OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't know if I'm not expressing it correctly or if it's just a dumb argument. But my point is that with how shyt season 7 was (which is D&D's fault) and the fact that they only have 6 episodes to wrap it up (again their fault) they are actually doing a decent job. They handicapped themselves so they shouldn't be getting any props but it's still not as horrible as these people out here clutching their pears make it seem.

And season 7 lack of outrage is proof to me that if they didn't make Dany a mad queen, had Arya stab Cersei through the stomach and had Jon and Dany live happily ever after there wouldn't even be an ounce of outrage we're seeing now.

I mean in the end it’s your opinion so it is what it is but you said it yourself that they put the time restraints on themselves, making every scene crucial, yet they have scenes of dragon riding montages, Tyrion playing a drinking game with Grey Worm and Missandei, a terrible subplot with Arya-Sansa and Littlefinger, pointless dikk jokes between Tyrion and Varys and then when they’re pressed for time because of the scenes they wasted and their insistence on a short season they’ll rush the shyt out of plot points and character development that actually matter and then have the nerve to blame the criticism on fans being salty they didn’t get what they wanted.

Like these guys literally had to add a voiceover to the “Previously on GOT” segment last week just to further telegraph that the Dany heel turn wasn’t out of left field because they knew that it really was so fukking faaaaaar out of left field they had to Juelz a little bit right before the episode started. I can imagine running a show like this is insanely draining but we’re not talking about high level logistical fukk ups they made when trying to stage a huge battle scene or something, they just fukked up the writing in such obvious ways that it’s irking the shyt out of everyone. Like they had the longest layoff between seasons ever, to write for the shortest season ever, also the final season, and this is what they come with smh. Watching the post-ep interviews make it even worse too these guys are shameless and they deserve all the shade getting thrown at them.

How come Dany wasn’t ready for Euron and the iron fleet? The same iron fleet that fukking destroyed Danys entire navy in season 7 and captured Highgarden in season 7 which she was furious about and shytted on Tyrion for...how come she wasn’t ready for those guys. The only part of Cersei’s squad that’s given her any Ls?

D&D: oh she forgot about them dudes.

I know it’s just tv and it’s entertainment blah blah blah but this show had a legit chance in being in that top 1% of TV history with shyt like the Wire and Breaking Bad and they just blew it. You can’t go from being that piff to just having like sitcom logic and expect people not to take notice and get salty.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Since we’re being positive who is everyone’s top five favorite characters?

If I had to choose mine would be:

1. Tyrion
2. Jaime
3. Jon
4. Tywin
5. Stannis

HM: Ned, Jorah, the Hound, Margaery, Theon and Varys
No order,

Hollywood Daario Naharris :lawd:
Snowman
My Khaleesi :takedat:

Lady Mormont :birdman:

Had to Edit

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium

1. Tyrion
2. Jaime
3. Jon
4. Tywin
5. Stannis

Robb, Tyrion, Arya, Ned, Jaime

Stannis, Ramsey, and Oberyn would becoming off the bench for me

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps

1. Tyrion
2. Jaime
3. Jon
4. Tywin
5. Stannis

1. Snow Man
2. Ser Jorah
3. Tywin
4. Olenna
5. Arya

HM because they just didn't get enough screen time : Ned, Oberyn, Robb, Jeor Mormont, Bronn, Karl fookin Tanner

Sinnerman

Veteran
Daps

1. Tyrion
2. Jaime
3. Jon
4. Tywin
5. Stannis

1. Daenerys
2. Robb Stark
3. Tywin
4. Stannis Baratheon
5. Oberyn/Khal Drogo

letti cook

Superstar
Daps
“Bran past Arya THE HAWK and she put that work in!!!”

Once The Lox mention The Hawk on or off the track they mean business, they mad passionate about that weapon :russ:
im tired of hearing bout old nikkas that had it :aicmon:
be them same old nikkas that ratted :hhh:

WHO CARES :stopitslime:
lets talk about how we hawk nikkas in they fukking back :blessed:

i wish Kiss watched the show too...him and Styles arguing about anything is hilarious.. i know he would've killed it

taker597

Superstar
Daps
:leostare:Leave season 6 outta this, the way that season built up and ended with the Battle of the b*stards and the final episode are both leagues better than season 8.

But yea 7 got a pass because everyone assumed this would be the goat season, when its not even a top 5 season.
season 7 was such garbage filler, man. It kills me that it feels sooo rushed when they had no excuse. They had plenty of episodes after season 6, but they fcuking p*ssyfooted around with stupid shyt.

gogogubari

Mjpls I'm already black
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
YERDMEH
1. Arya
2. John snow
3. Syrio/Ned
4. Jaquen
5. Hound

I really would like Sansa to die but irl she’s married to a Jonas bro and no way is Hollywood ass d&d gonna kill her off when she may be responsible for their invites to the next vanity fair soirée.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Sansa telling Tyrion, Rhaegals death, Missandeis capture/death, Tyrion telling Varys, and Varys digesting that news and opting for treason could've spanned 2 or 3 episodes and truly let Daenys turn sink in. Doing all that in 20 minutes was disgusting and is a major reason why the heel turn flopped.

Even if you're gonna take the shot gun approach in 3 episodes it could easily be done better :
- have the common folk cheer for Missandeis head like they did Neds in season 1
- have Rhaegal get clipped while the bells are ringing to be that final straw that broke her back in the heat of the moment

Makes Rhaegal's death mean something rather than be a random bullet point, gives Daeny a reason to grudge the people on the ground, and makes her turn infinitely more satisfying.
Thank you