Jon's mother. I've stayed away from this thread so I'm not sure if it has been discussed already. I've cam across some videos that virtually explain why there is no way Jon could be Ned's son.

King Crimson

Member of a very exclusive gang
Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
Well I know it was discussed in last season's thread but I'm damn near 100% sure that Lyanna Stark is Jon's mother. I've stayed away from this thread so I'm not sure if it has been discussed already. I've cam across some videos that virtually explain why there is no way Jon could be Ned's son.
I'm of the same mind. It makes sense. Ned Stark died because of his honor. You really think he'd dishonor his wife and marriage by cheating on Catelyn? With some bar wench nonetheless?

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

I'm of the same mind. It makes sense. Ned Stark died because of his honor. You really think he'd dishonor his wife and marriage by cheating on Catelyn? With some bar wench nonetheless?

:ohhh: So I'm guessing if y'all think that Lyanna Stark is Jon's mother, Y'all think King Robert Baratheon is NOT Jon Snow's father. So Ned Stark took him-in & claimed to be his father, to protect him.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA

The discussion of the theory can not go any further than that without heavily discussing the books, because there is no detail given in the show that would point to that. Doesn't really make much sense to discuss theories here for that very reason. Why not just read the books? If you are that interested enough that you are watching videos seeking out fan theories, why wouldn't you want to take part in that yourself? There is a whole world of theories out there, shyt that you would never have any inkling that exists if you are solely a show watcher simply because they aren't able to put the detail, depth, and context into the 10 hours per season.

I compare it to the show Lost. When Lost was on, it was the best show on TV much like GoT is now. But if you also invested your time into Lost forums and fan theories and alternate universe games, it became so much more than the best show on TV it engulfed your life for a period of time. The difference here is we know that GoT has a set in stone ending it is shooting for so when it is all over it won't just be a waste of time like Lost.

Made Man

All Star
Daps
:ohhh: So I'm guessing if y'all think that Lyanna Stark is Jon's mother, Y'all think King Robert Baratheon is NOT Jon Snow's father. So Ned Stark took him-in & claimed to be his father, to protect him.
Yep I'm thinking its Rhaegar Targareyan.

King Crimson

Member of a very exclusive gang
Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
I think Rhaegar Targaryen is his father. Some of the extended history has Rhaegar wooing Lyanna and then running off with her some time later. It could be that she fell for him and spread them lips for him. She gave Ned Jon and had him promise to look after him. I'm assuming it'd have been more acceptable for Ned to have a b*stard seed than for Lyanna to have gotten knocked up by Rhaegar after being promised to Robert Baratheon.

Made Man

All Star
Daps
The discussion of the theory can not go any further than that without heavily discussing the books, because there is no detail given in the show that would point to that. Doesn't really make much sense to discuss theories here for that very reason. Why not just read the books? If you are that interested enough that you are watching videos seeking out fan theories, why wouldn't you want to take part in that yourself? There is a whole world of theories out there, shyt that you would never have any inkling that exists if you are solely a show watcher simply because they aren't able to put the detail, depth, and context into the 10 hours per season.

I compare it to the show Lost. When Lost was on, it was the best show on TV much like GoT is now. But if you also invested your time into Lost forums and fan theories and alternate universe games, it became so much more than the best show on TV it engulfed your life for a period of time. The difference here is we know that GoT has a set in stone ending it is shooting for so when it is all over it won't just be a waste of time like Lost.
Breh you may be trying to hard. It's the backstory based off of Roberts rebellion. This show is not based off his rebellion. Its based off of the aftermath following it. Haven't read the books I'm pretty sure there was no spoiler or indication to who Jon's mom is...book readers are wondering the same thing as us.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Breh you may be trying to hard. It's the backstory based off of Roberts rebellion. This show is not based off his rebellion. Its based off of the aftermath following it. Haven't read the books I'm pretty sure there was no spoiler or indication to who Jon's mom is...book readers are wondering the same thing as us.

I forgot about those DVD histories. Those definitely are a great reference for show-only watchers

Not sure what you mean by "trying too hard" though. Trying for what? To inform you that there is a whole world of interesting shyt out there to explore?

Made Man

All Star
Daps
It's all good to post the history and Lore of Westeros in here but you cant discuss events that's apart of that history and lore....doesn't make since.