Essential Official Film Room Random Thoughts Thread

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Man they got some great stuff coming! Here is what I'm checking for this Fall/Winter:
Foxcatcher,
Gone Girl,
Interstellar,
Dark Places,
Kill the Messenger,
Theory of Everything,
The Interview,
Nightcrawler,
99 Homes,
Maps to the Stars (I've heard great things about this one and its Cronenberg, so its definitely anticipated),
Birdman is gonna be AMAZING,
INHERENT VICE (GREATNESS)

Too many potential classics coming, fam

i peeped the other flicks

not all have trailers

I'm In on Kill the messenger

Not sure about nightcrawler, but i trust gyleenhaal

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I always thought the Universal monster movies were full of camp but after copping the Universal Monster Collection I now see the were actually solid horror movies.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I always thought the Universal monster movies were full of camp but after copping the Universal Monster Collection I now see the were actually solid horror movies.

I've only seen Dracula, Frankenstein and Bride of Frankenstein. I want to watch the Wolfman and the others although the fact the Wolfman is in fact a wolf who strangles his victims instead of doing something wolf like to them is a bit of a let down

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've only seen Dracula, Frankenstein and Bride of Frankenstein. I want to watch the Wolfman and the others although the fact the Wolfman is in fact a wolf who strangles his victims instead of doing something wolf like to them is a bit of a let down
Censors of the time

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah I know I know but it's still funny as fukk. There's a scene in Frankenstein that had to be recut due to censors and I bet the Spanish version of Dracula is scarier because of the American censors at the time
I haven't gotten around to watching the Spanish version but they mention in extras that it was technically superior. I'll probably check it out in the morning.
Copped the collection for $28 on Amazon UK (it's region free)

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
I wanna see Foxcatcher. part where tatum headbutts the mirror had me like :merchant:

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
Not sure about nightcrawler, but i trust gyleenhaal

Dude

Robert Elswit is shooting it. Lets look at his recent films

Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol
The Town
The Men Who Stare at Goats
There Will Be Blood
Michael Clayton
Syriana
Good Night, and Good Luck

James Newton Howard is doing the score

But I'm kinda :patrice: when families hire each other. Dan Gilroy directs and writes it and his wife, René Russo, is in it and Dan's twin brother is the editor. Even though he's edited big movies it still doesn't still well.

R.O. Double

Holdin My Balls Since 83
Daps
Reppin
City Of Angels
Set It Off
63% Critics 90% User

The Town
94% Critics 84% User

According to Rotten Tomatoes.
:mjpls:
The Town is basically the white male version of Set It Off. Not just on the same premise, but the movie has 85% of the same plot.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Dude

Robert Elswit is shooting it. Lets look at his recent films

Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol
The Town
The Men Who Stare at Goats
There Will Be Blood
Michael Clayton
Syriana
Good Night, and Good Luck

James Newton Howard is doing the score

But I'm kinda :patrice: when families hire each other. Dan Gilroy directs and writes it and his wife, René Russo, is in it and Dan's twin brother is the editor. Even though he's edited big movies it still doesn't still well.
I have high hopes for Exodus as well.. hopefully its more Gladiator than Noah :lupe:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
am i the only breh that does NOT like extended cuts of movies?

maybe i'm just A.D.D. but im usually fine with the theatrical cut..even worse when these 3 + hr joints wanna have extended cuts :bryan:

@MartyMcFly

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
am i the only breh that does NOT like extended cuts of movies?

maybe i'm just A.D.D. but im usually fine with the theatrical cut..even worse when these 3 + hr joints wanna have extended cuts :bryan:

@MartyMcFly

I can deal with extended cuts for certain flicks but it depends on who it is..gimme some examples of the ones you can't stand.:isthatall: