OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

Duke_Droese

All Star
Daps
Really couldn't argue with her picks (even if they were not who I would have picked) but you could tell ol girl came up empty when she decided to do Tyrion's casting:

Can't blame her though...aside from Tony Cox, Emmanuel Lewis and Bushwick Bill there are no black little people actors that I can think of.

if tywin's son was beetlejuice you'd understand his hate more

giphy.gif

Daps
Reppin
#LWO
Lakeith stanfield as rob stark ? :russ:

Nah, Lakeith is a comedic actor and personality you need someone more serious for that role.

John David Washington would be a better choice.

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Youse seen this? What do you reckon?

Good thread.

Nate Parker belongs in there somewhere.

I really like Kerry Washington as Cersai. :ehh:

Someone posted James Earl Jones as Grand Maester Pycells. :laugh: Nah, I need him to be someone more dutiful than that. Maybe Jeor Mormont. Schooling up whoever plays Jon would be a good watch. :ehh:

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Is this the first time Michael B Jordon wasn't cast in a fan casting of black actors?:mjgrin:

Last edited:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Really couldn't argue with her picks (even if they were not who I would have picked) but you could tell ol girl came up empty when she decided to do Tyrion's casting:

Can't blame her though...aside from Tony Cox, Emmanuel Lewis and Bushwick Bill there are no black little people actors that I can think of.

no to boseman as jon snow :gag: kofi siriboe would make a good jon snow, he's good at the brooding simple honorable man thing in queen sugar

actually, boseman as robb stark and lakeith as theon could work

mahersala would be a good little finger, not jorah

people sleep on aldis hodge would make a good ramsey

kiersey clemmons would be more interesting as dany than tessa

lol @ wasting sterling on the night king, he'd make a good jorah actually

angela basset would make a better olenna, let tracey ellis ross play catlyn

maybe michael k williams as beric or lord commander mormont or jaqen

djimon honsou as commander mormont, jaqen, or barritan selmy (smh @ wasting him as the mad king)

shaq as hodor and 50 cent as euron tho :dead:

edit: :dead: @ sam jackson as the NK, that actually would be perfect, can't have a black movie without a random sam jackson cameo :pachaha:

Last edited:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
The internet thinks he’s a shyt actor
lol @ the internet...

I'm on the internet and in the real world, in both my existences, I think he floats anywhere from :ld: to average as an actor. The works he's in are greater than the performance he gives, both that and being charismatic as well as a "heartthrob" elevate him substantially

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Emelia didn't seem at all bothered by the script like some were saying.

Emilia Clarke read a paragraph in the final script for Game of Thrones.

She read it again and again. Seven times, she says, she read the words that revealed the devastating fate of Daenerys Targaryen, a character she’s portrayed on the HBO global phenomenon for nearly a decade.

“What, what, what, WHAT!?” the actress recalls thinking. “Because it comes out of f—king nowhere. I’m flabbergasted. Absolutely never saw that coming.”

It was October 2017. The actress had recently completed filming Solo: A Star Wars Story and had just returned to London following a brief vacation. She electronically received the scripts the moment she landed at Heathrow and recalls that she “completely flipped out,” turned to her traveling companion and said, “‘Oh my god! I gotta go! I gotta go!’ And they’re like, ‘You gotta get your bags!’

“I cried,” Clarke says. “And I went for a walk. I walked out of the house and took my keys and phone and walked back with blisters on my feet. I didn’t come back for five hours. I’m like, ‘How am I going to do this?’”

“I genuinely did this, and it’s embarrassing and I’m going to admit it to you,” Clarke says. “I called my mom and—“ Clarke shifts into a tearful voice to perform the conversation as she reenacts the call: “I read the scripts and I don’t want to tell you what happens but can you just talk me off this ledge? It really messed me up.’ And then I asked my mom and brother really weird questions. They were like: ‘What are you asking us this for? What do you mean do I think Daenerys is a good person? Why are you asking us that question? Why do you care what people think of Daenerys? Are you okay?’”

https://ew.com/

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
no to boseman as jon snow :gag: kofi siriboe would make a good jon snow, he's good at the brooding simple honorable man thing in queen sugar
That was one of the ones that immediately jumped out just because Chadwick is way too old to be Jon Snow.
Kofi is a really good casting pick though.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
Youse seen this? What do you reckon?

Angela Bassett as Catelyn Stark would actually make me like the Tully's....I definitely wouldn't be able to judge Angela if she was the one to release Jamie or put the dagger in Tyrions bag.

Denzel as THE HONORABLE Lord Eddard Stark is too obvious a choice. It's so spot on that I don't want it. :heh: Could you imagine Denzel speaking to King's Landing before he gets beheaded :mjcry:

Yara as Sansa would distract the fukk out my senses cause she's so :noah:. Every episode I'd me be like "King Rob we must save your sister! :damn:." She'd have to play Lady Margaery. Good lord :noah: .

I'd actually have Lakeith or Mahershala Ali play Littlefinger. If Ali is Littlefinger then Lakeith would body the Ramsey Bolton role.

No way in hell am I signing up for Tessa Thompson playing Kelly C. The way we trashed Emma???

Also whoever plays Lady Tyrell and Oberyn gotta come through with that :smugdraper:

Chiwetel Ejiofor has to be Jorah

Keith David or Giancarlo would be dope Tywins too. I love them both.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps

Clifton Powell as Roose Bolton:demonic: