OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
"I think if Bran is left to sit the Iron Throne as king of whatever's left of Westeros than that has serious implications. Because this isnt Bran, this is the 3-eyed Raven/3-eyed Crow. As it was explained, this is a single consciousness that has been passed down by the children of the forest for who knows how long? Bran's mind is filled with the ancient spirits of long dead Children of The Forest Greenseers. Thousands of years ago, The children of the forest lost Westeros to mankind. Now they've taken it back"

Vid perfectly sums up why rushing the season(and to extent rushing the lore)leaves so many unanswered questions and implications and open endings.

:francis:

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Final thoughts,

Im not about to argue with the naysayers, im not even about to read all the posts about how Bran aint deserve it, hell I aint want that either, but only because my co-worker was on a tirade aobut how much the show sucks and predicted Bran only because he thought it made the least sense and he ended up being right.

Overall this season entertained me, they provided closure, my final impressions

- Jon Snow knows nothing, and needs to stay at the wall, he should never even go back not even to visit, he is not built for that life, he had it all and threw it away, he deserves to die a "hero" that nobody remembers
-Arya did the smart thing, she knows that peace will not last there and there is no real reason to believe otherwise
- Drogon was like fukk yall nikkas, im out and im giving the queen the burial she deserves, and fukk this bs ass iron throne. maybe in the books (which I will never read) she gets a better ending. She is still my Queen damnit :salute: to me she still won.
- The unsullied wouldnt have lasted long in KL anyway, the politics wold have caused them to leave at somepoint anyway

Also I must say, all those videos of the cast so called voicing their "displeasure" with the show through subliminal was the epitome of reaching, like :gucci: they were legit trying to protect "kayfabe" ofcourse they were not happy with their characters dying or not getting the throne.. you aint see the actor playing Brann throwing shade lol.. fukk that shyt and fukk their little petition it aint that serious.

- Great show, top 5 for me, loved this and last season as a matter of fact my favorite season were 5-7, most memorable moments were the Red wedding and Ned dying, ( I still think he died too early)

The whole story was the idea of being born into these positions are so stupid that people end up having incest just to keep their family in the throne and having a last name doesnt equate fit to rule. you cant trust anyone family included and you are always a target. This story showed that no one really deserves to be the one true king and if they do its temporary. Also the biggest threat to peace isnt zombies or dragons its greed and hate. This show was one big shot at the idea of a king and queen, and how stupid it is to live like that.
None of it makes sense. Whatever message they tried to send fell short. Corny ending with too many strings untied. Too many loose ends. Even the actors who's endings were happy were sending subliminal shade. At some point you can't defend a rushed mess. If it doesn't make sense it doesn't make sense. What's next: GRRM is just reaching when he said they should've kept XYZ plot the same as it was in the books.

There's no reach..D&D fumbled the ball.

:yeshrug:

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
tumblr_prs6ucDW1x1w47t9ro1_540.gif

tumblr_prs6ucDW1x1w47t9ro2_540.gif

tumblr_prs6ucDW1x1w47t9ro3_540.gif

tumblr_prs6ucDW1x1w47t9ro4_540.gif
Sums it up.

:yeshrug:

To be honest, I'm happiest for Sansa. I'm glad she survived most of all. She gets so much hate. She's wise, and she survived the game. As Corny and cheesy as the ending was. I'm glad she can finally breath.

:wow:

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
So bronn, an illiterate sellsword, is master of coin and bran is ok with that?

Jon has to go back to the nights watch, but Sam not only gets to stay but he's the new grand maester, even tho he quit maester training? And bran is ok with that?

So Sansa gets to be independent, but dorne didn't want the same treatment and neither did the iron Islands, whose whole rebellions were about that too?

And how did the unsullied and dothraki not chop off Jon's head as soon as he killed Dany?

Where did the dothraki go anyway? Did they stick around? Leave with the unsullied?

So many holes man :russ: it's just funny at this point how bad this season was. What a joke.

