Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

Daps
Oh.

I don't read the books so I had no idea he'd die from an infection, either. Still, it's kind of lame to kill a character that's been around since season 1, off screen.

Fred.

So they could've had Arya finish him off to give you that closure, but I think the point was Arya wasn't going to give him thar satisfaction. He was a name on her list, and she wasn't going to give him any satisfaction in his death despite their 'bonding'

Instead she took his silver, cuz a dead man doesn't need silver. :manny:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
So they could've had Arya finish him off to give you that closure, but I think the point was Arya wasn't going to give him thar satisfaction. He was a name on her list, and she wasn't going to give him any satisfaction in his death despite their 'bonding'

Instead she took his silver, cuz a dead man doesn't need silver. :manny:

Eh, I don't think she should have killed him. I thought it was dope how she left him. But while I was watching it, I had no idea that was his last scene. A lot of people didn't.

Fred.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think they ring the bell when a king dies and thats only at the funeral.

Nobody gonna ring the bell upon seeing Tywin dead at first instance.

Those bells signify a royal death and nothing else.

Tywin was the hand of the king and the most powerful man in westeros.

If they found Tywin there alive you wouldn't have heard those bells

Daps
Eh, I don't think she should have killed him. I thought it was dope how she left him. But while I was watching it, I had no idea that was his last scene. A lot of people didn't.

Fred.

I feel ya, it def wasn't explicit, but I knew it was a wrap once Arya took that silver.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They're also rung for royal weddings and births, too, right?

They were also rung to signify Stannis' arrival at Blackwater, I think, too.

But ya, that night, it was clearly for Tywin
Yea you're right. I'm tripping

I forgot they hit the bells when Stannis came through

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Not gonna lie I'm finding my excitement about the series a bit deflated after that finale. I have to keep reminding myself just how dope the rest of the season was. Gotta remind myself that the Purple Wedding took place in episode 2, that the king White Walker took place mid season, that the Red Viper got his face smashed in and a battle of epic proportions took place last week. Gotta remind myself that through 4 seasons the only shows I thought were at this level of quality were The Wire and Lost. It doesn't make sense that I'm now worried about the future of the show.

The one thing I'm really dwelling on is Bran and the Children of the Forest and the Three Eyed Raven. Just such a monumental moment, to me the most pivotal moment to date and it was just bleh the way it was presented. Yeah, the politics and treachery of King's Landing are super entertaining, but the thing that keeps me interested above all else is the mythology. And here we have a species (The Children) thought to have been extinct for thousands of years and they suddenly appear. And 2 families tied heavily to the First Men and the Old Gods (Stark and Reed) just kind of say "meh, lets go see the 3 Eyed Raven instead"

It was just rushed. It makes me worry that the mythology of the show will always be secondary in order to appease the knuckle-draggers who only care about Tyrion and Daenerys. (that being said, they rushed Tyrion's scene too. They tried to do too much in the episode, should have moved the Stannis scene back to episode 9 and developed the climax moments in episode 10 further).

I think I need to rewatch the season in full to bring my excitement levels back up. There was just so much perfect shyt this season, one scene shouldn't drag it down this much.

But I'm an Old Gods stan, it is known
:yeshrug:

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought the finale was dope as hell, and am tempted to call it the GOAT season finale just based off the Lannisters catching a ridiculous amount of Ls and basically imploding, to the point they no longer actually exist as a House....but I'm gonna chill. I just really hate those motherfukkers.

If that's the last we see of the Hound then that's weak as fukk though.

Fred.

Dogg, it's a bit of a reach to say the Lannister's no longer actually exist as a house. The loss of Tywin is crippling, Tyrion being out of pocket is killer (but let's be real the Lannisters haven't let him make a single move since Tywin became Hand) but the Lannisters still have the Throne. By any definition they have been the most capable house for the entire series.

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang

I hope the Original Jaqen actor comes back and not that creepy looking motherfukker he turned into at the end.

The show usually kills the swagged out actors or they just replace them :beli: so you know they ain't bringing him :pacspit: hope they do doe :to:
That coin seemed pretty important, I'm thinking Jaqen is an important person there, maybe a bank of Braavos CEO or something :pachaha: and is just traveling around the world swagging out.

HookersandIceCream

#TeamOrange
Daps
Reppin
Wherever whores go.....
What evidence is there that Tywin is dead?
got-trailer.png

:demonic:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Dogg, it's a bit of a reach to say the Lannister's no longer actually exist as a house. The loss of Tywin is crippling, Tyrion being out of pocket is killer (but let's be real the Lannisters haven't let him make a single move since Tywin became Hand) but the Lannisters still have the Throne. By any definition they have been the most capable house for the entire series.

Nah. They're done. They've held the throne due to Tywin micromanaging their every move. He's dead.

Cersei is a moron, Jaime is basically useless at this point, Tommen is a little boy, Tyrion is gone. Joffrey is dead. Unless they introduce a fukk ton of new Lannisters next season, they're done. And even if they do that, the entire House has been gutted. Let's keep it real here, nobody is watching their arcs for Cersei, or Tommen. Tywin and Tyrion are the main draws, one is dead and the other don't give a fukk about the rest of his family.

Fred.

Texas2step

H-Town it's NOT our year
Daps
I'm confused about stannis, why spend all that money to save the ppl at the wall. How would that serve his purpose?