The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Like I posted earlier:

This isn't a "I hate Sidney" issue. This is a "What makes sense for this particular franchise?" situation and the best thing for Scream is to move past Sidney.

She's damn near 50 and we are supposed to believe that she will uproot her life and come back to Woodsboro because a new crop of teenagers she has no connection to are being killed by some copycat killer? What sense does that make?

Keeping it 100, Dewey and Gail make a million times more sense being involved in these new movies than Sidney just based on Dewey being a cop who still lives in Woodsboro and Gail being a tabloid journalist who's biggest claim to fame is the Woodsboro murders.

Sidney should want no parts of this shyt especially if she's got a young kid as her jogging pushing a stroller in the trailer seems to indicate.

sid-baby-scream-1024x576.jpg
:unimpressed:

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I don’t think they should kill Sidney, but they do need to write her off. Shes been through a lot of trauma and deserves peace in her life.

Each of the original three would not come back to make another Scream movie without Wes unless they felt like it was done right. I have faith in RS to deliver.

@Jello Biafra A baby and a ring on her finger. I wonder who proposed to her.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gotta love how these newbie genehateions think that somehow after the age of 40- you might as well be dead.
Legend has it that even though you basically created the franchise and the origin stories that they watch, somehow your contributions are meaningless and you need to die within the first 5 minutes bc there is nothing left to offer. There wouldn’t even be a “Scream” without the originals. Your exciting days only take place in your 20s. Don’t have any babies either if you value your life, because that triple odee ages you. “You ain’t no horror commodity” if you live past the age of 35. Go sit down in your cul de sac McMansion, bake muffins and enjoy life as you wait to die.
:beli::deadmanny:

Even though every horror movie or series this year starring 20 somethings of present day - look older than most 90s-2000s horror movie leads of that time . And can’t seem to get more than a 3.5/10 rating on IMDB, no one watches that basura shyt more than once, there are no current horror legends, and literally every horror movie that does well box office or otherwise over the past 2 years is literally a remake, rebrand or reboot, re-imagining of 80s-2000s horror movies. Because the younger gen can’t come up with an original thought or idea for shyt. Which is why there is even another Scream in 2022. Respect your elders.
:francis::beli:

Last edited:

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Like I posted earlier:

This isn't a "I hate Sidney" issue. This is a "What makes sense for this particular franchise?" situation and the best thing for Scream is to move past Sidney.

She's damn near 50 and we are supposed to believe that she will uproot her life and come back to Woodsboro because a new crop of teenagers she has no connection to are being killed by some copycat killer? What sense does that make?

Keeping it 100, Dewey and Gail make a million times more sense being involved in these new movies than Sidney just based on Dewey being a cop who still lives in Woodsboro and Gail being a tabloid journalist who's biggest claim to fame is the Woodsboro murders.

Sidney should want no parts of this shyt especially if she's got a young kid as her jogging pushing a stroller in the trailer seems to indicate.

sid-baby-scream-1024x576.jpg
If there’s an entire new cast, new storyline and new plot then what’s the point of calling it “Scream”- it would be a whole different movie.
:dahell::rudy:
If y’all want a new “Sidney”, then make another one.
:umad:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Gotta love how these newbie genehateions think that somehow after the age of 40- you might as well be dead.
Legend has it that even though you basically created the franchise and the origin stories that they watch, somehow your contributions are meaningless and you need to die within the first 5 minutes bc there is nothing left to offer. There wouldn’t even be a “Scream” without the originals. Your exciting days only take place in your 20s. Don’t have any babies either if you value your life, because that triple odee ages you. “You ain’t no horror commodity” if you live past the age of 35. Go sit down in your cul de sac McMansion, bake muffins and enjoy life as you wait to die.
:beli::deadmanny:

Even though every horror movie or series this year starring 20 somethings of present day - look older than most 90s-2000s horror movie leads of that time . And can’t seem to get more than a 3.5/10 rating on IMDB, no one watches that basura shyt more than once, there are no current horror legends, and literally every horror movie that does well box office or otherwise over the past 2 years is literally a remake, rebrand or reboot, re-imagining of 80s-2000s horror movies. Because the younger gen can’t come up with an original thought or idea for shyt. Which is why there is even another Scream in 2022. Respect your elders.
:francis::beli:
You're arguing a point that no one in here made though.

