Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

Jards

All Star
Daps
Of course
2cua.png
:russ:
I can't wait for this shyt to start- where the fukk is April?! :damn:

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
House Martell has been mentioned on the show, they are the head house of Dorne which also has been mentioned numerous times. They haven't had any characters on the show yet.

The following is not a spoiler, but just a very elementary level backstory on them. Anyone that doesn't want anything to do with the books can avoid this, but really it is just backstory (not even a detailed one) that the show doesn't have time to get into and will make it easier to follow in Season 4

Dorne is sort of the "outcast" of the Seven Kingdoms. They are under rule of King's Landing but there is a lot of tension there. The tension stems from Robert's Rebellion. Doran Martell is the head of House Martell and his sister Elia Martell married to the prince Rhaegar Targaryen during the Targaryen rule. They had 2 infant children who were both murdered by Sir Gregor Clegane at the command of Tywin Lannister during Robert's Rebellion. Because of these children's murders, tensions between House Martell and the Baratheon/Lannister households have been very high for the last 14 years despite Dorne bending the knee to King's Landing

Dorne never "bent the knee" to King's Landing. All the other great houses (Starks, Tullys, Arryns, Baratheons, Lannister, Tyrells) got destroyed in battle and submitted to Aegon the Conqueror. Dorne was the only kingdom Aegon wasn't able to defeat and were left to rule themselves for centuries. The later Targaryen Kings tried to conquer Dorne but they weren't successful either. Dorne was bought into the Seven Kingdoms via a marriage alliance. Because they weren't conquered, they still refer to their royals as Prince and Princess and they kept most of their old customs. Dorne basically doesn't fukk with any of the Seven Kingdoms at all. They fukk with the Free Cities over in Essos more. They're sworn to King's Landing in name but, they act like a sovereign kingdom. This is why The Mad King Aerys Targaryen was like :childplease: when Tywin Lannister tried to offer Cersei to his son Rhaegar Targaryen......"we don't marry our servants"......but, he was cool with Rhaegar marrying Elia Martell......because The Martells/Dorne get treated almost like equals. Another difference is their heritage. Its sorta like The North, where The Starks are descended from The First Men instead of the Andals (the primary lineage of the rest of Westeros). In Dorne everyone is descended from the Rhoynar instead.

Last edited:

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Dorne never "bent the knee" to King's Landing. All the other great houses (Starks, Tullys, Arryns, Baratheons, Lannister, Tyrells) got destroyed in battle and submitted to Aegon the Conqueror. Dorne was the only kingdom Aegon wasn't able to defeat and were left to rule themselves for centuries. The later Targaryen Kings tried to conquer Dorne but they weren't successful either. Dorne was bought into the Seven Kingdoms via a marriage alliance. Because they weren't conquered, they still refer to their royals as Prince and Princess and they kept most of their old customs. Dorne basically doesn't fukk with any of the Seven Kingdoms at all. They're sworn to King's Landing in name but, they act like a sovereign kingdom. They fukk with the Free Cities over in Essos more than anyone on the continent of Westeros. Another difference is their heritage. Its sorta like The North, where The Starks are descended from The First Men instead of the Andals (the primary lineage of the rest of Westeros). In Dorne everyone is descended from the Rhoynar instead.

damn ya making me about to start reading the books again. or at least watch the mini back stories from the DVDs.

this shyt is taking too long brehs :to:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
House Martell has been mentioned on the show, they are the head house of Dorne which also has been mentioned numerous times. They haven't had any characters on the show yet.

The following is not a spoiler, but just a very elementary level backstory on them. Anyone that doesn't want anything to do with the books can avoid this, but really it is just backstory (not even a detailed one) that the show doesn't have time to get into and will make it easier to follow in Season 4

Dorne is sort of the "outcast" of the Seven Kingdoms. They are under rule of King's Landing but there is a lot of tension there. The tension stems from Robert's Rebellion. Doran Martell is the head of House Martell and his sister Elia Martell married to the prince Rhaegar Targaryen during the Targaryen rule. They had 2 infant children who were both murdered by Sir Gregor Clegane at the command of Tywin Lannister during Robert's Rebellion. Because of these children's murders, tensions between House Martell and the Baratheon/Lannister households have been very high for the last 14 years despite Dorne bending the knee to King's Landing
I'd be surprised if that backstory doesn't get explained on the show eventually.

• Dap
Reactions: Jax

Mr. Pink

All Star
Daps
Another difference is their heritage. Its sorta like The North, where The Starks are descended from The First Men instead of the Andals (the primary lineage of the rest of Westeros). In Dorne everyone is descended from the Rhoynar instead.
Actually that's incorrect. The Rhoynar mixed with and were assimilated by the original Dornishmen, who were Andals. Dorne is a blend of Andal and Rhoynar people, both culturally and genetically. Genetically speaking the Rhoynar influence is stronger along the coast and weaker inland.

There are 3 types of Dornishmen, as per Daeron the Good's classification:
-salty Dornishmen(like the Martells) who have the most Rhoynar blood, and who live along the coast
-sandy Dornishmen, who live in the desert, and are a middle ground, both genetically and geographically
-stony Dornishment, who have the least Rhoynar blood, and live close to the Red Mountains

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
She took over an entire city and that's a negative, Fred?
w14c.png
The chick was sold into a marriage and essentially raped by her stranger husband who played Conan the Barbarian last year. That's an L my dude. Forget that though, how is not taking an L a negative? If the Konami code you're talking about is the dragons, they've been small as hell these past couple seasons. A smart army could easily kill them. Dany has won her battles with strategy and cunning. Dragons be damned, she knows how to lead.

Who exactly deserves mention in general, breh? Do you expect her to be on the battlefield herself murking nikkas? This isn't Braveheart, my dude:dwillhuh:Before the Targaryens came over the first time nobody gave a fukk, let alone heard of those nikkas. They came over and wrecked shyt and put Westeros on check. If the Seven Kingdoms are sleeping on ol girl, even better. The takeover will be that much easier:shaq:
":merchant: are-are-are those drag.....ons? I thought you told me that they didn't exist
ilBMypuubwYTv.png
, it was all a fairy tell you said.
iIhIHqrzVFzRs.png
"
iPmNKzk00dPxa.jpg

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
obarth post: 6888508 said:
I'd be surprised if that backstory doesn't get explained on the show eventually.
Yeah it will be explained but not in depth. And for show-only watchers there are already so many characters and locations that it is tough to follow, a lot of it might go in one ear and out the other since they probably won't go too deep into it

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
17GB read by Roy Dotrice, is what I have. I get distracted too, I need the books for real cause them audiobooks are too many hours long.
well i actually read the books and I am just :bryan: at the 17gb's

don't even know what my limit is(prob went over this month)