Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Just realized they didn't even a screen grab of my baby Sansa:wtb:

:jawalrus:

EuP0xz9.png

:takedat:

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
75 pages just off of speculation and a trailer:wow:

I love this thread:blessed:

April 6 cant get here soon enough:to:

this thread gonna do record numbers this season.

as for ned-khaleesi beef. i think barristan at her side would have eventually set her straight about ned. remember in season 1 how chummy ned and barristan were even though they fought on different sides. they were both men of honor and barristan and the rest always knew that the killing of targaryen babies was a Lannister thing. barristan even had hatred for jamie. remember season 1 when joffrey and cersei stripped him of his lord commander title and gave it to jamie he was like "the man who soiled his white cloak with his own kings blood" or something like that. i think its safe to assume barristan would have convinced dany that ned was a man of honor who hated the lannisters as much as anybody for what they did to those babies.

if we are playing "if ned were alive" game, i dont think ned would have rode with neither stannis or renly and just kept his forces up north and ready for any invasion. remember that before cat left kings landing he told her to send word to the neck to fortify their forces with 2000 archers. the neck is the only way up north by land and impenetrable from the south because of how thins the roads get. his plan was to stay up north and defend his land. the only reason robb was coming south was to save his father and then for vengeance. if ned was alive, he probably would have helped stannis with some troops until stannis declared war on his younger brother. that leads me to believe that maybe ned would have not gotten involved in the war unless stannis and renly came to an agreement. if ned would have gotten wind of stannis killing renly, he would no longer have supported stannis because kinslaying is a sin and any man who would kill his own blood is not an honorable man.

now, since cat is a tully, maybe we would have had some northern troops as far south as the riverlands to protect house tully but thats probably as far south as ned would have came.

this leaves ned with nobody to really align himself with for the fight for the iron throne. his choices would be stannis who wants to kill his own brother renly, renly who has no right to the throne at all, the lannisters and we all know that wouldnt happen(plus, if ned wages war on anybody it would be them for what happened to bran), or the targaryens who forged the throne to begin with and are the rightful owners.

however, at the point in the story where ned dies, the targaryens are nothing more than an afterthought. nobody is worried about them except robert who was paranoid(just cause u paranoid doesnt mean u are wrong). so lets fast forward and assume ned is alive and well and escaped to winterfell with his whole retinue and his daughters and his whole family intact(except for bran). lets say danarys makes it to kings landing with her unsullied, her dragons, her dothraki, and her sellswords. what does ned do if danarys wipes them all out down south and take the throne? in the face of dragons and a massive army and whatever southerners that decided to go back to the dragons, i think ned does what the starks did before. i think he bends the knee and swears fealty in return for keeping his title and the peace. he wouldnt really have much choice unless he wants to end up losing his whole army burned alive by dragons, and ned was a smart man.

damn my bad i ended up writing a fukking thesis but the anticipation of the new season and new book has me thinking about westeros alot since i dont do shyt at work :pachaha:

Sugar

Banned
Daps

as for ned-khaleesi beef. i think barristan at her side would have eventually set her straight about ned. remember in season 1 how chummy ned and barristan were even though they fought on different sides. they were both men of honor and barristan and the rest always knew that the killing of targaryen babies was a Lannister thing. barristan even had hatred for jamie. remember season 1 when joffrey and cersei stripped him of his lord commander title and gave it to jamie he was like "the man who soiled his white cloak with his own kings blood" or something like that. i think its safe to assume barristan would have convinced dany that ned was a man of honor who hated the lannisters as much as anybody for what they did to those babies.

if we are playing "if ned were alive" game, i dont think ned would have rode with neither stannis or renly and just kept his forces up north and ready for any invasion. remember that before cat left kings landing he told her to send word to the neck to fortify their forces with 2000 archers. the neck is the only way up north by land and impenetrable from the south because of how thins the roads get. his plan was to stay up north and defend his land. the only reason robb was coming south was to save his father and then for vengeance. if ned was alive, he probably would have helped stannis with some troops until stannis declared war on his younger brother. that leads me to believe that maybe ned would have not gotten involved in the war unless stannis and renly came to an agreement. if ned would have gotten wind of stannis killing renly, he would no longer have supported stannis because kinslaying is a sin and any man who would kill his own blood is not an honorable man.

now, since cat is a tully, maybe we would have had some northern troops as far south as the riverlands to protect house tully but thats probably as far south as ned would have came.

this leaves ned with nobody to really align himself with for the fight for the iron throne. his choices would be stannis who wants to kill his own brother renly, renly who has no right to the throne at all, the lannisters and we all know that wouldnt happen(plus, if ned wages war on anybody it would be them for what happened to bran), or the targaryens who forged the throne to begin with and are the rightful owners.

however, at the point in the story where ned dies, the targaryens are nothing more than an afterthought. nobody is worried about them except robert who was paranoid(just cause u paranoid doesnt mean u are wrong). so lets fast forward and assume ned is alive and well and escaped to winterfell with his whole retinue and his daughters and his whole family intact(except for bran). lets say danarys makes it to kings landing with her unsullied, her dragons, her dothraki, and her sellswords. what does ned do if danarys wipes them all out down south and take the throne? in the face of dragons and a massive army and whatever southerners that decided to go back to the dragons, i think ned does what the starks did before. i think he bends the knee and swears fealty in return for keeping his title and the peace. he wouldnt really have much choice unless he wants to end up losing his whole army burned alive by dragons, and ned was a smart man.

damn my bad i ended up writing a fukking thesis but the anticipation of the new season and new book has me thinking about westeros alot since i dont do shyt at work :pachaha:

EXCELLENT POST

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons

My nikka beanz:damn::damn:

DonkeyPuncher718

If Your Knee Dont Bend It Can Be Broken
Daps
Reppin
The Wall

:ehh:

Thats the beauty of this fukking series no one knows yet we can go in so many directions with so many plots that we could do this shyt until he actually finishes writing the fukking books:laugh:

You aint the only one with the posting at work I do the same shyt be mad slow lately:russ:

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Bonafide's Pre-Season GoT's Power Rankings

Individuals

1. Tywin Lannister

Tywin_lannister_S3_promo.jpg

The real ruler of the 7 kingdoms from the role of 'The Hand'. The richest and most powerful person in all the lands. By the end of season 3 Tywin managed to kill Robb Stark the northern rebellion in one move. With a carefully orchestrated plot with Walder Frey and Roose Bolton; he severely crippled the norths chances of winning the war.

2. Daenerys Targaryen

daenerys_targaryen_by_inesflores-d3it4a1.png

By the end of season 3, Daenerys had got the army she needed with the unsullied (8,000 fully trained). She has 3 very capable generals. The only reason she isn't #1 is the fact that her 3 dragons are still infants. We might also add the fact that she is thousands of miles away from Westeros in the middle of a desert and still doesn't posses any ships.

3. Joffrey Baratheon

art-thrones-joffrey-620x349.jpg

Regardless of Tywins hidden power. Joffrey is still the king. And people do as the king says. Last time we saw Joffrey he was getting put to bed by his grandfather. Prior to season 3, Cersei would've been coupled with Joffrey. But he has blossomed into his own evil self. It will be interesting moving forward into season 4 if he manages to surpass Tywin.

Stannis Baratheon

MV5BNTAyNzIyNjY4NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODQwNTgzNw@@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

He spent all of season 2 locked up in his castle licking his wounds from Blackwater Bay. His army depleted to somewhere around 1500 men. He is like a BCS team taking an L early in the season. The season is long so he has to regroup. But wait, is he really headed north to the wall. We will find out in season 4.​

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
who's heir to the name though? :patrice:

Tywin treats Tyrion like crap, but he really is his only hope at continuing his line 'the right way' (as Joff and his siblings have to front with the Baratheon name)

By The seven Kingdom's law it should be Tyrion since Jamie can't posses any land or wealth as a sworn member of the King's Guard, by age it should be Cersie da gawdess since she is the first born.

BonafideDefacto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay

Great analysis breh...

But your forgetting 1 major thing.

When Lord Commander Mormout got attacked by the Wight,
it would've been Ned who he sought for help not those at Kings Landing.
Couple that with Benjen dissapearing...
Ned might ride to the wall with a huge host of Northerners

But that aside.
The only way Ned was going home was via the Nights Watch
No way they(Lannisters) let Sansa go
So that still presents a problem.

Also,
the issue on the Kings Road with the Gold Cloaks would be interesting...
This still happens due to dude snitching that Gendry is headed to the wall.
So...
Does Ned get word to the Northern Army to send a host south to meet them
or....
Is he recaptured at Godseye?

Crazy thinking about the scenerios

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Great analysis breh...

But your forgetting 1 major thing.

When Lord Commander Mormout got attacked by the Wight,
it would've been Ned who he sought for help not those at Kings Landing.
Couple that with Benjen dissapearing...
Ned might ride to the wall with a huge host of Northerners

But that aside.
The only way Ned was going home was via the Nights Watch
No way they(Lannisters) let Sansa go
So that still presents a problem.

Also,
the issue on the Kings Road with the Gold Cloaks would be interesting...
This still happens due to dude snitching that Gendry is headed to the wall.
So...
Does Ned get word to the Northern Army to send a host south to meet them
or....
Is he recaptured at Godseye?

Crazy thinking about the scenerios

yea u right but i was thinking more along the lines of before sansa snitches on ned. before littlefinger came in and convinced him otherwise, ned was getting ready to pack up and leave. if he had just left with his daughters instead of listening to littlefinger, he could have gotten away on time the way renly did.

as for the north of the wall, yea i can totally see ned riding out in force with the nights watch. he was the one lord of the 7 kingdoms that held the nights watch in high regard.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
By The seven Kingdom's law it should be Tyrion since Jamie can't posses any land or wealth as a sworn member of the King's Guard, by age it should be Cersie da gawdess since she is the first born.
I'm talking about the generation after them, and who will carry the Lannister name (and specifically Tywin's line). male heirs need to have male heirs, and so on

BonafideDefacto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
I'm talking about the generation after them, and who will carry the Lannister name (and specifically Tywin's line). male heirs need to have male heirs, and so on

Tyrion and Sansa's baby

It's part of Tywins scheme...

They have 2 babies
1 for Casterly Rock
1 for Winterfell
:yeshrug: