Essential Official Film Room Random Thoughts Thread

Xerces

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Texas
I was watching "enemy at the gate" and "valkerie" 2 movies that the stories revolved around Russia and germany and every actor or actress was British outside of Tom Cruise and ed harris:mindblown:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
is it just me or is this fall/winter movie season lookin a bit weak compared to the previous 2 years?

Interstellar is all im super hyped for

and i'm sure Gone Girl will be good since its fincher

but other than that nothing im hyped for..

i'll see hobbit of course and probably hunger games just cuz but :manny:

@MartyMcFly @kp404 thoughts brehs? am i trippin?

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
is it just me or is this fall/winter movie season lookin a bit weak compared to the previous 2 years?

I gotta check out the roster. I can't think of anything coming out other than what you mentioned so you might be right and if so that sucks but I'm sure there's stuff we aren't thinking about. What about tusk?

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
Interstellar trailers have done nothing for me, same goes for Gone Girl but I'll watch them because of Nolan and Fincher :yeshrug:

No Good Deed could be cool, if only to see Elba as insane convict.
A Walk Among the Tombstones
Fury
Birdman (maybe)
Big Hero 6
Inherent Vice
Also Nightcrawler

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I gotta check out the roster. I can't think of anything coming out other than what you mentioned so you might be right and if so that sucks but I'm sure there's stuff we aren't thinking about. What about tusk?
the last 2 years i was super excited about stuff coming out in sept and october.. now im :ld: til november

R.O. Double

Holdin My Balls Since 83
Daps
Reppin
City Of Angels
I never watched any of the Mad Max movies before, but this preview for the new one got me feelinf like I need to watch them.:lupe:

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community

Man they got some great stuff coming! Here is what I'm checking for this Fall/Winter:
Foxcatcher,
Gone Girl,
Interstellar,
Dark Places,
Kill the Messenger,
Theory of Everything,
The Interview,
Nightcrawler,
99 Homes,
Maps to the Stars (I've heard great things about this one and its Cronenberg, so its definitely anticipated),
Birdman is gonna be AMAZING,
INHERENT VICE (GREATNESS)

Too many potential classics coming, fam

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Man they got some great stuff coming! Here is what I'm checking for this Fall/Winter:
Foxcatcher,
Gone Girl,
Interstellar,
Dark Places,
Kill the Messenger,
Theory of Everything,
The Interview,
Nightcrawler,
99 Homes,
Maps to the Stars (I've heard great things about this one and its Cronenberg, so its definitely anticipated),

I'll have to peep those. I haven't heard of the majority of them.

I knew about inherence vice but its gonna be a wide release early next year..it is on my radar though

Forgot about birdman too.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
I'll have to peep those. I haven't heard of the majority of them.

I knew about inherence vice but its gonna be a wide release early next year..it is on my radar though

Forgot about birdman too.

Yea man I keep up with all the Film Festivals, especially Toronto, Venice, and Telluride...those are where the BIG movies premiere to get ready for the Oscar push...Inherent Vice is gonna be screened this year and its still gonna be in Oscar contention; All those movies are potential classics; I'm more into the independent and less commercial film than the commercial stuff...I'm not checking for no Hobbits or any of that other stuff

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yea man I keep up with all the Film Festivals, especially Toronto, Venice, and Telluride...those are where the BIG movies premiere to get ready for the Oscar push...Inherent Vice is gonna be screened this year and its still gonna be in Oscar contention; All those movies are potential classics; I'm more into the independent and less commercial film than the commercial stuff...I'm not checking for no Hobbits or any of that other stuff

Foxcatcher,
Gone Girl,
Interstellar,
Dark Places,
Kill the Messenger,
Theory of Everything,
The Interview,
Nightcrawler,
99 Homes,

I'll add some horror flicks to that list too since some are actually coming out this fall

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
I'll add some horror flicks to that list too since some are actually coming out this fall

Yea, Honeymoon is coming which I heard was good at the Festivals; The Babadook is getting rave reviews, and their is a French horror movie I'm checking for about monsters, clowns, and kids and shyt