The_Unchosen_One

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis
Final thoughts,

Im not about to argue with the naysayers, im not even about to read all the posts about how Bran aint deserve it, hell I aint want that either, but only because my co-worker was on a tirade aobut how much the show sucks and predicted Bran only because he thought it made the least sense and he ended up being right.

Overall this season entertained me, they provided closure, my final impressions

- Jon Snow knows nothing, and needs to stay at the wall, he should never even go back not even to visit, he is not built for that life, he had it all and threw it away, he deserves to die a "hero" that nobody remembers

Jon abandoned his post at the wall and headed north to become the new Mance Rayder... that's what the final shot of him and all the people going out was... he said fukk the wall... which there wasn't a need for the nights watch anymore anyways since there wasn't a threat to the north anymore.

-Arya did the smart thing, she knows that peace will not last there and there is no real reason to believe otherwise

She's looking for a fight, hence her threatening to cut Yara's throat for badmouthing Jon at the Dragon Pit... She'll never be about peace

- Drogon was like fukk yall nikkas, im out and im giving the queen the burial she deserves, and fukk this bs ass iron throne. maybe in the books (which I will never read) she gets a better ending. She is still my Queen damnit :salute: to me she still won.

Saw his mother dead, burned everything in the room except the motherfukker who killed her. Who's to say he doesn't take her to a Red Priestess across the seas and the Lord of Light brings her back to life to get even with those bytches?

- The unsullied wouldnt have lasted long in KL anyway, the politics wold have caused them to leave at somepoint anyway

Agreed

Also I must say, all those videos of the cast so called voicing their "displeasure" with the show through subliminal was the epitome of reaching, like :gucci: they were legit trying to protect "kayfabe" ofcourse they were not happy with their characters dying or not getting the throne.. you aint see the actor playing Brann throwing shade lol.. fukk that shyt and fukk their little petition it aint that serious.

D&D are moving from GOT to directing the next Star Wars Tilogy, by 5:00 p.m. today... there will be a petition started to get them removed from Star Wars... they are going from one level of crazy to a whole new level... If they fukk up Star Wars... well Disney owns everything... they'll send hitmen dressed up as Mickey Mouse to put a bullet in your head... you don't mess with the mouses cheese :ufdup:

- Great show, top 5 for me, loved this and last season as a matter of fact my favorite season were 5-7, most memorable moments were the Red wedding and Ned dying, ( I still think he died too early)

Went from potentially 1-2 all time for me at the end of season 7 to maybe top 10... :manny: Ending is the most important part of the story, it's what everyone remembers when people bring up the series... a shytty ending decreases the chances for re-watches because of the enormous time investment it takes and then no payoff at the end. When you come up with a story you need to have a beginning and an ending... then you can begin the journey and fill in blanks on how the characters got there through all the chapters/seasons.

The whole story was the idea of being born into these positions are so stupid that people end up having incest just to keep their family in the throne and having a last name doesnt equate fit to rule. you cant trust anyone family included and you are always a target. This story showed that no one really deserves to be the one true king and if they do its temporary. Also the biggest threat to peace isnt zombies or dragons its greed and hate. This show was one big shot at the idea of a king and queen, and how stupid it is to live like that.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Seems like if the North would secede then Dorne would too. They don't really care for being in the 7 kingdoms either.

I wonder if GRMM is going to address that if the books are ever completed.

The_Unchosen_One

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis
Seems like if the North would secede then Dorne would too. They don't really care for being in the 7 kingdoms either.

I wonder if GRMM is going to address that if the books are ever completed.

Hes already said 5 still isnt done and he hasn't started on 6, he said that last week.

We'll never get the real ending since it takes 20+ years for a book... and last time I checked... father time is undefeated

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
There’s literally no one there to defend the kingdom either, everyone was like Welp, guess this year’s tiff is over see y’all :russ::mjlol:

But Winter really did come...and go #starkset