Essential Official Film Room Random Thoughts Thread

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I can deal with extended cuts for certain flicks but it depends on who it is..gimme some examples of the ones you can't stand.:isthatall:
idk just in general breh.. like the LOTRs..i copped teh theatrical and extended dvds..only watched the extended once.

i know the nerds threw a fit and 1 starred the theatrical set blu on amazon..and now theyre practically giving them away and the extendeds are $70 :heh:.

but more specifically watched the extended cut of BIG last night and its literally almost as long as shawshank redemption :bryan:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
idk just in general breh.. like the LOTRs..i copped teh theatrical and extended dvds..only watched the extended once.

i know the nerds threw a fit and 1 starred the theatrical set blu on amazon..and now theyre practically giving them away and the extendeds are $70 :heh:.

but more specifically watched the extended cut of BIG last night and its literally almost as long as shawshank redemption :bryan:

Yeah that Lord of the Rings thing is ridiculous I agree with you on that. I can deal with extended cuts that gimme an extra 10-15 min but once we start talking 30-45 min or possibly an hour, :deadrose:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
:smugdraper:
Yeah that Lord of the Rings thing is ridiculous I agree with you on that. I can deal with extended cuts that gimme an extra 10-15 min but once we start talking 30-45 min or possibly an hour, :deadrose:
i gotta cop breh.. my 3 fav movies for $14.99

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Nah not at all. Just never knew your fav movies breh. My ex got me into them so I've got the blu ray set that came out a few years ago and I think it is the extended cuts

:bryan:

i started datin my girl around the time that and star wars came out so i never copped :to:

it worked out though everythings way cheaper except star wars

upgrading sucks though:beli:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:bryan:

i started datin my girl around the time that and star wars came out so i never copped :to:

it worked out though everythings way cheaper except star wars

upgrading sucks though:beli:

I got Star Wars from Costco with some birthday money back in 2012 breh. It's weird that lord of the rings has come down Indy has come down but Star Wars is still like:ufdup:

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
am i the only breh that does NOT like extended cuts of movies?

maybe i'm just A.D.D. but im usually fine with the theatrical cut..even worse when these 3 + hr joints wanna have extended cuts :bryan:

@MartyMcFly

Meh.

Sure I'd want to see more from some movies but most of the time shyt gets cut for good reasons. I can't stand when people (fans) say that this and this scene should've made it into the OG version without thinking if the film NEEDS it. In the Captain America thread someone wanted this scene

It adds nothing to the story or the characters but still people wanted it in and someone said "it explains why he ditched his newer suit"
Like any superhero hiding in public wouldn't ditch the thing during a manhunt even if it didn't have a tracking device on it.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Meh.

Sure I'd want to see more from some movies but most of the time shyt gets cut for good reasons. I can't stand when people (fans) say that this and this scene should've made it into the OG version without thinking if the film NEEDS it. In the Captain America thread someone wanted this scene

It adds nothing to the story or the characters but still people wanted it in and someone said "it explains why he ditched his newer suit"
Like any superhero hiding in public wouldn't ditch the thing during a manhunt even if it didn't have a tracking device on it.

Yeah I feel you on that shyt. Some scenes really do belong on the cutting room floor and the scene you highlighted is a perfect example of "duh." Why wouldn't a wanted fugitive ditch his outfit provided to him by the same place hunting him? Even if it wasn't provided by them, it's not like many people are walking around in Captain America shirts so he'd stick out like a sore thumb. Some movies are made in the editing bay

BlackAchilles

Veteran
Daps
am i the only breh that does NOT like extended cuts of movies?

maybe i'm just A.D.D. but im usually fine with the theatrical cut..even worse when these 3 + hr joints wanna have extended cuts :bryan:

@MartyMcFly

My notable exception is Apocalypse Now Redux, but mostly I co-sign. One night I tried to watch American Gangster extended cut, shyt had me up til like 3 in the morning