No one is being ageist.
No one is dismissing anyone because they are a parent.
No one is defending any of the shytty current horror content with old looking teenagers.

The arguments being made are:

It stretches the outer limits of credulity the way they have to come up with a way to connect 40-something Sidney Prescott to the events happening to a bunch of children she doesn't know in a town she doesn't live in anymore.

Sidney herself is seemingly a wife and mother now who is going to leave her family to go back to a town she hates to fight a serial killer who is not targeting her solely because said serial killer decided to wear the Ghostface mask.

Sidney is not like Laurie Strode because there is not a connection here. Its not like Billy Loomis is under the Ghostface mask and Sid has to take him down because he's her arch-nemesis.
No one dislikes Sidney...we are all fans. But the character makes no sense being involved in this teenage slasher bullshyt when she's moved on.

Honestly I'd be cool with them just not mentioning her or if Dewey/Gail are in the film have them explain Sid's absence by mentioning how she is beyond done with this type of stuff and wants no parts of it.

But if you are including her this new movie then, as far as I'm concerned, she needs to die just so the franchise can move on.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
These are all of the reboot/rebrand/remake/reimagined movies that were made or inspired by 90s/2000s and how they performed with a whole new cast, plot or storyline. Measured by a shyt scale. being the absolute worst = pure shyt.

1. Black Christmas (2019) - Pure Shyt

2. Chucky series (2021)- Pure Shyt

3. I Know What you did Last Summer (2021)- Pure Shyt

4. Saw (Spiral) 2021- Pure Shyt

5. Paranormal Activity 2021- Pure Shyt

6. IT2 - pure shyt

7. Pet Sematary - pure shyt

8. c00ndyman (2021) because he isn’t Candyman any more - Shyt.

9. Childs Play (2019)- shyt

All of these travesties and flops.

and y’all want us to just hand over the Scream franchise so you can CW treatment, wokesplain the script to oblivion, and make a mess of that too. Nah. Enough is enough. Back to business.
:ohhh::mjlol:
Let’s cater to a “new audience” they said, let’s update the cast and script full of agendas, we need a newer, fresher take on the old version, they asked…..
you-blew-it-robert.gif

Somebody let me know of a wide theater release or popular remake or rebrand/re-release without the original cast that was done in the past 4 years that actually out performed the original movie premise or the OG cast using the newer cast and new story formula.
:jbhmm:

Last edited:

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
These are all of the reboot/rebrand/remake/reimagined movies that were made or inspired by 90s/2000s and how they performed with a whole new cast, plot or storyline. Measured by a shyt scale. being the absolute worst = pure shyt.

1. Black Christmas (2019) - Pure Shyt

2. Chucky series (2021)- Pure Shyt

3. I Know What you did Last Summer (2021)- Pure Shyt

4. Saw (Spiral) 2021- Pure Shyt

5. Paranormal Activity 2021- Pure Shyt

6. IT2 - pure shyt

and y’all want us to just hand over the Scream franchise so you can CW treatment, wokesplain the script to oblivion, and make a mess of that too. Nah. Enough is enough.
:ohhh::mjlol:
Let’s cater to a “new audience” they said, let’s update the cast and script full of agendas, we need a newer, fresher take on the old version, they asked…..
you-blew-it-robert.gif

Somebody let me know of a wide theater release or popular remake or rebrand/re-release without the original cast that was done in the past 4 years that actually out performed the original movie premise or the OG cast using the newer cast and new story formula.
:jbhmm:
The Chucky series is awesome and being done by the creator of the franchise with plans to include legacy characters so this really shouldn't be on your list because its doing all the things you claim to want.

How you just jump over IT to IT 2? And both of them were very successful.
The IT remake was also better received by audiences and made a shyt ton more money than Scream 4 despite its slavish devotion to making sure the original trio made it to the end unscathed. :ufdup:

The rest of that stuff you listed was hot garbage but the thing those remakes didn't have that Scream does is the original series creator Kevin Williamson writing the new movies.
So whether Sid/Dewey/Gail are there or not really shouldn't matter as long as Williamson is there to make sure that Scream stays true to the basic concept regardless of the new cast of younger actors.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Thinking their list of rules applies to everyone’s list of rules by removing the main cast member.

The rest of that stuff you listed was hot garbage
That’s all that I needed to know and less that needed to be said. If 90% of the movies listed that were remakes without the original production, plot or actors involved then duhhhhh, that formula of teenscreaming the script isn’t working and you’re doing something wrong.

Let’s see the list of remade franchise movies made for adults by adults or with teen victims that people actually liked and retained the same script/plot that wasn’t straight to shyt from 2010- forward

1. My Bloody Valentine
2. Halloween 2007
3. Texas Chainsaw Massacre
4. Nightmare on Elm Street
5. The Fog
6. The Crazies
7. Evil Dead
8. Cabin Fever
9. Saw (pre 2021)
10. Leatherface
11. Halloween (Jamie lives timeline)

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Thinking their list of rules applies to everyone’s list of rules by removing the main cast member.
I have no idea what this sentence even means.

That’s all that I needed to know and less that needed to be said. If 90% of the movies listed that were remakes without the original production, plot or actors involved then duhhhhh, that formula of teenscreaming the script isn’t working and you’re doing something wrong.
Most remakes suck so you aren't actually scoring the point you think you are scoring by constantly repeating that point.

Let’s see the list of remade franchise movies made for adults by adults or with teen victims that people actually liked and retained the same script/plot that wasn’t straight to shyt from 2010- forward

1. My Bloody Valentine
2. Halloween 2007
3. Texas Chainsaw Massacre
4. Nightmare on Elm Street
5. The Fog
6. The Crazies
7. Evil Dead
8. Cabin Fever
9. Saw (pre 2021)
10. Leatherface
11. Halloween (Jamie lives timeline)
That Cabin Fever remake was ass. So was The Fog remake.
Nightmare was garbage; Leatherface was meh; Saw stopped being worth a damn after the second movie.
And I'm not even going to go in on all the things wrong with Zombie's Halloween.

But none of those movies brought back anyone from the originals. The Nightmare remake wasn't about Nancy strapping up to go a couple rounds with the new Freddy.
Evil Dead was an entirely new generation of characters and only included an after-credits nod to Ash.

Honestly I don't even know what this debate is about anymore because you've gone way off from the subject of Scream and the valid points about Sidney not being the center of the franchise moving forward.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Just to play ref for a bit, it’s possible to make a successful sequel to a flick without an original cast member. Halloween 4 showed that’s doable, along with pretty much every Friday the 13th movie. But you have to rip that band aid off quickly.

They brought Laurie back to Halloween because they had a story where it made sense. And when the franchise comes back after Halloween ends, someone new will have to figure out how to spin that wheel. But they’ll do it because that’s the nature of franchises.

Like I said I’m not advocating for Sid’s death. I am saying that the longer they keep her and Dewey and gale around, it starts to creep into Halloween territory with Michael only going after being related to Laurie or their friends. And it becomes silly because it’s so far removed from the original intent.

If this franchise is going to continue, which we all know is the plan, they have to create and establish new characters for audiences to fukk with. If they don’t, then the shyt will have a short shelf life

Last edited:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Why do you brehs want Sidney to die so bad?:dwillhuh:

Jaime Lee Curtis has been with the Halloween franchise since the 1970's and she's in her 60's.

Sidney IS the series imo. Series is not the same without her. Kill off Dewey or Gail if they wanna get rid of an original.

I sill feel like they should bring Jamie Kennedy's character Randy back some how:smugdraper:

he was hilarious and his death was so anti climactic.

Randy-Meeks-scream-8611256-320-240.jpg

:laugh:
They did actually kill Jamie Lee Curtis, they just pretend it didn't happen